Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Are you sure ? If it’s anything like your moonwatch ownerships , you’ll service it and sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Don't know where the fricking dust came from.

Also, was watching cult classic Event Horizon last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

Part of what brought me back to this watch. I'd been cleaning out a drawer and found a martu leather strap I'd ordered for my last one but never wore. The watch came with stowa deployant so threw them both on this morning. Very comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

That stowa marine is a very elegant watch. When you added the picture of the movement, my eye was drawn in by the shepherds hook type spring. Off I went down the rabbit hole of swan neck regulators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

German watch making at every price point is the best bang for buck (as long as you like the German style ques).

Look at the below at each price point. I my eyes they all represent value for what you get verses what you get for the same money else where. German efficiency I guess.

Steinhart

Stowa

Nomos

Dornbluth

Lange

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Coincidentally I am wearing my Stowa as well today! It must be that sort of a day (although I put mine on because it's too hot for a bracelet today).

And speaking of German watches, I am currently refreshing the tracking every minute on the delivery of a new German watch that is on the way....

Love the Fleiger.. on the lookout for one since i sold mine that i got for half price in the used/checked sale and passed it on here at the same price

Too hot for bracelet says he wearing what looks like a woolly jumper 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just noticed something with the new style omega bracelet on the older case. The endlinks don't match the lug curve and height. Doesn't bother me too much tbh as the adjustable clasp makes a big difference to comfort over the course of the day and tbf? Who is gonna look that closely at it apart from nerds like us 😉😂

• Advertisement

I've sussed the issue with the endlinks, they do actually fit the curve of the lug. It's just that was using far too skinny a springbar 🤦‍♂️

Good gshock charging weather

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Peak gshock there, the day date display is correct😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Your arm is like a Join The Dots game for the sun. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Took the X-33 out this morning

Prefer the simpler screen off look at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭traco

Broke the open Seiko Arctura Kinetic today. Had the power cell replaced by Seiko service center last year but disappointed they never cleaned the strap or buttons on it. Lot of years bo build up sweat and grime.

That aside it's a bit of a marmite watch but I love it. Bought it in Hong Kong in 2003.

Local watchsmith did me a favour and got the stem sized for me. There is an issue with the datewheel being tight to the dial as the black date is an overlay. This is a watch that was built from a spare movement and some cheapo AliExpress parts.

With that in mind? I am very happy with it 😁 I think it hangs together reasonably well with the marriage of the parts bin hands 🤣

New watch arrived today. I took it off the bracelet straight away and onto this grey NATO.

I have owned a few Steinharts over the years, but I think that this one is my favourite one yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Well wear Pablo. Do the newer ones still sit very high off your wrist with a NATO strap?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

That’s the nicest looking steinhart I have seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭covey123

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Out for dinner last night.

Nice to get a run out!

Stunning

(not sure about the shirt).

A Breguet is next on my list and has been for a while. If the Ming sells I might just buy one.

That really is a beautiful watch, there was a fantasy collection thread a few years back and I have a XXI posted on that as a love to have.

Well wear and I hope the meal lived up to the Haute Horologie and Couture that you dared for it 😉

I wouldn't say very high. Maybe a little higher than on the bracelet, but it feels comfortable and doesn't look awkward (to my eyes at least).

I actually got a compliment on this watch in a pub in the city centre today when I stopped in for a pint after some shopping, which is a rare thing to happen me.

One thing I don't get about Steinhart is that they release this watch which is very much its own thing, and then a week later release a pretty much exact copy of the Rolex Batman. They seem to be determined on remaining a homage brand despite having some great designs of their own. It is a real shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Long day. In the sea with the dogs first thing this morning. Rare evening in town meeting an old friend. Guinness is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭covey123

Looks grand from all angles.What model is it?

Is the nato one you already had?

Advertisement