Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Sunny Sunday Seiko.

In work unfortunately :( ,but can still join in!:)

Picture taken yesterday trying out the second "Chiclet" bracelet I bought from a guy in the UK last week

yPIhsVN.jpg

BcGA9RT.jpg

xzjvpt4

The seller included two clasps, a regular Seiko one, originally found on this bracelet

7fm8ryh.jpg

And one made by Stelux that was used on later models

nVULjdy.jpg

For anyone wondering, the nickname "Chiclet" came from a video Spencer Klein made referring to that style of bracelet reminding him of the chewing gum :D

chiclets.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Cycled to the sea for a bit of lunch in the nice weather this afternoon.

85-FDBAED-5-B94-4953-BD84-025-ED91-D1-E2-C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

mailforkev wrote: »
    Cycled to the sea for a bit of lunch in the nice weather this afternoon.

Hope that's not an e-hub I see. :(

Hope that's not an e-hub I see. :(

I’m a man of style and leisure CT, I like to keep the wardrobe free of lycra. Got a pair of VanMoofs for myself and the good lady wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Irishplayer, is that the dolphin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

mailforkev wrote: »
    Got a pair of VanMoofs for myself and the good lady wife.

The 'e' stands for evil.

The 'e' stands for evil.

Ah CT, just think of it as a homage to regular cycling. You do love a good homage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

P3wn132l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭893bet

#patekdrawingbales

383-D686-E-0-DEB-4-A55-BA6-A-3-B513-D65-BF8-E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

893bet wrote: »
    #patekdrawingbales

Modern Ireland in one photo right there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

#patekdrawingbales

More pictures required (of the Massey!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭893bet

C0N0R wrote: »
    More pictures required (of the Massey!)

89486-EBE-9204-4-E01-B6-FF-C4754-D16-D689.jpg

E382-C8-D3-8-E7-A-48-A0-B7-F3-6418-A110-CB02.jpg

Fully air conditioned I.e no door or back window.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My 1st wife was a Massey, she wasn't a tractor but she had plenty of pull :D

If that tractor was swapped for a Lambo (tractor,of course!), that could very well be the most Celtic tiger photo ever tho 🀣

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

#patekdrawingbales

That's classy:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

SNIP

First Patek I've seen being used as a beater watch. We've reached peak something again! Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was thinking that.

A Casio FW91 would be more my choice in that scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Have this nearly a year now and have always worn it on a Crafter Blue strap. Thought about it was about time I tried the bracelet so ordered a tool kit.

Wasn't as daunting as I thought I would be after the I figured out the collars are actually in the center link on the Samurai rather than the outer part like a lot of other Seiko's. The hardest part was actually getting the bracelet back on the watch with the solid end links being a tight fit.

555252.jpg

555251.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Fitz II wrote: »
    Modern Ireland in one photo right there

And the sad part for horology is that the tractor is appreciating in value faster than the Patek.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

This landed this morning Barton Elite, after over 8 years my original Seiko auto Diver went the other way from bracelet to rubber! Quite impressed with the strap I must pick up another one or two before the VAT off ends in July.

555294.jpg

I spent my Bank Holiday Monday in sitting in the sun in various beer gardens supporting the local watering holes!

Yae989sl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

New strap for the Speedy. This will age nicely I think. Strap is a Siena from Colareb in Italy. I like their stuff.

g0COJRn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

watched a video recently with tgv where he had a speedmaster homage (maybe dan henry) on a firenze grey colareb... bookedmarked it for future ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've another Colareb strap as well (the Roma), and they get better with age/wear.

Like myself.
    watched a video recently with tgv where he had a speedmaster homage (maybe dan henry) on a firenze grey colareb... bookedmarked it for future ordering

I did the deal for the 69/150 Sinn.
    Not only did I buy the watch, I paid with crypto too.
    Right before the market shít it's pants again yesterday.

It's now sending its way towards me from the US.
    A sacrifice shall be offered to the Gods of the revenue commissioners ;)

Attached is the Imgur album and of note is the variant box for a Sinn special edition.
    Far more interesting than the usual cube.
    https://m.imgur.com/a/hOZ2lBv

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

That is a beauty. Maybe it is the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon, but it seems that Sinns have been picking up in popularity. Hope to add a second one to my own collection soon once I make some space

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    That is a beauty. Maybe it is the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon, but it seems that Sinns have been picking up in popularity. Hope to add a second one to my own collection soon once I make some space

I've have a U2 that I have given dogs abuse to, and still need to reinstall the correct DW on ;)
    I bloody love Sinn tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

IMG-20210608-161215.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Starlight out for dinner :-p

IMG-20210608-221847.jpgmy best friend poem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Hi, Just thought i'ld post a picture on watch choices by the younger generation. I have three boys, 21,18 and 14. I've encouraged a bit of watch fondling by them and they are interested to see what dad has had shipped in from the internet. Anyway the two older boys had an 18th and 21st and they each chose their own watch after a bit of YouTube and web research. Each of them has a part time job, so 300 euros is a week as a kitchen porter or warehouse operative. We gifted them the watches but they know the monetary value of it in their terms, it's a weeks wages on minimum wage.
    The 18 year old chose an Orient Kamasu, the 21 year old a seiko 5kx Srpd... The 21 year old bought a few coloured natos, can't blame a young man for a bit of experimentation.

The younger fella I bought a watch with in a large jewellery shop in Peurto del la Cruz. The shop
    had a huge Casio stock range. He picked an MTD1053, quartz,200M with screwdown crown, €60. The shop owner was great craic, took a fancy to my aqualand and wanted to trade for it, talked me into a new pair of raybans though.

The young fella has lost and found his casio a few times over and has given it a good hiding in 2 years. Crystal is scratched but the mid size is spot on for him at the moment, he will outgrow it before it breaks.

555370.jpg

Advertisement