Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

They all come with heated seats though don’t they, it’s just whether they are unlocked or not…..

I can unlock my heated rear seats for €300

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

It has but it will now be coming as standard with no additional cost. Same as the heated wheel

Very much so and has absolutely depended on who you're speaking with in Tesla. Apparently an internal memo was issued to clear up the confusion internally, or so I was told. The CS rep I was speaking with today initially told me I would be getting the exact car I ordered with no changes which was contrary to everything I was told the other day about having more range and the 5.6 acceleration. When I dug a little deeper with her she went off to check internally and gave me a call to clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭sk8board

does the SR have adaptive cruise as standard or is that what Enhanced Autopilot is?

I spec’ed an SR (the refreshed one) with 3 things: a paint colour, 19’s and the autopilot, and it’s coming in at €62k??

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

Why have you enhanced autopilot ordered?? You can just add it after and avoid the extra VRT costs on it

Ordering EAP prior to collection will push you over the €50k limit and you’ll lose the €5,000 SEAI grant. So DO NOT buy EAP or FSD until after you collect the car.

EAP is ****, but if you really want it wait til you collect the car and then buy it (they just send a ping to the car to activate it, all the tech is in the car already as standard).

All Model 3’s come with AutoPilot as standard. Autopilot is Adaptive Cruise control & auto-steer, both fairly good features already.

adding EAP means it will change lanes for you on the motorway, and will auto park (which is hit and miss), and you get summon which is a gimmick.

• Advertisement

(edit: just googled it and the car has ‘autopilot’ as standard)

avoiding the VRT doesn’t really make much diff in the overall scheme of things. That same basic spec on an LR is €71.5k (before the vrt savings), and let’s face it, the LR is the sweetspot

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Switch on or unlock, whatever you want to call it…..

the hardware is there (just like the premium speakers* in my car), but just not currently activated….

when our son moves out of the booster seat I’ll pay to get them unlocked…..

*though my car has the premium additional speakers, I can’t use them unless I buy and install a wiring loom to connect them up… I’d probably need an amp too…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭innrain

The VRT maybe not makes big difference but the grant does. Without EAP your config is 54k which means 59k pre grant. Once you add anything else the price goes over 60k and loses the grant. So adding EAP at ordering phase costs you 8.8k

Wow, didn’t realise that - just reconfigured it to €52k.

so with this increase on the SR+, it’s €15k more to the LR in the same spec for 90km more range.

one last Q sorry - does all the torque melt the rear tyres much quicker on the SR+?

• Advertisement

I got to 30,000km before replacing the rear tyres on my SR+

Fronts are still going good at 43,000km.. the plan is to change all 4 at 60,000km, so for every set you use on the front, you'll need to sets on the rear.

I went for the same spec Michelin Pilot Sport 4, but didn't pay the extra €100 per tyre for the Tesla specific ones with the foam insert. difference in sound is minimal, and for anyone with a 2021 and onwards refresh model with double glazed front windows, I'd say the difference would be even less...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Waiting on a Feb delivery, news coming from Tesla just gets better!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭wassie

I hit 30k a few weeks back and have been tossing up whether to go the PS4s again or the All Seasons to deal with winter. The PS4s definitely make the car run on rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭sh81722

I don't know about you but I would not get the upgraded wheels in Ireland as the ride is firm enough on the 18" already and for my untrained senses the 45 profile tyres fitted provide plenty of grip and cornering. And if you don't like the look of the moonbuggy wheelcovers you can transform the look with the 45 yoyo centre cap kit from Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Hey, Q re learning to drive in a Tesla.

I’m in a 2019 M3LR that does most of the family miles but also still running an older/bigger SUV for foreseeable future as great for family+dog trips, lugging stuff around and is just a second car for the times each week when we need to go different directions.

My eldest is eager to start driving as soon as she can next year and is eyeing up the Tesla 😬😬.

Does anyone have experience with their kid learning to drive in M3. Assume it would load my insurance? Any other considerations?

(in due course, a Model Y and say a 2nd hand Zoe/Leaf would probably satisfy my needs but not feasible €€€ wise at this point)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭sh81722

This first thought is that you can actually restrict the learner to drive with the the valet mode or at least chill both of which reduce the top speed and/or accelation to a more manageable level. But by learing in Tesla will restrict the driver to automatic only which may or may not be a worry. Manual cars like vans etc. will still be around for quite some time...

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Sam W

I do not recommend using Tesla for learning to drive, especially if your daughter has never driven anything else previously. The regen brakes confuse people a lot, especially for new drivers.

Examiners aren't too ready for that either. They focus quite a lot on people's brake pedals and handbrakes as well. On top of that, like it or not, there are a lot of questions in both the theory and driving test that will be related to ICE's only.

I wouldn't worry about driving in an automatic car. In most Asian/North American countries you can hardly see any manual cars anyway. I know you still see them in Europe, but as long as you are fine with spending a tiny bit extra money and choosing an automatic rental car when you go on holiday, there's really no point having to learn the clutch for average people.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭teslad

Anyone else ordered the Acceleration Boost? It came up in the App the other day and I just couldn't resist.

YES I KNOW it's completely unnecessary and 4.5-odd seconds 0-60 is plenty, more than enough. But you get 48 hrs for refund...and let me tell you...you can really feel the difference. It feels now like the loaner Perf M3 I had a few months ago. Jury seems to be out as to whether you get 0-60 to 3.9 or 3.7 but it's somewhere there.

Definitely one of the things in life that is entirely uncalled for and entirely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have a device to check times. Loan me the car and I'll check it out for you. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Was in Dublin for the rugby so Test drove the M3 LR today to see what all the fuss is about :P

part of me really wanted to hate it as I don’t really love the look of them but behind the wheel is a nice place to be

I left wanting to buy one so going to have to seriously thing about it. The size of the opening of boot is the probably the only thing holding me back at the moment. (That and I recently spent 2k on maintenance on my own car)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Get a Model Y, huge booth opening. Jacked up Model 3.

They had a LHD Dutch model Y there. Amazing about of space in it for a car of that segment. But the styling of it is not for me. Personally have an aversion to crossover size cars

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Is there any way to test drive one of these closer to Galway rather than Cork or Dublin?

Would be good to see what all the fuss is about before we hand over the cash for a different car.

Would also be nice to test space getting in and out of car and general comfort.

I'm intrigued.

only Cork and Dublin.

I was lucky when I turned up in Dublin turns out they booked me into cork after specifically asking for Dub.

luckily whoever was booked for Dublin never turned up. Maybe they were in Cork lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I would'nt class the SR+ as a torque monster to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Yes I was able to test drive one at the Galway plaza, I guess they like the HPC there.

I looked at booking a test drive online in sandyford and to get to the available times you need to give your details.

So they rang to follow up when I didn’t select a time as I was still thinking when would be convenient to go. When I mentioned I was in Galway he said he was going to be down in a few days doing a test drive with someone else and could fit me in as well.

So worth contacting them as they do seem willing to bring the cars down the country a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Thanks - so you think I should book a test drive somewhere else but not select a time? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Well it worked out for me.

I guess that’s part of the idea with the form design they have, even if you don’t confirm a time they now have the contact details of a potential customer.

You could also try emailing sales_dublin@tesla.com or calling the sandyford sales phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arestifamiliar

Yep, bought it a few weeks ago, still love the kick it gives :)

I get to either the speed limit or next set of red lights really quickly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I'm getting a bit concerned that I haven't received a VIN number for my Model 3 yet. Seems like I should have got one by now for a December delivery??

Advertisement