Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

and with the march delivery, the car has gone up in price since the september 21 price

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JD369

Unfortunately for any of us waiting, it's December vs February or March or beyond depending on what happens between now and then. The way I'm looking at it, come January it will just be a 6 month old plate rather than 12 month.

Sold my car last month, so cant really wait until march unfortunately, so i'll definitely take the car in December and at least its the newer 2022 version with the larger battery capacity & increased range

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

Mine arrived in June, I told them not to register it until September due to the VAT lowering and there was no problem with them doing that at all. My car was in the holding yard up in Sandyford and just VRT'd it when I wanted it then. So there was none of this waiting for the next shipment or any of that.

Now I did have to transfer over a large sum of money as the holding of car and when the VAT lowered and they VRT'd transferred the remaining

Got a text this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 orin_jj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Ordered a Model 3 end of October. It was showing Feb for delivery. Now I notice from their website it’s changed to March for new orders.

Do you think mine will be still delivered in Feb or do all Q1 deliveries get shifted to March?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭innrain

I think you're good for Feb towards the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Just received my delivery text, scheduled for December 13th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

brilliant! Mate of mine got his delivery text this morning too (ordered a few weeks after me). Still awaiting mine, fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement

Same here, delivery 17th Dec

Brilliant guys, how exciting! When did you guys order? I ordered first week in Oct, and still no VIN

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I ordered last week of September, Really quick turn around in fairness!

It seems VINs are being dished out currently for Ireland so there's definitely still hope for you, I'm on another tesla forum a couple Irish people recievd VINs the other day with delivery texts today, others are still waiting for a VIN. I'm sure it'll come throughout this week

Congrats! I ordered late Sept but not even a vin yet. I'll give them a call I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

As a PLC Tesla very Quarter centric and especially so last month of Qtr, this is when to expect vast majority of deliveries, come Jan Tesla will be in no rush to deliver unless a fluke match of existing inventory in stock/on a ship

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Just called them. Said VINs being assigned rest of this week into early next week. Chap I spoke to seemed surprised that my mate already has a delivery schedule and he ordered after me. His is LR and mine is SR, so that might be it?

Could be, maybe theres a larger number of orders for the entry level. I also ordered the SR. Was talking to Tesla today and they said I should get a vin and delivery date soon and I'm listed as one of the December deliveries.

He also mentioned that I should get the larger battery, heated seats etc but the car would also have the slower 0-100km... 🙄

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I think if you ordered before 2nd November you get the original 0-100km/hr, I think its the old performance model 3 rear motor, while the newer RWD ordered after 2nd November comes with the model Y rear motor and its slightly slower

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes correct.

if you ordered before nov 2, you get the lfp battery, increased range, heated wheel and rear seats and the 0-100 of 5.6 seconds.

I believe it’s something to do with the motor alright, but I don’t think it’s the performance motor.

my guess is that it’s software tweaked to allow people to buy an acceleration boost in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭sh81722

At least on some LFP cars the part number of the rear motor is the same as Performance rear motor. That was trick Tesla did to ensure the heavier LFP battery didn't blunt the acceleration compared to the original SR+ which had the rear motor from LR. Teslabjorn had a vid about it when he did the Chinese SR+ performance testing earlier this year.

Here is one of threads about varying motors of SR+: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/2021-model-3-standard-range-plus-990-or-980-motor.234565/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 howardm

I have a model 3 SR+ on the way ordered in September (still waiting on a VIN). I am looking at the home chargers, does anyone have the Tesla gen 3 wall connector? I am wondering is that the best option if I only intend on charging Teslas at home.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Gen 2 for ~€100 less will be more than sufficient.. you can set the timer both in the car and in the app. I don't know what else the gen 3 does above the gen 2 wall connecter that I miss, or need to have?? Wi-Fi?? What for? maybe for charging non Tesla's,,, but otherwise charging is controlled by the car, so why would anyone need to connect to their charger by Wi-Fi?

I'll most likely end up replacing my gen 2 with a Zappi anyway next year as having Solar PV, I anticipate a lot of spare watts I'd like to put into the car..

So if you have or plan to have Solar PV, probably worth just getting the Zappi.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dbloke

My wife ordered SR+ on Oct 5th. Was expecting VIN any day now. Just got a text to say that because of new longer range spec her order is pushed back to Februrary! She's a bit miffed...

Just got a message saying my delivery will be delayed until February, citing they want to ensure I get the upgraded longer battery range for the SR. Really annoyed now, as others are getting the longer range in December. Obviously they just over subscribed the delivery!

it’s such a pain in the ass. I’ve had to put this car off since March 2020 due to the pandemic, yet a mate of mine decided to get an LR in October, ordered a week or so after me and has a VIN already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Got the text of doom here too. 😓

Yeah I just got the same message and I'm not happy to say the least. I was told yesterday on the phone I was getting it mid December. I feel like cancelling the deal altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭sk8board

My limited understanding of LHD production is that a whole line changes to only producing LHD, and then switches back to RHD again - sounds like the next production was straddling both batteries and they’ve decided to wait so it’s all the new one

• Registered Users Posts: 22 howardm

Also received the text last night. No Tesla until Feb 😥

• Advertisement

I got the same txt. Hugely disappointing, was all set for December. I'm sure the Tesla Ireland team, who are incredibly helpful and friendly, have also been blindsided by this, I was talking to them at the start of the week and they assured me I was all set for a Dec delivery.

Hopefully it will be early February, and when the time does (eventually) come, we'll all be delighted with our 221 reg 😅

Advertisement