Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Just out of the water at Mullaghmore. It sure beats working.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Here you go. Had a lot of fun. Had to put the Sub on a nato after a few days as the heat made my wrist swell.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

green sumo day. this is (I think) the newer revision so the bezel is slightly different to my blue one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭scwazrh

My watch consolidation or declutter depending on how you look at it is in progress .I’ve moved on 3 watches in the last week but bought a new one as well.Much higher quality than what I’ve moved out though.It’s a Ming 27.01 , known to the forum as I got it from @893bet at a very fair price .Small but wears larger than its 38 mm size would have you think.Very impressive watch at its price point.

893 is also a gent and was kind enough to bring along his aquanaut, Lange ,Dornbluth and my personal favourite the VC 47040.For anyone that hasn’t handled that level of watches it’s a very impressive collection. I was underwhelmed by the patek , very impressed by the Lange & Dornbluth and blown away by the VC . I’ve previously posted here how I don’t “get” Vacheron or see the attraction but I certainly do now.The VC is so far ahead of a Rolex sub despite being similar prices on the grey market .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭893bet

Like wise a gent.

I really admired the Tudor pro. Wears slim for its massive size and just looks the biz. Value at its price.

The Aqua never comes out well beside the Lange 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Holy retirement plan batman... or maybe when the kids are a bit older. Cracking route that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,570 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was going to reply to Schwarz yesterday and confirm my agreement with his take. Both on your watches and your standing as a gentleman 😉

Fully agree that the VC blows the Aqua out of the water when both are in hand, and, that both pale in comparison to the Lange!

I look forward to getting a look at your Dornbluth someday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭micks_address

I know you guys are sick or seeing this one.. stowa strap arrived today.. probably suits it best

• Registered Users Posts: 19,870 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

New one in, was looking at another Cartier after trying on fitz ’s and for more interestingly taking a spin in his taycan.

I’ve lost count of how many IWC pilots chronographs I have had now , definitely 5 or 6. I can confirm that this one is the best, the new 41mm size is great and bracelet is top notch .

Post edited by Cyrus on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭893bet

A glorious evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I was just testing a lens, but thought why not:

You've left me hanging, what's the lens and camera?

Picked up this yesterday in watch station Kildare village. A Skagen Fisk fashion watch. Broke all my rules buying retail but I'ld seen one before somewhere. It's quartz three hander, movement unknown. Titanium except clasp and screw back caseback,cost saving or material suitability. Nice bezel action, screwdown crown, divers extension and rated to 200M but no ISO. lume is pretty good too. €59 euros and they sized the bracelet for me, a branded box was an extra 4 euros, I declined. No prosecco was opened.

For the anoraks, my meter has it running for several +3 S/d 12 second cycles, it then reports a -14 S/d cycle of 12 seconds. So regulation is over a longer average, not something I've seen before in a cheap quartz.

Wife's warm GS for quick calibration check.

Post edited by njburke on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Camera is an Olympus E-M1. Lens is an Olympus 150-400mm f4.5. Distance from watch to lens, about 1.3m.

Tripod I presume, I have a Nikon D7200 here and a old 55 mm mikro nikor. I'ld need a clean watch though. I managed this shot with a d70 and an enlarger lens on a bellows.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Thanks for the nightmare fuel NJ, nice lens tho

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The problem with macro lenses, you end up with a massive collection of insect photos.

I might dig it out again if I break open a watch. The contact springs on my lip electro mechanical might be on a similar scale to some of that spider gubbins. His fangs have specular reflection, sort of bio ceramic I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Huawei Smart band 6 watch - €40 Currys LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Haha - no, I think its faulty I have done 3 marathons already today 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Damako DA 34

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Is that Gavin's Damasko? I hope so 'cause the temptation was just getting too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Nice to meet you earlier and good luck with the Damasko, you will not run into too many of these!!

You too Gavin, its a lovely watch I'll be hanging onto for a long time, thanks!

Finally, after nearly 2 months of courier ping pong and a VAT bill 😕

My new to me Sinn U2SDR has been delivered. This is my 2nd one of these (3rd if the white dial LE is counted 😉) and tbh?

I fecking love them! Probably one of the best tool watches I've ever handled and a brilliant diver to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,183 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What's the model to the left (on the top photo). Love the styling on that one.

• Advertisement

That's a special edition of the 103 called the military mkIV. It's a Destro watch and is very comfortable to wear.

Advertisement