Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

When is Ireland getting the plaid model 3? Just curious not looking to buy it as I could never afford it. Just wondering is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rgfinn

Is there a plaid model 3? I didn’t think there is one anywhere in the world, not just Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Right, I'm a dumb ass I always assumed it was a model 3.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Model 3 only comes in 3 variations

Model 3 (Formally Model 3 SR+)

Model 3 Long Range

Model 3 Performance

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rgfinn

No probs 😊

I think the delivery times for the plaid S and plaid X are on the website.

a plaid 3 would be awesome but I can assure you the performance 3 is pretty damn quick!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

There is a midnight silver LR M3 showing in inventory this morning for accelerated delivery...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Tesla have updated the website now to show all models come with fully heated seats and the heated steering wheel. Nice to see it confirmed anyway, audio upgrade is still exclusive to LR and Performance.

Interestingly the WLTP has also been updated to show 510km with the aero wheels, 491km with the upgraded 19s

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Will be good to see if that new WLTP holds up. Although the VRT changes put the cost up, this Model 3 is quite a different beast to the original. Hard to see the point of paying only slightly less for a 192-211 secondhand M3 when this is available with an extra 50km or so of real-world range.

Absolutely, personally I'm delighted with this. I test drove the car a few months back and ordered one the next day knowing full well that on my once weekly commute to the office I'd need to charge the car on the way back. With this upgraded range I shouldn't have to, so its a win win on the new battery and added features. Luckily I was locked in with the old price too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Will the December deliveries get the 2022 spec RWD Model 3?, one of the sales advisors swore to me it would be the SR+ spec for December deliveries, as that what i ordered back in September

Unless you had a VIN allocated before November 2nd you're getting the new spec. Tesla sales agents were all over the place on this up until a few days ago but an internal memo was sent around with a VIN checker on it. If you ring them again they'll put this VIN through the database and tell you exactly what you're getting. There's a sound guy in Tesla Dublin called Kevin, try get him if you can.

I was chasing them last week in relation to a VIn number, none assigned yet but car was ordered mid September so hopefully i'm assigned a newer type RWD model 3

• Registered Users Posts: 23 orin_jj

Ah interesting to know I'm not the only one still awaiting a VIN!

Are they assigned as they leave the factory or could they already be on a ship and then be assigned mid transit or as they dock in central Europe?

Usually on the ship on the way to Europe, as that's when there's little else to do other than watch the ship trundle along at about 16 knots.... so they work to assign the shipload of cars before it arrives...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Yea, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one too! They say it'll be very soon though.

Home charger grant came through after only 2 days. Now to pester the electrician into getting it installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Just on the 'locked in with the old price' - did you order and then defer for 2022 to lock in the price?

I didn't, pure luck that I happend to order a couple weeks before the price increase. When noticed the new prices I rang Tesla and was told I only pay the price at which I ordered. I could have deferred it to next year though as Tesla offered me the choice to have march 22 delivery rather then December 21

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JD369

Unfortunately not. Tesla Ireland really don't like to share Info you'd assume would be obvious. I'm going to call them in the morning and try get something more concrete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

For those of you who have your M3. Did anyone trade in with Tesla? What was the actual process like on the delivery day? Just curious as weighing up convenience of trading in vs potentially making more elsewhere.

It's widely accepted that trading in with Tesla is not in your best interests...

They simply offer your car out to the trade (based on the details you provide), and the highest offer they receive back is the offer they will present to you.

If it's purely convenience for you then yeah, do it, you simply drop it off when you collect the Tesla, and hand over the keys..

Depending on what your current car is worth (and 2nd hand prices are in rude health these days), expect Tesla to offer between 20-40% lower than current market value.

I checked the valuation for the craic on my 2006 BMW 3 Series, and they offered me €700, whereas they were going for around €1,500-€2,000 at the time. If I wanted rid of the BMW, I'd probably have just given it to them as a trade, as the value difference wasn't huge... but if I had a car to trade that was worth ~€30,000, and Tesla only offered me €22,000 for it........ well then.

If the value loss by trading is worth less to you than the hassle of selling privately, then go for it. If not, sell privately.. (and get more money which will end up going towards charger & install).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭innrain

From what I know Tesla is offering pretty bad value for trade-ins as they rely on third parties for that.

I got mine in May of this year and there were restriction in place. So a guy drove it to me. In fairness I live 5 minutes drive from their shop and having it delivered on a platform would have been superfluous. We had a chat, the docs were inside, he handed me the keys and that was all. All the docs were prepared in advance. The SEAI grant and registration they've sent me by email a week before the delivery day. I have applied for the logbook, organized insurance later on, so the car was on the road the next minute I received it.

As comparison with the Kona which I bought it from the shop floor, and still waited a month for the SEAI grant to come through. And I kid you not when I went to get the car they've lost the keys and had to wait another week for the car to be recoded and a new set of keys cut. :)

So for me M3 purchase was as painless as any amazon purchase. The only time spent was at the bank branch to make a large EFT which you cannot using online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Just hand over the keys and documents when you collect your new car. All they checked on mine was the millage.

But as other have said , they give terrible value. I only did it because it was in the middle of the level 5 lockdown last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Thanks everyone - my reason for asking was that my car has some damage on it - which I have included in the pictures submitted to Tesla but wanted to see whether there was a risk of them coming back and changing the valuation of the trade in afterwards. Sounds like its just a check of the mileage once everything is declared.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In the current climate, no harm asking Tesla for a trade quote.

I posted the same info as the guys above about how Tesla deal with trade ins over the last year, but for curiosity I checked it about what weeks ago. They offered €51,600 for my 2016 MSP90DL which is more than I paid for it.

I could have got into a 2021 M3 with change!

Got a Vin assigned today & the Tesla rep confirmed that my September order SR+, will actually be a newer RWD model 3 with bigger battery, heated seats & steering wheel but with the original faster 0-100km/hr , to be delivered in december, so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

Would you not be better waiting a short time and just get it registered in January and have a car that is a year newer come sale time again. Seems pretty crazy taking it in December unless it was a pre reg car you had bought

Tesla won't do that, if you turn down the car in December, you go to the back of the queue and will end up with a March delivery...

Tesla are all about getting as many cars out by quarter end as they can. They're not going to store a car unregistered until the next quarter rolls around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 orin_jj

Nice! Still waiting on mine! Did yours come via txt, email or did you call them?

Advertisement