Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

BTW the textile strap is also fake as it's stamped Omega. The leather strap is genuine, it's not stamped Omega just genuine leather.

Though that would probably be a tell too - since I would find it hard to believe that Omega would scrimp a few dollars and only get "genuine leather" products vs full grain leather.
    Eoin wrote: »
    Absolutely - there's a difference between non-OEM and fake. You probably pay a premium for the (fake) logo on the latter.

Sometimes it's hard to find a good replacement for an OEM bracelet, but I find it hard to believe that watchmakers make their own leather straps, and aren't outsourcing it to strap makers (who are selling a very similar strap for less).

They generally outsource their clasps, buckles and bracelets to OEMs too - whether that is Swiss or Chinese - understandably Chinese factories are coy (and probably under NDAs) on which Swiss companies they work with but I understand many (most?) Swiss brands in the hundreds to low thousands euro price range have/choose to use Chinese-made parts because they can't be sufficiently profitable otherwise.

It's why Moser & Cie no longer has "Swiss Made" on the dial - it doesn't necessarily really mean much anymore - and you should judge a watch by its inherent quality, not where the badge says its "made".
    https://monochrome-watches.com/h-moser-cie-removes-swiss-made-from-its-watches-and-teases-us-with-the-upcoming-most-swiss-watch-ever-created/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Though that would probably be a tell too - since I would find it hard to believe that Omega would scrimp a few dollars and only get "genuine leather" products vs full grain leather.

The strap is genuine, feels like leather. It's not from Omega and doesn't claim to be, ipso facto it's not a fake. I rest my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

893bet wrote: »
    Jesus based on the last 3 pages this is the last place I would be looking for a real deployant given how many have no idea if the ones they have are real or not.

But they were a bargain price. And that’s valued more than quality around here by far too many.

Yep! Have been hesitant to pick one up off eBay or adverts etc just because of the amount of unknown fakes that are out there and having never owned the genuine I’d be easily fooled!

The strap is genuine, feels like leather. It's not from Omega and doesn't claim to be, ipso facto it's not a fake. I rest my case.

Should have explained myself better - any "luxury" Swiss brand I would imagine would never use "genuine leather" goods - since that's bottom of the quality scale in terms of leather. They'd pay the extra 20-40 euro for the full grain leather material. I'm saying that any strap that uses "genuine leather" is probably not in the highest quality bracket of leather goods - that's a tell about quality, not about genuineness.

Not to say there isn't well manufactured genuine leather straps - you just start getting into potentially dodgy practises once you go with genuine leather (underside is genuine leather, top side may be plastic/pleather; genuine leather may be reformed leather etc. etc.) - i.e. "genuine leather" is usually a warning sign about what you'll be getting (though I accept plenty of people don't mind pleather - or may even prefer it for moral reasons like alcantara in cars rather than leather).

Still a nice Hirsch leather strap is around 30 euro so I'd suggest spending a little extra for "genuine" leather rather than "genuine leather" :D :
    https://www.hirschstraps.com/collections/leather-hirsch-straps/products/hirsch-ranger-retro-leather-parallel-watch-strap-in-brown

Still a nice Hirsch leather strap is around 30 euro so I'd suggest spending a little extra for "genuine" leather rather than "genuine leather" :D :
    https://www.hirschstraps.com/collections/leather-hirsch-straps/products/hirsch-ranger-retro-leather-parallel-watch-strap-in-brown

"Retro leather" humph! That my learned friend is the invention of some marketing guru working pro bono and I refer not to the resident of Killiney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Any recommendations where I might get a good quality 17mm strap? Not easy source in that size. Anything up to a 100 euro is fine. In this case, the OEM quality isn't up to scratch (Junghans) so I want something a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

redlead wrote: »
    Any recommendations where I might get a good quality 17mm strap? Not easy source in that size. Anything up to a 100 euro is fine. In this case, the OEM quality isn't up to scratch (Junghans) so I want something a bit better.

I’ve bought Martu leather in the past. Good quality but colour match can be a little tricky.

Speaking of non oem. Anyone experience with zealande rubber straps?

https://zealande.com/collections/rubber-straps

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

A bit of tug of war to start the day

ByaM4Kxl.jpg

Ocean One Titanium 500

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Choices have been made!
    The dog has decided that lying in the nook of my legs whilst leaning on the back of the couch to look out the window, is how we are spending the day.

He's looking out the window, I'm just looking at the time :D

IMG-20210604-092741-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Aqua Terra gone, but need to keep the monkey fed.

This is right up my street. Midsize, blue dial and clean lines.
    Nomos Club Neomatik 'Atlantik'.

554909.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Haven't worn this old girl in a long time. Smart watch is taking over.

51223394972_20c4d049ac_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lurching wrote: »
    Haven't worn this old girl in a long time. Smart watch is taking over.

]

If you don't want it, I'll take it. Great looking watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Cienciano wrote: »
    If you don't want it, I'll take it. Great looking watch

I think I'll hang on to it for a while yet!

I'm not one for parting with old watches anyway. A watch is for life, not just for Christmas!

redlead wrote: »

Could always get in touch with Turas Leather - they're the people (one guy) I use for Sólás - I'm sure for less than 100 they could get you custom full grain leather pueblo Italian calf (or any other material) strap made to whatever size you need it to be. Be buying Irish too and I think he does good work.

May not have buckles though - but most watches allow the extraction of the OEM buckle.

Hirsch seem to a good recommendation for cheap and cheerful good quality leather straps.

Wearing a Turas prototype on the wrist today (green and gold :P ):
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CPsqF_VlcRl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you don't mind a long wait, Martu straps are a good shout. I bought a couple for my PAM and they were great quality.

Eoin wrote: »
    If you don't mind a long wait, Martu straps are a good shout. I bought a couple for my PAM and they were great quality.

I waited a year for one :) was standard post and in fairness i was refunded and it was covid delays out of chile...

Seiko spb149 on Ericas original. Not sure about the colour match. Dial is blue grey and second hand is slightly gold/orange

E6-A918-CA-612-E-4057-87-A2-279-B50-DA5-F6-B.jpg
    077835-F3-B903-468-C-9-D91-2736-FE42-A0-E8.jpg
    1-E9-CC4-B8-D133-4-B43-AA07-0-C04-A277-EB62.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭fortyplus

Speaking of non oem. Anyone experience with zealande rubber straps?

https://zealande.com/collections/rubber-straps

I have a black Zealande on my desk in the original packing for some time for my Omega Seamaster white face. Will put it on over the weekend and post an image.
    Bought it last year, researched at the time and it appeared well liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seiko spb149 on Ericas original. Not sure about the colour match. Dial is blue grey and second hand is slightly gold/orange
    SNIP

Like that type of strap, was thinking of trying one recently.

I know the Erica ones are good quality, can I ask how much that one was delivered?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Like that type of strap, was thinking of trying one recently.

I know the Erica ones are good quality, can I ask how much that one was delivered?

About 90 euro as I paid express dhl shipping. Thinking of changing it as I’m not sure of the colour combo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭893bet

Horoaddict wrote: »
    Yep! Have been hesitant to pick one up off eBay or adverts etc just because of the amount of unknown fakes that are out there and having never owned the genuine I’d be easily fooled!

One here on TZ. 140 sterling. Might for your watch.

If some eBay seller is selling for 60 quid then it’s fake.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?495649-Omega-18mm-Deployant-Clasp-94521833

Hard to beat a good homage.

554991.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Hard to beat a good homage.

Beg to differ :D

New to me, flicked that Tudor CHrono and the Root Beer into this, its wears amazing. Great experiance in Pride and Pinion as always, amazing stock great guys. And they gave me loads of swag. Will post in the chatty thread about what I saw. This one though is mine. And yes I am wearing a shirt, and what a shirt it is.

PXL-20210605-122703210.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I prefer the Ocean One to be honest :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    I prefer the Ocean One to be honest :D

Thats ok, I have the sub its aping too. :pac::pac::pac:

Fitz II wrote: »
    Beg to differ :D

New to me, flicked that Tudor CHrono and the Root Beer into this, its wears amazing.

Well wear!
    Lovely piece and saved me a few Bob too then ;) :pac:

banie01 wrote: »
    Well wear!
    Lovely piece and saved me a few Bob too then ;) :pac:

I wouldnt have let you buy the tudor Banie, and you would have immediately backed out anyway at the size of it.

Fitz II wrote: »
    I wouldnt have let you buy the tudor Banie, and you would have immediately backed out anyway at the size of it.

I'm still a week or so away from the MOASS so full financial independence and watch hoarding will commence mid June ;) :pac:

I was looking at your Tudor counting pennies, so glad the temptation is gone from here for a few weeks at least :)

Sunny Sunday Seiko.

555111.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Sunny Sunday Seiko.

It's a scorcher!

555130.jpg

Advertisement