Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

After a swim in the Irish sea. Hopefully I can get a lot more in over the summer.

YphGqmul.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

So, what watch does Leo wear? Best shot I could get.

Here’s a better pic but I’m still stumped.

https://www.alamy.com/taoiseach-leo-varadkar-speaks-to-the-media-outside-government-buildings-in-dublin-after-uk-prime-minister-theresa-may-lost-a-vote-on-her-brexit-plan-in-the-house-of-commons-in-london-on-tuesday-picture-date-wednesday-january-16-2019-see-pa-story-politics-brexit-ireland-photo-credit-should-read-brian-lawlesspa-wire-image231728638.html

Crown at two o’clock
    Two sub dials
    No recognisable logo, however looks like the name is between 10-2
    Blue thin hands with your hand skeletonised somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Ryath wrote: »
    Think I found it! It's an auto!

https://www.gavox.com/product/legacy-navy-358-5-logical-stars/

Is this a timex?

That 2nd watch looks like a Laco

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Second watch is definitely not the same as the first. He might be a collector...although I doubt it.
    scwazrh wrote: »
    That 2nd watch looks like a Laco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

I only have the Omega AT you sold me, nothing else in my collection could be described as an AT look alike.

I meant side by side with the citizen? It has a similar team dial?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

So, what watch does Leo wear?

Obviously not a Sinn'r

I meant side by side with the citizen? It has a similar team dial?

This?

554737.JPG

Okay get you.

554741.JPG

554742.JPG

If you want the Citizen send me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Second watch is definitely not the same as the first. He might be a collector...although I doubt it.

You know things are going down hill when you stop getting busted for looking at boobs and are looking at men's wrists instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Last patient of the day in 10 just enough time to admire the Royal Oak. Nearly a year ownership and still admiring it And still trying to figure out how to photo you own hand you your pocket.

PXL-20210602-141507757.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Fitz II wrote: »
    Last patient of the day in 10 just enough time to admire the Royal Oak. Nearly a year ownership and still admiring it And still trying to figure out how to photo you own hand you your pocket.

SNIP

That’s lovely!

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

First day out on the clay range this year .Once firearms are involved I have to wear the Arnie

[IMG][/img]i7xYdde.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Highly uncordinated outdoor sports equipment. I think you need a Miroku to pair with the Seiko, or a Panerai to go with the Beretta.

njburke wrote: »
    Highly uncordinated outdoor sports equipment. I think you need a Miroku to pair with the Seiko, or a Panerai to go with the Beretta.

I never wear my autos or manual winds when shooting .If the shock from golf is bad for watches , a couple of hundred shots in an hour surely can’t be good for one.

scwazrh wrote: »
    I never wear my autos or manual winds when shooting .If the shock from golf is bad for watches , a couple of hundred shots in an hour surely can’t be good for one.

This is one of my favourite photos. My MK38 gd3.

W05sPJm.jpg
    To keep it on track here, I was also wearing this when I took the picture (now sadly gone).

X2MBOQo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This is one of my favourite photos. My MK38 gd3.
    To keep it on track here, I was also wearing this when I took the picture (now sadly gone).

Gentleman mafioso

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I suppose you can't be too careful with an expensive watch. They did come up with the incabloc before WW2.
    That's a nice looking Miroku, I can't think of a swiss shotgun to match the Rolex though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

2 newest aditions to my wrist :)
    Both getting time along with my Steinhart Ocean

Seiko Prospex Padi ......the blue is something else in the sun...downside the date cyclops is tiny and date is only visible when looked at dead on
    https://imgur.com/yeJoq9T

yeJoq9T.jpeg

G-Shock Mudmaster...this is a beast but very easy to wear and is very light considering the size
    https://imgur.com/7TUzc1R

7TUzc1R.jpg

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement

Trialling my Aqua Terra on a leather racing with Omega deployant bought off a fellow forumite.

554814.JPG

554815.JPG

Is that the strap i sold with the watch cycling? Looks pretty good. Is it comfortable? I never tried it on

Is that the strap i sold with the watch cycling? Looks pretty good. Is it comfortable? I never tried it on

No it's a more recent purchase, one of three 19mm straps and a genuine Omega deployant clasp. I now have four 19mm straps. I'll need another 19mm lug watch soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

I hope you threw out the aftermarket deployants that were came with the straps. Horrible things.

No it's a more recent purchase, one of three 19mm straps and a genuine Omega deployant clasp. I now have four 19mm straps. I'll need another 19mm lug watch soon. :)

How do you find the strap? It looks good at the watch lugs. I could never look past the bracelt on the aqua terra.. never tried it on anything else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

893bet wrote: »
    I hope you threw out the aftermarket deployants that were came with the straps. Horrible things.

I have to disagree.

I had your original one and then with the straps I bought I got two more 'aftermarket' ones. One of the 'aftermarket' ones wasn't fantastic admittedly but the other one... I dare you to compare that one to the original and tell me which one is which.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

I have to disagree.

I had your original one and then with the straps I bought I got two more 'aftermarket' ones. One of the 'aftermarket' ones wasn't fantastic admittedly but the other one... I dare you to compare that one to the original and tell me which one is which.

Like anything fake there will be a lot of variability from one clasp to the next and one batch to the next. So you had 2 and one was poor and one seemed “comparable”. So from that sample size 50 percent were crap. I am confident could tell in hand fairly easily between the two.

In any case quality issues aside. I cant understand buying an expensive watch and putting it on a 20 quid fake depolyant. They are not after market. They are fake. Using terms like aftermarket seeks to normalise it.

893bet wrote: »
    Like anything fake there will be a lot of variability from one clasp to the next and one batch to the next. So you had 2 and one was poor and one seemed “comparable”. So from that sample size 50 percent were crap. I am confident could tell in hand fairly easily between the two.

In any case quality issues aside. I cant understand buying an expensive watch and putting it on a 20 quid fake depolyant. They are not after market. They are fake. Using terms like aftermarket seeks to normalise it.

The prices for OEM do see quite high if its purely a price consideration. I have two deployants i bought off ebay while in the US that were sold as Omega but i wouldnt be surprised if they were fake. I don't really like the depolyant concept on my wrist.. maybe i need more time with it. I remember looking at an OEM rubber for the AT that had steel inserts at the end links that looked awesome but its priced at like 600 pounds all in with strap, steel parts and deployant... thats a lot for a rubber strap

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

554830.jpg
    Hope y'all don't mind me posting my wee seiko 5 amongst your heavy hitters. Taken on a buseirrean bus on the way back from getting my 2nd jab today.

I know opinions are divided on these '5kxs' but I'm delighted with it for my first auto for 220 quid. I would never need over 100m WR, I just like having the diver style bezel for timing things (like bus journeys, lunch breaks at work etc). Movement very accurate and the case finishing and dial a step up from the classic SKX IMO.

On a Vintage Watch Co. NATO from watchgecko which is supposed to be 'admiralty grey' but looks more olive or khaki.

• Advertisement

Trialling my Aqua Terra on a leather racing with Omega deployant bought off a fellow forumite.

The racing strap looks brilliant on the AT. I've been tempted to get one for ages for my Speedmaster.

Advertisement