Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Seems like all the allocation went to the UK. You can go on the Tesla Motors Club forums and find lots of deliveries of SR+ with increased range and older faster 0-100 time happening right now. Including Orders placed on October 22nd that have confirmed pickup dates in early December.

We’ll probably have to put up with the slower 0-100 if they ever decide to send a few cars this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I'm sure we can argue to get the faster acceleration. It's what we ordered to be fair!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It’ll be worth the wait lads.

mad to think that soon we'll be in 2022, which is the 4th calendar year the Model 3 has been available in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭sk8board

dont worry, they’ll sell you back that half second of acceleration at a later date :)

the vast overwhelming majority of Irish ev drivers have neither owned nor drove a <=6.0s car in the past.

The base m3 is basically a hot hatch (and in my experience with my Gti it’s about the same range too).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 orin_jj

Just had a quick peak over at Tesla Motors Club forums and its not in the least bit annoying to read posts with "Ordered Oct 26th, just received delivery txt" 😂😂

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t be surprised!

Depends if it’s a software tweak or a physically different motor.

I don’t think it will make much difference in day to day driving, just a bit peeved at the jammy buggers in the UK getting the best of both worlds.

It’s still slightly faster than my i3s, although the gap is closing less than second now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

RSymons on YouTube with another great video. Comparing the older model 3 with a newer one with the heat pump. New model is much more efficient on the road but the older one charges way quicker.

If you don't follow Richard Symons on YouTube I'd advise you to give him a look.

I'd happily sacrifice the faster charging speed for;

powered trunk, heat pump, wireless phone charger, double glazing, more range, refresh interior, (included) heated rear seats, heated steering wheel and any other bits I've forgotten!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Worth a note that the RSymons video is 2020 LR Vs 2021 LR

Well the delivery team have told me it will be the slower version.

But who really knows, you could told something different tomorrow.

It makes me wonder what after sales care will be like. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭sh81722

Aftercare has been faultless for me, although only had one and only service appointment so far. Our car already covered over 20k since the delivery in June and apart from some mild rattles it has been faultless and just so nice to drive.

And as of the accleration spec of the car: I would make a fuss about the faster acceleration as that was what was promised at the time of ordering. It will be quite possible for the Giga to install the performance motors (if that is the reason for the new slower spec) in a batch of cars destined to Ireland and then allocate one for you. I would recommend everybody in the same position to keep the topic active as your delivery dates got pushed back and the February batch of cars are not built yet. If worse comes to worst it's just a question of insisting Tesla to swap the motor here in Ireland.

If you don't ask you won't get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

What’s going on with the secondhand values of Tesla Model 3’s, a ‘19 white SR + for nearly 50 grand. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭sk8board

“slower version” makes it sound like a lesser car, when it’s actually a big improvement. If you only care about telling the lads in the clubhouse that your car is faster than theirs, then yes you’ll need to change to the LR, or cancel the order, but otherwise it’s a lot of added range and spec.

the general reaction to 0.5s diff on a 0-60 time is bonkers, unless you’ve been driving Golf R’s up to now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Been like that for a few months now.

popping up at mid 50’s, that’s actually the cheapest SR+ that’s popped up in a while.

it’s next door to me if you need me to check it out.

id rather buy new and wait for the March delivery for the same price!

I’d almost consider selling mine, breaking even and buying a brand new one with all the newer trinkets…..

Waiting for a new one myself, ordered in October. Hold for a year and depreciation proof if this continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Genuinely thought of ringing Tesla to see what it would take to swap mine for a new one next year.

Better off selling to the trade directly, that’s why they’re not popping up on Tesla inventory.

Yeah I put mine into their trade tool for **** and giggles last year and they offered €37k for my 2020 White SR+.

private would be the only way to do it…

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Try it now again.

I got offered more that RRP for my MSP90DL recently from Tesla.

another SR+ on DoneDeal in Yomac for €47,950 now.

• Advertisement

Your Q1 cars are all most likely on this ship…..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JD369

Unlikely to be that actual one if it arrives in Southampton in December. Our next delivery is February.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Yeah definitely not, all those cars are for Q4 delivery. Q1 will be Feb at best

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Test drove in Mahon a couple of weeks ago, just to be sure, and finally placed my order today. What's the general timeline for contact from Tesla? Obviously delivery will hopefully be March '22 but when should I be hearing about financing, etc.?

Wont hear anything til probably end of February...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭wassie

Reports of Tesla having to retrofit missing Type C USB ports & wireless chargers out of the US.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-usb-c-wireless-charger-retrofit/

Hopefully this doesn't affect the MIC M3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

I don't mean mean Mr. Negative here but where to start is set your expectations low it's harder to be disappointed then.

Advice from my side (ordered in August) link in with the rep initially with questions. My finance stuff wasn't moving so pinged the rep and day after delivery team reached our about the finance stuff. Went another while with no word on finance approval so ping them to see what the story was and again the next day got notification Finance is approved, since then has been much progress and standard generic communications any time I contact except for the your delivery is pushed to Feb (really March) text.

Currently contacting them about changing the finance as that will be 4 months away so things will be a bit different then so let see how that goes.

One other thing maybe don't go on TMC forum as you'll just get annoyed when you see the short delivery turn around for some people in the U.K. (one was 4 weeks). Nothing like that will ever happen in Ireland.

I believe someone in here got a 1-2 week turnaround from order to collection at one stage about a year ago….. or maybe it was even less than a week.. 6 days or something!!

I got a 7 week, 6 day turn around when I ordered back in January 2020.

ordered on January 18th, collected on March 13th! (Was supposed to be March 6th but they pushed it by a week).

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Things are a bit different now, been trying to get an EV since May, canceled an order from with another delayed car from another supplier as I thought Tesla would be quicker 🤣.

No matter who you go with now there'll be big delays. But saying that I think Tesla made a balls up of Q4 in Ireland thinking everyone would want a 22 plate. So would want to be getting a larger allocation for Q4 and Q1 2022. Also concerned their starting to drop stuff due to chips. They'd been immune to chip crisis so far really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭innrain

Been looking through may emails. Ordered April 3rd. All paperwork done by 14th. Confirmation of delivery day received on April 27th for May 28th. Delivered May 28th.

I think demand went through the roof with opening order book for Y in the UK. How many ships are in the water now from China to Europe? Also the plates thing. Lots of people complained here that Tesla is not postponing the registration. Out of curiosity is there any country beside UK including the year of registration in the reg format? I know Spain removed even the province in the new reg system so you can't guess where the car was first registered. With Tesla 212 is irrelevant as you'd need to know the production date to determine if it is the unicorn fast and longer range or just fast or just longer range.

Advertisement