Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭scwazrh

That fits your wrist perfect , I can see what you mean about a sub looking small for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

A BB58 has been on my mind for some time and I pulled the trigger last week. Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

RM have been thinking of one recently, did you have much trouble picking one up?

congrats - any discount on them or still full retail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Congrats on the Tudor, I think they are great bang for buck and bloody love mine.

In regards to a watch photo? Well this is where I'd pop up a photo of my new to me Sinn 😁 but it's still circling back to Norway to be re-sent via UPS 😕.

It's the seller I feel sorry for tbh, funds in escrow with Chrono24 now for over a month and likely at least another week to go.

• Advertisement

Not really. I'd only been half-looking for one and had called a few places but none had stock. Ended up purchasing in Paris while there for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Tried on a couple of nice watches over the weekend.. 😊

A leftie GMT and a Daytona..

Were in Hartmanns. The sales person couldn't have been nicer, helpful and knew his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

€45k for the lefty GMT, seems a bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Hartmans have one listed (I assume that one) for €45k. Grey market prices looked to have started at €60k with first deliveries but have dropped like a stone since.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fell down a rabbit hole of high end modification over the weekend.

There's a guy sharing videos of his progress in skeletonizing Rolex Daytonas and yes that's a plural.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Chiesj8jWFT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Insanity. Or I guess someone with more money than sense. I never really got the "skeleton" look anyway. Intricate workings of a complicated machine are fascinating, but you couldn't tell the time from it 😁

Id imagine they will be left waiting for that as uk prices on them are under £30k .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

No surprise the market for those sort of hype watches has had a serious correction. Can't say I have seen prices of ordinary decent Rolex steel sport drop at all though in the last few months. Might go up again in the run up to Christmas? Who knows, but wait I think we have a dedicated thread for that 😂

Depends what you mean by ordinary decent steel sports.All the GMT’s are down, airkings ,skydwellers , hulks, Starbucks etc are down .Datejust , OP & black subs seem to be the only ones holding their prices.The entry level stuff would always be the last to fall.Blue OP are still twice retail

Everything is down, but that happened after a ridiculous boost late last year early this year. The least desirable sports Rolex - the Airking - went from €5-6k to €10-12k in a couple of months, that was insane. Someone on adverts was asking €15k or something stupid. You still see a lot of high asking prices of around the €9k mark for many of them, but I doubt they sell for much more than €7k. At which price I feel it is likely a solid purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Yes, both were €45k (give or take €500). I think the GMT was 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Having had a GMT in black, batman and Pepsi variant, I can honestly say that the watch is not worth 45k in a million years. A fine watch but even a few thousand over retail and its starting to get a bit worrying.

But look I dont know what a tracker mortgage is, and the gurus say the fundamentals are sound. Soft landing after a much needed correction and now its all stable again and business is great. Nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement

Which did you prefer ? I have myself convinced I want a Pepsi but I tried one on last year in Dawsons when it was €22k and it felt underwhelming.With time passing I’m not sure if it was the price or the watch I didn’t like .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

It will always be underwhelming if you pay 2-3x what the manufacturer sets the RRP at.

I found them all underwhelming too. Look lovely from a distance but underwhelming on the wrist. Dawson's have eye-watering prices, but I like the shop, their expertise and that you can try different watches on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Batman was the best version, the pepsi colours were not to my taste, I think the oyster suites it best

It's a fairly simple watch the gmt...I paid 18k for a pepsi and at that I felt u had been skinned and moved it quick. A 12k batman is about where my comfort lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ian OB

Since I received this a little over a year ago I have to say that for its price point (€30 including delivery) its smashing.

A few minor niggles haven't stopped it from becoming my daily watch, worn for almost everything.

Niggles include rubbish strap (straps are like shoe laces just change them & carry on). Lume may have been present in the factory but it wasn't part of the manufacturing process^. Rotating chapter ring isn't as tight as you might like. However, as I have zero idea what all them numbers mean*, it doesn't impact on me in any way whatsoever.

It does have an AR coating on the glass (or whatever its made of).

Pushers have popped out upon occasion (twice) to be replaced with blue tack as a temporary measure. Pushers have been found too & easily reinstated.

All in all, for a fairly solid, yet ultimately disposable watch its hard to go wrong with a Jaragar.

^I might try & rectify this myself at some point in the autumn.

*I also have zero intention of learning this either 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Looks like it holding up well alright….

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

And one of these and she'll be as good as new!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ian OB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Brasso works remarkably well funny enough. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement