Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

White knuckling on my bike

FkWcHAsl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

New addition for me today , Tudor black bay GMT .Impressed with it so far

[IMG][/img]2G6grPo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Following the Pepsi theme today...
    CwqQrR.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Stuck at traffic lights earlier.

555469.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Decided to bite the bullet on this, still waiting on the polaris mariner which should come next week,

Zenith is very nice though, ill let fitz do a contrast and compare at some stage :D

Zenith-CS.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,487 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Very nice, I really like the sub dial arrangement on the Zenith. They really do stand out from the more standard 3 sub-dials.
    Well wear and enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Cyrus wrote: »
    Decided to bite the bullet on this, still waiting on the polaris mariner which should come next week,

Zenith is very nice though

Just about the best looking chrono out there imo. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Cyrus wrote: »

Zenith is very nice though, ill let fitz do a contrast and compare at some stage :D

Awesome....looks great, look forward to getting hands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Love the design of that Zenith, congrats on your new purchase Cyrus.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

The bracelet for Sinn 104 arrived today.

EZO0o11l.jpeg

I liked the watch before, but I love it now! I think it makes it look much better than the leather strap, much more to my taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Nice cycle along the canal from Clonsilla to Kilcock and back

tajwx2X.jpg

yKbSVMm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

This is:
    a) a picture I took on Hill 254 outside Danang back in 'Nam, around June 1971 or so (what a day that was);
    b) a photo of my new-ish Speedy on pattern 1 jungle fatigues taken by a middle aged man wishing his life was more exciting; or
    c) a touch of inspiration that hit me as I was going up the stairs past the coat rack.

rPVJRhh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

This is:
    a) a picture I took on Hill 254 outside Danang back in 'Nam, around June 1971 or so (what a day that was);
    b) a photo of my new-ish Speedy on pattern 1 jungle fatigues taken by a middle aged man wishing his life was more exciting; or
    c) a touch of inspiration that hit me as I was going up the stairs past the coat rack.

'You don't know man, you weren't there!'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This is:

Sure, wear it in the field tomorrow (the park, with us, drinking)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭893bet

I am just thankful there is not a bund in sight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

This is:

[]
    a) above^ suggested that you might want to re-post this on the signs you're getting old thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058137950&page=52

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

893bet wrote: »

You've just given me an idea....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

893bet wrote: »
    Oops... :o

555715.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

A stroll around Limerick City this morning with my Promaster along for company (with the wife of course :) )
    This watch is one of my keepers, a Father's day present that I once considered selling before I copped on and fell back in love with the watch and the sentiment.

MVIMG-20210613-135446-2.jpg
    MVIMG-20210613-135307-2.jpg
    IMG-20210613-143727.jpg
    IMG-20210613-143600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

First time out in the wild for the Starlight last night. Beautiful evening for dinner and a glass of wine in the garden.

200277546_10215574229908047_6944288760241414835_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=xX65vssNH3sAX_w8oz8&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=14&oh=6837e83e129c4d10c315d9064223711f&oe=60CBAF82

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Popped this on this morning for a change from the orange doxa I've been wearing for the he last week.
    It's a Bulova Snorkel II, this blue colourway is a 96B209. I went with blue as it came with the coffin link bracelet. It's a high frequency quartz so the second hand steps at 16 steps a second. I have it 2 and a half years so I'm surprised by the battery life. Accuracy is +3.3 seconds from DST at the end of March.

555804.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

Different erikas on seiko

BDD0-E5-D7-8-D47-4-A2-A-8979-85-A0-DF49-E126.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

New Tissot PRX.

555934.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

557CI9t.jpg

Seiko Turtle. I took it off the bracelet when I was able to lay my hands on a genuine rubber strap. They are one of the most comfortable straps I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Ian OB

Alpha Saphir 266. Got it on honeymoon in Berlin several years ago. Has next to zero monetary value. However it'll (hopefully) be a while before I'll be on honeymoon again. So I spent the price of it getting a new glass fitted last month. Nice & comfy on the wrist & there is still a bit of lume on the hands!!

555950.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kop-end

New Tissot PRX.

Nice PRX

• Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Second of the two incomings came yesterday, JLC Polaris Mariner.

20210616-091328.jpg

20210616-091348.jpg

Delighted with this as well, something a little different and the blue dial is lovely, its only 42mm but wears big as the bezel is internal making the dial appear large. Slips under a cuff quite well also.

So current SOTC is VC Overseas deep stream, JLC 8 day PC, IWC Portuguese Chrono, Omega DSOTM, Zenith Chronomaster Sport and JLC above (actually also have a BB58 whenever i can get back to the UK but i dont think ill be hanging onto that, or something will have to go at least).

On the two new arrivals very pleased with both, the zenith isnt as like a daytona as it would appear and is its own watch, the size is a better fit for me personally as well (compared to my old 116520 at least havent actually tried a 116500LN yet) the only disappointment is that the clasp isnt premium enough at the price point imo, the bracelet is super comfortable and the little gaps in the links apeing the A384 is a nice touch but the clasp needs to be and should be better.

The JLC is beautifully put together and has great presence without unwieldy dimensions, its also a little different, again i have an issue with the bracelet, on this one its very comfortable and no issue with the clasp (dual easi link style adjustment which is handy) but to take a link out its an bloody pin and collar job, i know patek use it for their bracelets aswell but imo there is no need in this day and age!

Hopefully Fitz will do a side by side of the Zenith and his daytona soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

With thanks to Deep Thought of this parish. My first IWC, very different from what I usually wear.

IMG-0070-1.jpg

IMG-0067-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Fitz II wrote: »
    With thanks to Deep Thought of this parish. My first IWC, very different from what I usually wear.

Love that classic flieger style.
    Well wear.

• Advertisement

Fitz II wrote: »

There's another watch I can strike off my "Give it to Fitz" to review list :P
    Well wear, my 3878 is still away for service and I'm missing it's reassuring heft!

Pressed "post" before I mentioned @Cyrus' acquisition!
    That really is beautiful and far more attractive on your wrist than it is in the already very nice sales shots.

Advertisement