Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

I have the same question. I am guessing not, seeing as it is in your home. Imd due to get wooden floors installed, and going to call them today to see if they can still do it. But not hopeful

Not an expert but I think so, would probably be covered under point c.

Construction and development
    5. The following services relating to construction and development:

(a) construction or development work and the provision of support services relating to construction and development work;

(b) the repair, maintenance and construction of road, rail and utility infrastructure;

(c) the supply and delivery of maintenance and repair services to businesses and places of residence (including electrical, gas, plumbing, glazing and roofing services).

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c9158-essential-services/#construction-and-development

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

GT89 wrote: »
    At this stage I nearly wouldn't mind getting catching covid 19 just to see what all the fuss is about
    Off with ya then, go and join dee wall and those looney bins at a protest I am sure you will get it quick enough.
    Just don't clog up the hospital system, enjoy!

Maybe take up heroin to see what all the fuss is about with it as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

MattS1 wrote: »
    Can coffee shops stay open for takeaway?

Not an expert but I think so, would probably be covered under point e.

8. The following services relating to accommodation and food services provision:

(a) hotel or similar accommodation services to persons who are guests of those hotels or similar accommodation on the 21st day of October 2020 until the date of their departure;

(b) hotel or similar accommodation services to guests travelling for purposes other than social, recreational, cultural or tourist purposes;

(c) the operation of hotels or similar accommodation services providing essential accommodation (including accommodation for homeless persons and persons in direct provision, persons who are unable to reside in their usual place of residence due to reasons related to the spread of Covid-19 or otherwise) and related services;

(d) food and beverage service activities for supply to a business engaged in an essential service;

(e) the provision of food or beverage takeaway or delivery services.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c9158-essential-services/#accommodation-and-food-services

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have the same question. I am guessing not, seeing as it is in your home. Imd due to get wooden floors installed, and going to call them today to see if they can still do it. But not hopeful
    We're due to get our windows and doors replaced tomorrow and Thursday, and I've called them twice to confirm they're still ok to go ahead and they have said yes as it falls under construction. They're a large well known company, not some fly by night operation, so they'd have a lot to lose if they're wrong.

529923.JPG

529924.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,753 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

niallo27 wrote: »
    Do you not think his own personal interests could affect his deisicions, also do you not think the hse members are also trying to cover their failings, otherwise give me a reason why we have the harshest lockdown in the world and every other country knows less than us.

We get it. You love Penny's.

It will open again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

They should have allowed walk-ins. Going through a GP for an appointment puts some people off, I'd imagine.

The referral by GP is a nice little source of revenue for the GPs. They don’t have to actually see anyone. My brother had a few sniffles last weekend and rang his GP. He described his symptoms and the the GP just transferred the call to his secretary to get his details. He was talking to the GP for less than a minute. He is still waiting for his test.
    The GPs are going to be raking it in as the numbers increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

s1ippy wrote: »
    Bernie from women's aid meath there saying while they're cutting back their services to children, she thinks that all the same schools should remain open.

and?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

The French have gone to Level 4

The Eiffel Tower has been sealed off to visitors

The Louvre is closing at 1PM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The government lost the people a long time ago.

It wasn’t the golf gate saga.
    It wasn’t the contradictions in the guidelines.

For me it was when they left Gemma o Doherty and all of her gemmaroids off Scott free with their nonsense at the courthouse.

If they were not willing to take action against those freeloading fools then don’t take action against everyday normal taxpayers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Australia 3 cases in community 27 cases caught in travel quarantine.

529926.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Switch on RTE Radio - Everything is fine, this isn't as bad as l what you think, the economy will sustain it. Followed by government advertisements in soft voices tell us we are all in it together.

Switch on Newstalk - This is all your own fault. We need these restrictions. The "we will be grand attitude" has to change. Followed by Government ads with soft voices telling us we are all in this together.

This is stuff out of the old Soviet Union or North Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Boggles wrote: »
    We get it. You love Penny's.

It will open again though.

Few hundred thousand out of work and its all a big joke for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Dr Ciara Kelly on Twitter saying this move to Level 5 just to save Christmas is wrong

Switch on RTE Radio - Everything is fine, this isn't as bad as l what you think, the economy will sustain it. Followed by government advertisements in soft voices tell us we are all in it together.

Switch on Newstalk - This is all your own fault. We need these restrictions. The "we will be grand attitude" has to change. Followed by Government ads with soft voices telling us we are all in this together.

I am not sure the people in north korea would agree with you...hyperbolic nonsense.

Easy solution, switch off both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

100%, he is only human in fairness. We would probably all do the same but to answer your question no he is not medically fit to practice.

Absolute nonsense.

Really?

I'm pretty sure their track and trace involves a bullet and been set on fire.

Covid free!

Is there too many lockdowns?

Can we sustain another lockdown?

You'll never learn anything listening to news

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭Christy42

Agree or disagree with it but pointless hyperbole makes the argument look stupid. This is not North Korea or USSR stuff. Not by a long way.

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »
    Dr Ciara Kelly on Twitter saying this move to Level 5 just to save Christmas is wrong
    Oh has she got her alternative strategy outlined now?
    She was asked for it earlier on her radio show...but said she didn't have time to go over it then...handy that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

BREAKING: This just in moments ago, niallo27 on the internet has declared Tony Holohan not medically fit to practice.

Few hundred thousand out of work and its all a big joke for you.

Please save me the faux concern.

No one is buying it.

Trying to peddle the Narrative that the sole motivation of CMO is to save his terminally ill wife is at best remedial, but in reality just a bat shít conspiracy theory.

Big joke indeed.

How is this not a recipe for disaster?

A 6 week lockdown leading up to Christmas

Zebra3 wrote: »

tyical Indo reducing a very serious situation for businesses to something for adult toddlers wailing about "saving Christmas"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Absolute nonsense.

Probably legally actionable nonsense too. The bould niallo is lucky the CMO has so much else on his plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Wow. I guess there was a run on tin foil hats this morning in the shops.

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.”
    ― Joseph Goebbels

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

lawred2 wrote: »
    tyical Indo reducing a very serious situation for businesses to something for adult toddlers wailing about "saving Christmas"

Or just maybe they are calling out the claims from politicians from just a couple of days ago.

Like with their five levels that they deviated from almost immediately.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Or just maybe they are calling out the claims from politicians from just a couple of days ago.

Like with their five levels that they deviated from almost immediately.

the five levels was trademark FF glossy PR - they are the kingpins of meaningless publications that end up nowhere

but as for 'saving christmas' - the reason it was used was because there's an audience for such puerile tripe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement