Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Only took it out of box this evening, standard strap is muck so ordered this nato. It’s cheap and completely different on the wrist to a Tudor Bb, but I do quite like it, and would make me consider a speedmaster in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ian OB

That looks nice, which planet is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ian OB

Just had a power outage. Here's a lume shot of the Jaragar 😁😁⌚😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Looks better in that picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

This Seiko king turtle is standing up to farm life really well. Sapphire crystal makes a big difference compared to hardlex.

Even got it the right way up this time!

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

Brought the G-Shock for a week in Scotland driving around.. just coming back to Belfast.. very convenient grab and go watch

This was waiting for me at home. Been on a bit of a stowa binge

The strap is really comfy but it's a loop construction which is tight to get my hand through. Might pick up a new strap. It's another unitas manual wind.. same as my marine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I changed the battery on my twin quartz 9943s today, one of them started the 2 second EOL jump, so I figured I'ld do all of them. A couple of SR927SWs later and we are ready to fit. It was really easy, the battery cover unlocks with a quarter turn and the rear of my tweezers is a perfect fit. I've four of these watches and they all look super clean from the battery compartment.

The compartment cover looks well engineered, captive seal on the case back.

I was tempted to try regulation, but I don't have a screwdriver with a thin enough blade, I'll try cousins and give it a go, the meter I have is up to the task.

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

Any suggestions on where to pick up a dark navy riveted pilot strap in 22mm? I've put the brown stowa from my marine on the fleiger at the moment as the loop strap was just to tight getting on and off.

Cheers,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Hard to beat Stowa themselves for value though you are limited to brown or black.

Can get navy here, pricey though I'd imagine quality is excellent. Hadn't heard of them but they apparently make Stowas' straps.

Need to pick another strap myself for my Flieger. I love leather for comfort but I hate destroying them with sweat so haven't worn it as much over the summer. Wearing this today Samurai Sunday! Opened a bottle of something special to mark end on of summer, back to the grind of school for the kids tomorrow and all the extra work that entails.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

blumo day....

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ullickmagee

Hi All , Longtime lurker here, I bought this at auction about 5 years ago ,It was missing its Bezel and had the wrong pushers and the glass was pretty poor , I sent it back to Breitling to be serviced and it came back looking like the photos here. Its a 1967 Sprint model and I am delighted with the way it turned out , it is a thing of real beauty.

this is the condition when I purchased it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@ullickmagee That's absolutely gorgeous, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

@ullickmagee that's a smashing watch, well wear!

One of the bright sides of being semi-retired and the Mrs being off work too(despite the reason for that) is being able to wander off for a mid-week lunch and a stroll along the strand and bridges.

I honestly think you'd be hard pressed to find a pub with a better view on a fine day 😉

Obligatory watch shot, my Omega 2535.80.00

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭scwazrh

They're great but no wings for me today. It was the fishbox and a sneaky grab of herself's chicken and waffles 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Thanks god for the words "chicken and waffles" at the end, had to read that twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Had a Finbarr Saunders moment myself there too.

Considering the main bent of my sense of humour is pubescently puerile....

I cannot believe I made that so close to a brilliant double entendre and feckin missed it completely 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Another day at the bench! 🙂

Currently working on the Lady K model, fitting the hands

Followed after work by a stroll down by the river to end the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

steinhart time... a nice Nav B-Uhr 44 Handaufzug 

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I am trying this one with a few different straps and have it on a zuludiver rubber strap at the moment. I have been wearing the hell out of it since I got it. Apart from wearing my Sinn 104 for one day I have worn it nonstop for over 2 weeks, which is unusual for me! I'd normally have a new watch on every 2 days or so.

I'm off to Electric Picnic tomorrow so it will be be replaced by a gshock for the weekend, but there is a good chance I will have it back.on as soon as I get home on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Brought the Sub on a road trip this summer (12,861kms across County Europe and back).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Chrome plated brass bodied Nappey diver manual wind. Probably the most watch shaped object I own, but wind it and it runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Fulladapipes you can't leave us with that drip of info... some of us here love a good road trip story. Come on now spill 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭covey123

New Seiko on Howling Ridge today curtousy of Kerry Climbing.... the climb, not the watch.....

• Advertisement

New laco strap for my Stowa this morning. Really like the strap and it fits well...it has a laco stamp on one side which is a bit annoying but otherwise happy..can get my hand through this one at least!

Advertisement