Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's a large part of it. Back in the day when they were all independent brands selling to the same audience and competing with each other bunched together in jeweller shop windows there was little between the brands at the same price points. Having handled or owned early 70's Omega, Rolex and Longines diver's watches, the Rolex bracelet was the worst of the bunch. Now they've pretty much got the best bracelets on the market and at any point.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Evenings are certainly shortening, back to night time walks. My Padi Turtle has really grown on me. Probably the favourite of my Seiko divers now. I really like the Samurai case but I'm not pushed about the bezel design on mine. I may flip it yet for a Save the Ocean version. Possibly even pick the Turtle now if I had to choose between it and my Orange Monster as sentimental as I am about it.

Timelapse

One in daylight to see it properly! I've switched to battery powered for my lawn mower though. The deck on my old one is like swiss cheese which is a shame as the engine has been bullet proof on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

So finally stepping into the world of Panerai - got a pam01314 last week in the Paris boutique. Got engaged to my now fiancée the week before so was a bit of a celebratory purchase. Possibly not everyone’s cup of tea but I love it and it’s a keeper. Came on leather and got two rubber straps with it. Obligatory lume pic attached too.

apologies for sideways…. Mods?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Very nice , the white with the sandwich dial looks so much better than the older model white dials.I’d try a white rubber dial with it just to complete the colour scheme .

if your posting the photos from an iOS ,I’ve found if you make a minor crop to the pic size it posts the correct way up as opposed to sideways .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭banie01

if your posting the photos from an iOS ,I’ve found if you make a minor crop to the pic size it posts the correct way up as opposed to sideways

Same with Android, a minor crop or just changing the ratio solves it.

@C0N0R congratulations on the engagement and on the really lovely watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,918 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My Seiko bracelet is machined and made from Titanium. I strongly suspect it will likely outlast me. That's more than enough quality for my simple tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Decided to treat myself while on holidays.

U-Boat Darkmoon. Bigger than I'd normally go for at 44mm, and it's filled with oil to enhance visibility (note, the little bubble). The green really pops off the dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My Zenith chrono sold relatively easily - loved the look, but just too massive for me - and this just arrived to replace it. This was not on my radar at all when I started looking, but pretty happy with it. 44mm is a good size for me, and it's a good bit newer than the moon watches in the same price range. Pin and collar bracelet means adjustment is a bit of a PITA to get right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

"For relaxing times, make it Suntory time."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I must give that Yamazaki a try when next I get a chance. My usual go to Japanese whiskey is Nikka but it's such a broad field of whiskey that it can IMO be hard to pick a bottle so I tend to stick with what I know these days.

In an effort to annoy Mrs Banie this morning 😉 The Sinn has been put on to a red silicone strap. It drives her mental, she thinks it makes any watch I put it on look childish and toylike 😕 that it's fine for sport or diving on the red but, not out and about

So I told her it's a good thing we're going for a walk and last one to the car is a loser! Covers me for "sport" if there's a bit of competitive risk!😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

My first Tudor. I'm very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Allwheelsgood

Hi Folks,

What are your views on the Sinn U1 SE with the bracelet. I need to buy a new watch and have big wrists and am hard on watches although my last Citizen Aqualand lasted me 25 years. So far its down to the Sinn or a Marathon GSAR large black, again with a bracelet. Was also going to get a rubber strap for whichever one I end up with.

Is there others I should consider?

Been down the Rolex Submariner route years ago, not interested in going back which kindof eliminates the Tudor and Omega stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

today's seiko - spb149j (the blue one)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Sinn are very highly regarded among most people around here. And I love the U1, especially the SE version. The rubber strap for Sinn are famous for being very good quality and extremely comfortable, but I haven't even gotten to use one myself.

The only consideration to give is that it isn't a very dressy watch, so it might not look great with a suit; but TBH I think the idea of pairing a formal watch with a formal suit is a bit dated and out of fashion.

You really can't go wrong with the Sinn, and that would get my vote of the two finalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Tudor Black Bay Heritage as the sun sets in Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A beautiful watch, but I'm nearly more jealous of the sun you're getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭micks_address

Wearing this all week.. seems to be running very accurately.. I wouldn't say it's seamaster quality but it's not bad

Got a zealande strap for my seamaster .The straps feels lovely and very comfortable to wear.Fitting it was a pain in the arse .Got the 12 o’clock side on with no problem but the 6 o’clock side just didn’t fit .Ended up having to file the back of the inside of the strap to get it to fit .Once fitted because it’s so tightly fitted it binds against the bezel making it harder to use .This is an know issue with them though so no surprise.It looks good , feels nice but wouldn’t buy another one.

the problem i had with zealande was length - just a bit to short for me.. omega rubber is about 10mm longer..

You must have a huge wrist, mine is 7” and I’ve 3 holes left.

• Advertisement

maybe they are making bigger ones? i was on the last hole.. and im only 7.25 inches wrist

Must be , if I wear it snug there’s 4 holes left so I’d say it would fit a little over an 8” wrist

Still same length so . You’ve 7.25 “ wrist and had two holes left , I’ve 7” wrist and have 3 holes left .I wouldn’t want anymore strap left over then there is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Stuck in traffic earlier.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 crubbeens

Just arrived, a RZE Valour 38. Titanium case, DLC coated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Bless me Father for I have....

Bought here in the parish from Gavin1. Delighted as I had a Sinn years ago and always wanted to pick another one up. Need to get a 1.2mm flathead screwdriver for resizing the bracelet. Any suggestions where to get one locally or online?

There should be one in the box? That was once mine I believe... Well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Must of got lost along the way, no worries. Yep yours previously, looks brand new in fairness, was well minded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If you are hard on watches Damasko is worth a look. AFAIK they started off making the cases for Sinn now they produce their own watches in Germany. I am farming and the watch has stood up well to the hardship. Go for one with a bezel.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement