Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

What fear? Wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance. It's very simple.
    Because it is a complete overreaction, just like by this government.

She isn't going to catch covid walking by me on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I was walking down the street today and some elderly woman with a mask almost jumped into a bush when i walked past, almost on the road.

The fear of god being peddled by the media will have us ruined for years.

Yeah, what a cowardly old woman. Hope you told her not to be afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,575 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If nothing else, Dublin is dropping down the table if counties w.r.t. 14-day incidence rate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Stheno wrote: »
    The tone of Tony's tweets is off putting - "everyone stay home"

https://twitter.com/CMOIreland/status/1320377573059284995?s=19

Really high handed imo

Hes just been repeating what hes saying in the briefings how you can say its high handed its beyond me

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Might not get swab numbers till Tuesday with the bank holiday?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Dublin is a disaster zone with those numbers. How long have they been in at least level 3 now with no noticeable decline.
    Went from being the worst county in the country in terms of incidence rate per 100k over 14 days to being around 18th or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

is_that_so wrote: »
    Poster was on the street, no masks required there.

Well if that's the case, poster better watch his steps and don't get distracted by his phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,827 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Some people really really really believe that the 1000 cases yesterday vanished, and the only cases are todays 1000.
    But we've had a 1000 cases plus now for days

1000 x 15 days is 15,000, not 1000

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

All the people taking umbridge with "Tony Holohan's" tweet, do you really think he's there on a Sunday sending out tweets after having spent the last month convincing the government to shut down everything. He's 100% definitely at home spending time with his wife and daughters.

s1ippy wrote: »
    All the people taking umbridge with "Tony Holohan's" tweet, do you really think he's there on a Sunday sending out tweets after having spent the last month convincing the government to shut down everything. He's 100% definitely at home spending time with his wife and daughters.

It's fair to say a lot of people now see two enemies : gubberment plus Mr. Tony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Well if that's the case, poster better watch his steps and don't get distracted by his phone.
    Some people are very twitchy on the road, you just smile at them from a "safe" distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Just sounds like somebody trying to be perfectly clear, to me.

A case of reading something in a tone it wasn't written in??

Reads like a Donald Trump tweet to me with the unnecessary use of caps.

He must have been short characters so dropped the pls and tks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

If nothing else, Dublin is dropping down the table if counties w.r.t. 14-day incidence rate

Yep it’s way down the list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

manniot2 wrote: »
    Yep it’s way down the list now.

Yep, but it's still on a list. I remember the days when we didn't have to make a list of where a dangerous virus was spreading through the population of the country, or the world for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Dublin is a disaster zone with those numbers. How long have they been in at least level 3 now with no noticeable decline.

Dublin bottom half of the county cases per 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Good to see that teachers are starting to get a little bit more vocal with their concerns, and that the media are starting to report on it.

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Yep, but it's still on a list. I remember the days when we didn't have to make a list of where a dangerous virus was spreading through the population of the country, or the world for that matter.

Yep, and don't forget there was "only" just over a thousand cases today. It's all good ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

amazing how quickly people here got used to 1000 cases a day. it is not a good number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I was walking down the street today and some elderly woman with a mask almost jumped into a bush when i walked past, almost on the road.

Maybe you are intimidating and she saw you late.

Where is Sam McConkey's 5000 daily cases for Dublin by Halloween? That's right, nowhere. The fact that the media are keeping him on as a talking head speaks volumes. Level 3 is good enough, let us hundreds of thousands get back to work and achieve some semblance of a Christmas. We're stuck with this virus until a vaccine is market ready, like it or lump it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Just heard on the BBC news that Spain has declared a state of emergency, and that they anticipate it will go on until at least May.

I know it's a different country and it isn't exactly news that this is going to continue well into next year, but hearing things like that can be hard to take :( It really just feels like it'll never end. What if there isn't a vaccine for years and years, will we just be stuck in this cycle indefinitely? :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Just sounds like somebody trying to be perfectly clear, to me.

A case of reading something in a tone it wasn't written in??

Its the tone, the capitals etc. I find it somewhat aggressive and he's tweeted it twice this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

I notice it myself passing older people on the street. You can see the fear on their faces as you pass. I try and give as much distance as possible.

As this disease will become endemic I worry for how we interact in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

froog wrote: »
    amazing how quickly people here got used to 1000 cases a day. it is not a good number.
    I know! Is there someone we can complain to about such bad numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭circadian

But we're basing this whole thing of one persons post on the Internet.

Pods of 15 are allowed for kids, you can fit alot of adults in an open area while social distancing to watch their kids. Some people just won't be please until the GAA is disbanded.

A bit of a leap from me expecting the GAA as an organisation to make the effort to follow the guidelines like everyone else and wanting the GAA disbanded. Complete hyperbole. If you didn't spot it I also called out our local soccer team for similar. I'd have the same expectations from the FAI and other football bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

voldejoie wrote: »
    Just heard on the BBC news that Spain has declared a state of emergency, and that they anticipate it will go on until at least May.

I know it's a different country and it isn't exactly news that this is going to continue well into next year, but hearing things like that can be hard to take :( It really just feels like it'll never end. What if there isn't a vaccine for years and years, will we just be stuck in this cycle indefinitely? :(

They may have a state of emergency but they still have much less restrictions than here and the situation is much worse there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Some decent progress seen this week. The positivity in testing dropping from 7,3 to 6.2

301 less cases the last 7 days compared to the previous week from a few thousand more tests carried out. 3 less reported deaths this week compared to last week and the hospital and ICU numbers has not increased to the level that was expected this time last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭circadian

Where is Sam McConkey's 5000 daily cases for Dublin by Halloween? That's right, nowhere. The fact that the media are keeping him on as a talking head speaks volumes. Level 3 is good enough, let us hundreds of thousands get back to work and achieve some semblance of a Christmas. We're stuck with this virus until a vaccine is market ready, like it or lump it.

In fairness to Sam he was on the ball back in January/February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

They may have a state of emergency but they still have much less restrictions than here and the situation is much worse there.

Is there a lesson to be learn't here? They have much less restrictions and the situation is much worse there. Have you answered your own question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

So they have less restrictions, and the situation is worse ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement