Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Bernie from women's aid meath there saying while they're cutting back their services to children, she thinks that all the same schools should remain open.

mojesius wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered. I can't find concrete information on the government website. Does anyone know if tradespeople can still work in homes?

We recently bought a house and are due to have gates installed, electrics redone and painters in. Does this work fall under construction? Thanks

I have the same question. I am guessing not, seeing as it is in your home. Imd due to get wooden floors installed, and going to call them today to see if they can still do it. But not hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Holy F. And 'coughing' at people too on way out. Ignorant cow.

Definite mental health issues there. Hope she got help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

We're paying on the double now for the illegal drug trade

We're fuelling the demand for illegal drugs with lockdown and PUP money. Prices and usage are rising and more tax dollars are being spent on the drugs.

We are spending much more on the drug war with Garda resources etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Just to be clear. It wasn't the GAA, it was individual members of clubs who choose to engage in after match parties, outside of activities associated with the matches themselves

So it was a bunch of individuals...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭political analyst

Considering that Tony Holohan's wife is in poor health, doesn't that mean that his judgement is clouded? After all, would a GP or surgeon who had a very close relative who was gravely ill be considered medically fit to practice?

After all, would a GP or surgeon who had a very close relative who was gravely ill be considered medically fit to practice?

Yes, in most cases

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Considering that Tony Holohan's wife is in poor health, doesn't that mean that his judgement is clouded? After all, would a GP or surgeon who had a very close relative who was gravely ill be considered medically fit to practice?

100%, he is only human in fairness. We would probably all do the same but to answer your question no he is not medically fit to practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

They should have allowed walk-ins. Going through a GP for an appointment puts some people off, I'd imagine.

Another problem is everyone and their mothers are declaring at the test centres that they are working in healthcare/ teachers to get priority results so they don’t have to wait longer which is incredibly selfish as it stops essential workers getting back to work as fast as possible which was the whole point of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭political analyst

JimToken wrote: »
    Yes, in most cases

But the distress caused by a close relative's severe illness is bound to cause that physician to act irrationally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Longing wrote: »
    An Easyjet passenger is thrown off the Belfast to Edinburgh flight after she refused to wear a face covering.

https://twitter.com/LFC_blano/status/1317948341544800258

holy crap, I just looked at some of the responses on twitter (supporting her) - won't be doing that again soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

xabi wrote: »
    I think its used tongue in cheek these days

I hope :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

niallo27 wrote: »
    100%, he is only human in fairness. We would probably all do the same but to answer your question no he is not medically fit to practice.

Really? A doctor who has a sick spouse cannot practice? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭prunudo

mojesius wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered. I can't find concrete information on the government website. Does anyone know if tradespeople can still work in homes?

We recently bought a house and are due to have gates installed, electrics redone and painters in. Does this work fall under construction? Thanks

Yes its allowed, obviously ensure that they follow guidelines, masks, sanitising hands etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What the actual fck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

prunudo wrote: »
    Yes its allowed, obviously ensure that they follow guidelines, masks, sanitising hands etc.

Great thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

But the distress caused by a close relative's severe illness is bound to cause that physician to act irrationally.

He seems calm and reasonable to me. Do you expect people who have tragedy in their lives to be running around like screaming morons? A lot of people have terrible suffering and manage fine. If you start eliminating the people with suffering from the work force there will be very few left. Fcuks sake.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Really? A doctor who has a sick spouse cannot practice? Link?

If your spouse was sick and you were in control of delivering advice on a virus, would you personally recommend the harshest of restrictions, do you not think your own personal interests could come into play.

If your spouse was sick and you were in control of delivering advice on a virus, would you personally recommend the harshest of restrictions, do you not think your own personal interests could come into play.

What's your IQ seriously

Turtwig wrote: »
    What the actual fck?

Do you not think his own personal interests could affect his deisicions, also do you not think the hse members are also trying to cover their failings, otherwise give me a reason why we have the harshest lockdown in the world and every other country knows less than us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Longing wrote: »
    An Easyjet passenger is thrown off the Belfast to Edinburgh flight after she refused to wear a face covering.

https://twitter.com/LFC_blano/status/1317948341544800258

Classy lady

JimToken wrote: »
    What's your IQ seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Do you not think his own personal interests could affect his deisicions, also do you not think the hse members are also trying to cover their failings, otherwise give me a reason why we have the harshest lockdown in the world and every other country knows less than us.

Well he was right so that's all that matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Can coffee shops stay open for takeaway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

At this stage I nearly wouldn't mind getting catching covid 19 just to see what all the fuss is about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

MattS1 wrote: »
    Can coffee shops stay open for takeaway?

They can indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

mloc123 wrote: »
    Their plan is... Hold on like this until a vaccine. In and out of rolling lockdowns and hope for the best.
    I imagine a lot depends on the effectiveness of the vaccines and rapid tests currently being trialed, and until they have this information it's difficult to predict the future. We should have this information before the end of the year.

If the vaccines and testing are very effective, then the government can plan for a relatively rapid recovery with perhaps a series of increasingly smaller lockdowns over the next year. If they are only barely effective, we'll need more of a "living with" strategy (or even zero Covid).

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Well he was right so that's all that matters

Interesting, he was right on case numbers but was he right on hospital and icu numbers. Our icu numbers decreased overnight. What numbers did they predict for both of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Interesting, he was right on case numbers but was he right on hospital and icu numbers. Our icu numbers decreased overnight. What numbers did they predict for both of these.

He was right we needed a lockdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭alentejo

I just feel that if you question any element of the Lockdown strategy, you are considered a pariah of sorts. Annoyed that the Anti-mask/lockdown brigade who have mass gatherings in Dublin City Centre seem to have taken the prime Anti Lockdown position.

We don't appear to have any strategy beyond December in fighting this pandemic in Ireland. very depressing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement