Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

A galaxy of stars! And agreed on photography - I've learnt to release something that isn't so hard for YT reviewers to shoot for the Equinox :P

Your photo looks like a hdr treatment? Was a polariser used too?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Fitz II wrote: »
    This is officially the hardest watch in the world to photograph.

I've a photographer friend who's intrigued by the challenge - he's hoping to get a few shots of my one next week, will post the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

3 lights of 3 different colours, CPL Filter. Around 2 second exposure and a 100 iso. No HDR thats cheating. Very tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I need to clean my keyboard!

KgeWdFll.jpeg

Hard day at Mill, off tomorrow so having a beer (Rascals Yankee IPA highly reccomended) and chilling. Wore this all week, its absoutly georgious, the size and the fit are perfect, but I can wash my hands with it on and give it a good scrub all day. Not since my AP have I been as pleased with a purchase. Couple of my watch pals have tried it on, first time wearing a Aquanaut and all had to agree (and these are guys that would slag you off for anything) its majectic.

I am now looking into getting another one in a different colour.

PXL-20210527-155401305.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Finally bit the bullet after months of looking and consistently changing my mind and got a Breitling Super Avenger 2

554245.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭scwazrh

lfc200 wrote: »
    Finally bit the bullet after months of looking and consistently changing my mind and got a Breitling Super Avenger 2

Very nice , enjoy .
    I bought the avenger 43mm last year and I’m still not bored of it . The Avenger range is distinctively Breitling with the non insert steel Bezel and chunky bracelet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I haven’t worn this in ages .The crafter blue strap is 2 year old but still has the vanilla smell it had when new.The lume is savage on seiko divers

[IMG][/img]VOT7s2X.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Seiko lume. Accept no substitutes. :D It is pretty much the best lume I've seen. Many moons ago I was lucky enough to get a small bottle of the real deal(it's of the older type so more white than blue) and any of my ancient watches I've relumed with it now glow like Chernobyl :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

AFDFF42-D-34-F5-450-A-ACF5-A71328-B61349.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

It's quiet round here.

554427.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Homer

So nice to be able to sit outside at nearly 9pm and enjoy a beer and some light work.. still really enjoying my black bay GMT on a crafter blue matching strap I got for it.

6614-A4-A8-8-E6-F-4-B37-99-CE-2-B58237-F6-D5-D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I've been wearing my doxa sub for the past week or so. It's still very shiny, not at all beat up like my orange monster.

554442.jpg

IMG-0017.jpg

UnXKfIJl.jpg

I was on ebay during the week to see if I could find a bracelet for my Sinn 104 and ended up spotting a very nice U1. I put a low-ball bid on to see what became of it, but was outbid by €15 at the last second. Somebody got themselves a nice deal, but it has got me dreaming of a U1. I never knew that I needed one and now I really want one!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sinn are bloody lovely watches IMHO and I can see why the U1 would appeal alright.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Pablo_Flox wrote: »

I was on ebay during the week to see if I could find a bracelet for my Sinn 104 and ended up spotting a very nice U1. I put a low-ball bid on to see what became of it, but was outbid by €15 at the last second. Somebody got themselves a nice deal, but it has got me dreaming of a U1. I never knew that I needed one and now I really want one!!

For the bracelet, why don't you buy a brand new one direct from Sinn? They're not that expensive in EU around €220 when I enquired about one for a 556.

The prices are artificially inflated on forums/eBay because they cost a lot more in the US from WatchBuys.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It's the HKed Bund on my wrist this weekend!
    IMG-20210530-104911-2.jpg

david wrote: »
    For the bracelet, why don't you buy a brand new one direct from Sinn? They're not that expensive in EU around €220 when I enquired about one for a 556.

The prices are artificially inflated on forums/eBay because they cost a lot more in the US from WatchBuys.

That is what I will likely be doing, I got a quote from Sinn of €242 including shipping. I was just taking a look around to see if there might be any second hand ones floating around before I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pablo_Flox wrote: »

The black bezel U1 is really nice. Although if you have a 104 maybe the plain metal would be better as it's a bit different.

• Advertisement

554477.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭micks_address

SNIP

Hey cycling would you mind posting a side by side of the two aqua terra? The omega and the look alike

Hey cycling would you mind posting a side by side of the two aqua terra? The omega and the look alike

I only have the Omega AT you sold me, nothing else in my collection could be described as an AT look alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Finally pulled the trigger and picked up an Omega Seamaster 300. It’s a 2020 ceramic model and I got a cracking deal on Chrono24. Had just convinced myself to drop nearly 5k for a brand new one in Keanes 2 weeks ago so was delighted when I seen this one for a nice bit less. Was tied between that and the Tudor Pelagos and I think I went with the right choice. The Pelagos will be an addition at some point but for now this is my baby and it’s a keeper.

Bought it as a birth year watch for my son and also for my fortieth. I hope that when my son hits forty I can give it to him along with the pic I took this morning of him being the first person to try on the watch.

554672.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Lovely job that. Well wear.
    Finally pulled the trigger and picked up an Omega Seamaster 300. It’s a 2020 ceramic model and I got a cracking deal on Chrono24. Had just convinced myself to drop nearly 5k for a brand new one in Keanes 2 weeks ago so was delighted when I seen this one for a nice bit less. Was tied between that and the Tudor Pelagos and I think I went with the right choice. The Pelagos will be an addition at some point but for now this is my baby and it’s a keeper.

Bought it as a birth year watch for my son and also for my fortieth. I hope that when my son hits forty I can give it to him along with the pic I took this morning of him being the first person to try on the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Well wear darragh, it's a beauty. I am in the same boat, undecided between that model and the Pelagos but deep down I know it will be the Seamaster. My next dilemma is black or blue. I am thinking rubber strap because the lack of a taper on the bracelet may look too big on my little software developer wrists.

Do you mind me asking who did you buy from on Chrono? I have a few saved searches from sellers in Germany mainly.

Yep, the price in Keane's is fairly nuts, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭This is it

Beautiful watch, well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Well wear darragh, it's a beauty. I am in the same boat, undecided between that model and the Pelagos but deep down I know it will be the Seamaster. My next dilemma is black or blue. I am thinking rubber strap because the lack of a taper on the bracelet may look too big on my little software developer wrists.

Do you mind me asking who did you buy from on Chrono? I have a few saved searches from sellers in Germany mainly.

Yep, the price in Keane's is fairly nuts, to be honest.

I bought this one from a private seller but was very close to buying from a dealer “guardian of time” he had stock in Spain for €4150 brand new. I too was a bit more leaning towards the black but now that I have the blue I wouldn’t change it at all, it really pops in the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

So, what watch does Leo wear? Best shot I could get.

JNpVd8F.jpg

Advertisement