Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,178 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

How will Cullinane defend his ‘Breaking the State’ when his turn comes.

State seems fairly broken to me since the new crowd took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

smurgen wrote: »
    Imagine if Leo had listened to NPHET initially we would have been out of lockdown this weekend. Next two weeks are on him. Well worth he as he got to show everyone who was boss :)

And back in lockdown for the Xmas holidays.

But sure any cheap shot to have a dig at Leo.

Obsessed.

And back in lockdown for the Xmas holidays.

But sure any cheap shot to have a dig at Leo.

Obsessed.

18/20 of the last tweets sent out on the official FG Twitter account were something to do with Sinn Fein.

Not FG promoting a Government policy or legislation, just tweets attacking Sinn Fein.

Some of them were even retweets of their own tweets.

It's not going down too well either - spectacularly backfiring, each and every one.

Obsessed he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    18/20 of the last tweets sent out on the official FG Twitter account were something to do with Sinn Fein.

Not FG promoting a Government policy or legislation, just tweets attacking Sinn Fein.

Some of them were even retweets of their own tweets.

It's not going down too well either - spectacularly backfiring, each and every one.

Obsessed he says.

You obviously don’t like a taste of your own medicine, Randall.

Or your fellow travelers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Twitter and the general public are having a good laugh at the FG social media spazz-out. And speaking of medicine, the say laughter is the best tonic, and the FG social media accounts are providing plenty of it.

You're sunny-side-up assessment of the cringe bluebot behavior is predictable, but we know your lot are cracking up. As George Galloway once famously said to Christopher Hitchens: your hands are shaking, you need to pour yourself another drink.

"Au Contraire" as they say Brenner, I'm one of the many hundreds and thousands taking the complete and utter piss out of them over there, definitely a severe lack of self awareness going on there Brenner.

I'm firmly in the "keep her lit" camp concerning their twitter brain farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

smurgen wrote: »
    Imagine if Leo had listened to NPHET initially we would have been out of lockdown this weekend. Next two weeks are on him. Well worth he as he got to show everyone who was boss :)

Maybe I am missing something here. When did Leo become the Dictator of Ireland? according to a number of posters on here he seems to make every single decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Maybe I am missing something here. When did Leo become the Dictator of Ireland? according to a number of posters on here he seems to make every single decision.

Since Micheal Martin went to him on bended knee to form this unholy union of a government. Leo knew he had Martin then and since then Leo has been stomping around cutting the legs out from Martin and this government every chance he got.

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    Since Micheal Martin went to him on bended knee to form this unholy union of a government. Leo knew he had Martin then and since then Leo has been stomping around cutting the legs out from Martin and this government every chance he got.

In imaginary land maybe.

A lot of cr*p posted on this thread but the obession with Leo the kitchen is embarrassing. What is it about him?

The realpolitick suggests FG told FF that the government was gone if they asked for Leo's head. Simple as. FF are being wagged by the FG dog.

In imaginary land maybe.

A lot of cr*p posted on this thread but the obession with Leo the kitchen is embarrassing. What is it about him?

You would want to take the blue tinted spectacles off there. It is plain to see what has been going on since the start of this government. FG have been wagging FF tail. It is even clear to those in the FF party were there was no FG person supporting either cowen or callerly but when it came to Leo FF were paraded across the media to support him. Blantly obvious who is running things and it is not Micheal Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

In imaginary land maybe.

Boss...
    Bit of advice, get over the obsession with Leo the kitten. He is a politician, that's all. It ain't healthy.
    Leo = Bad

That is what all his/her posts are about
    I suggest you read back over the last 20 posts on this thread from yourself, if you don't even realise you are obsessed the bloke it is worse than I though, as I said unhealthy.

Seriously.
    It's obvious who's obsessed.

I've asked you this before a number of times, if you can point to one post featuring Leo, not discussing something current he had just said or done please do otherwise you're talking out your hat.

You would want to take the blue tinted spectacles off there. It is plain to see what has been going on since the start of this government. FG have been wagging FF tail. It is even clear to those in the FF party were there was no FG person supporting either cowen or callerly but when it came to Leo FF were paraded across the media to support him. Blantly obvious who is running things and it is not Micheal Martin.

I think part of Leo's leaks and announcing things ahead of MM is him trying to seem like the boss, while undermining his government partners.
    Granted, he's piss poor at it.

Hardly a FF TD in the Conference centre for the Confidence debate said it all. They were voting under duress. FG have them by the short and curlies, ok, but they were not gonna sit in full view supporting Leo.

I thought that was very odd myself, did anyone else notice?

Hardly a FF TD in the Conference centre for the Confidence debate said it all. They were voting under duress. FG have them by the short and curlies, ok, but they were not gonna sit in full view supporting Leo.

It was the same for O'Gorman when he was defending the mother and babies home legislation there wasn't a FF, FG or Green in the conference centre when he was being savaged by the opposition.

Doubt it, most people have better things to be at

Bowie wrote: »
    Boss...

Seriously.
    It's obvious who's obsessed.

I've asked you this before a number of times, if you can point to one post featuring Leo, not discussing something current he had just said or done please do otherwise you're talking out your hat.

What topic did you post about straight away after this? Never seen a Tainste get so much coverage before in a government. Why are you lot so obsessed about him?

The whole Debenhams topic you spent days posting about has nothing to do with the government. Many many many people tried to explain to you but all failed.

What topic did you post about straight away after this? Never seen a Tainste get so much coverage before in a government. Why are you lot so obsessed about him?

The whole Debenhams topic you spent days posting about has nothing to do with the government. Many many many people tried to explain to you but all failed.

Commented on a post concerning LV being in charge. In a FF/FG thread. All you seem to be doing is passing comment on posters who comment on Leo, is that better or worse? :)

No they have nae, (they used the topic as a spring board to side against the working tax payer). You asked what the connection was. I said it was LV commenting on it. I can't help if you can't seem to grasp that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

It's been a bad week for the opposition.
    Showed up as having been spun like bobbles in a personal vendetta.
    Roaring about getting rid of a judge and when they all met up they haven't a clue how, or if it can be done.
    Hurlers on the ditch can roar and scream, but put into the game they haven't a clue what to do with the ball.
    Back to the ditch lads it's safer over here!

im sure theres a straight white fella thats actually taoiseach

i mean im not imagining that am i?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Depends, on what you mean by straight and white. :D:D

Roaring about getting rid of a judge and when they all met up they haven't a clue how, or if it can be done.
    Hurlers on the ditch can roar and scream, but put into the game they haven't a clue what to do with the ball.

You should look up what 'pyrrhic victories' are Bish.

They are fairly classic things to force governments into and that is what has happened here. The opposition and I would imagine most savvy posters here, knew he would likely survive the vote but that was not in any way a reason to not force the vote.
    Leo survived the battle but will ultimately lose the war.

To be honest they should be made hand back wages for this week because it was just a waste of time. People complaining about the government been incompetent but look whats on the other side.

SO far "the best opposition ever" have achieved what exactly since the election? Apart from sitting in the government and saying against to every thing brought forward by the government, and of course roaring into a mic they have done nothing from what I can?

Now seems to be a good few supporters on here of opposition, what have they done? at this stage it would be cheaper and better just to have a load of dummies in the Dail saying "Nil" to everything, would be cheaper. If that is not we already have :p

Jaysis, I know fine rightly if a few other fellas made that post there'd be all sorts of homophobic racist insinuations flying around here like flies on white dog crap, and I know I ain't imagining that one snoop.

It's almost like it's all bullsht, and they're looking for something to be outraged about. :D

To be honest they should be made hand back wages for this week because it was just a waste of time. People complaining about the government been incompetent but look whats on the other side.

SO far "the best opposition ever" have achieved what exactly since the election? Apart from sitting in the government and saying against to every thing brought forward by the government, and of course roaring into a mic they have done nothing from what I can?

Now seems to be a good few supporters on here of opposition, what have they done? at this stage it would be cheaper and better just to have a load of dummies in the Dail saying "Nil" to everything, would be cheaper. If that is not we already have :p

The opposition's job is to scrutinise the government and to call them to account.
    They have done this in spades since the get go. We know the score on people who have had to leave government because they were 'called to account'. We are awaiting the 'score' on those who have been called to account but haven't been made leave the government.

The other 'job' the opposition (and the government parties to be fair) do is a selfish party one, it is to position themselves in the best place to gain at the next election. Again it remains to be seen how they have performed in that regard. My opinion would be, they have done sterling work in that regard.

The opposition's job is to scrutinise the government and to call them to account.
    They have done this in spades since the get go. We know the score on people who have had to leave government because they were 'called to account'. We are awaiting the 'score' on those who have been called to account but haven't been made leave the government.

The other 'job' the opposition (and the government parties to be fair) do is a selfish party one, it is to position themselves in the best place to gain at the next election. Again it remains to be seen how they have performed in that regard. My opinion would be, they have done sterling work in that regard.

But they haven't. The press have and SF have jumped on the bandwagon.

The opposition can bring forward legislation etc, have they done any of that? they have come up with no viable alternatives to the government, just saying everything is wrong is not an alternative. Now maybe I am wrong and more than willing to hear what they have dne?

SO far they have been terrible if you compare to what a FF or a FG did when they ran in opposition. In my opinion.

Labour so far have shown better opposition than anything SF have come up with. All these great TDs who got elected and we have the same two(Mary Lou and Pearse) on everything. What happened to the rest of them?

But they haven't. The press have and SF have jumped on the bandwagon.

The opposition can bring forward legislation etc, have they done any of that? they have come up with no viable alternatives to the government, just saying everything is wrong is not an alternative. Now maybe I am wrong and more than willing to hear what they have dne?

SO far they have been terrible if you compare to what a FF or a FG did when they ran in opposition. In my opinion.

Labour so far have shown better opposition than anything SF have come up with. All these great TDs who got elected and we have the same two(Mary Lou and Pearse) on everything. What happened to the rest of them?

Quick Google otherwise known as researching your 'opinion' before putting your foot in it again.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/bill/2020/50/
    https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/bill/2020/49/
    https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/bill/2020/51/
    https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/bill/2020/55/

More here, if you are interested in the actualities. https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/

• Advertisement

Thanks for sharing, no idea why you have to be so rude about it.

4 out of 55 is it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement