Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Floppybits wrote: »
    Certainly seems to be going that way. Didn't take FF long to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully this is their last stint in government.

I'd say FF are secretly delighted FG are singing from the same crony hymn sheet. They can depend on their support regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    The connection between Debenhams and government was MM and LV talking on it. That's all.

You might want to take that up with Leo.
    More or your made up claims with no back up...

It is time you got some new material. How about this?

https://www.thejournal.ie/leo-biography-book-4217812-Sep2018/

News alert, news alert!!!: There is a strange connection between the government and Mars Bars.

Leo Varadkar was quoted on the subject!!!!

Do the government secretly own Mars inc.? Do Denis O'Brien's shares in Mars have anything to do with this? Are we secretly missing the real story that SpaceX are going to build their launch site for the Mars mission in West Dublin?

So many questions to answer now that Leo has been heard talking about Mars Bars.

P.S. Don't get me started on the fireworks or cannabis connections. More evidence of illegal activity that makes the Tanaiste unfit for government.

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is time you got some new material. How about this?

https://www.thejournal.ie/leo-biography-book-4217812-Sep2018/

News alert, news alert!!!: There is a strange connection between the government and Mars Bars.

Leo Varadkar was quoted on the subject!!!!

Do the government secretly own Mars inc.? Do Denis O'Brien's shares in Mars have anything to do with this? Are we secretly missing the real story that SpaceX are going to build their launch site for the Mars mission in West Dublin?

So many questions to answer now that Leo has been heard talking about Mars Bars.

P.S. Don't get me started on the fireworks or cannabis connections. More evidence of illegal activity that makes the Tanaiste unfit for government.

Blanch, the query was what connection was there beTwix government and Debenhams.
    I showed the connection between government and Debenhams workers was ministers commenting on it. That's all I was pointing out.
    You are once again believing your own made up claims.

It's quite possible that LV might ramble on about some policy idea he had eating a mars bar while watching reeling in the years :)

Blanch, the query was what connection was there beTwix government and Debenhams.
    I showed the connection between government and Debenhams workers was ministers commenting on it. That's all I was pointing out.
    You are once again believing your own made up claims.

It's quite possible that LV might ramble on about some policy idea he had while eating a mars bar while watching reeling in the years :)

Mick Barry and Paul Murphy have both commented on Debenhams. I’m sure that there are plenty other TDs who have. Soooo. What’s the connection between them and Debenhams?

Mick Barry and Paul Murphy have both commented on Debenhams. I’m sure that there are plenty other TDs who have. Soooo. What’s the connection between them and Debenhams?

Same. The fact that they commented on it. I think you are off the reservation on this. I merely pointed out the connection, never said they couldn't speak on it, never said they created some binding legislation or other. Mind, they might have helped avoided it had they enacted the recommendations after the Clery's scandal.
    I've no idea what you are giving out about or disagreeing with or why Maryanne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The Seamus Woulfe appointment looking increasingly murky going by the Irish Times article. Possibly another sticky few days for FG.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Same. The fact that they commented on it. I think you are off the reservation on this. I merely pointed out the connection, never said they couldn't speak on it, never said they created some binding legislation or other. Mind, they might have helped avoided it had they enacted the recommendations after the Clery's scandal.
    I've no idea what you are giving out about or disagreeing with or why Maryanne.

As pointed out in response, the relevance of the connection is about as significant as the connection between the Government and Mars Bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The Seamus Woulfe appointment looking increasingly murky going by the Irish Times article. Possibly another sticky few days for FG.

Yep, looks like Woulfe was an FG plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

McMurphy wrote: »

Political plant this is no different to how Trump put William Barr in as his AG. The only thing is Barr was actually more qualified for his position than Woulfe is for his.

smurgen wrote: »
    Political plant this is no different to how Trump put William Barr in as his AG. The only thing is Barr was actually more qualified for his position than Woulfe is for his.

Getting confused here lads.

Barr is an AG.

Woulfe is an AG appointed as a judge.

Are you referring to Woulfe's appointment as an AG or as a judge.

If the latter, then Barr isn't a comparator.

If it is the former, Barr was particularly corrupt and incompetent as an AG, wouldn't put Woulfe in the same category. Self-entitled maybe, but that's more a character trait than a competency issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Barr is an AG.

If it is the former, Barr was particularly corrupt and incompetent as an AG, wouldn't put Woulfe in the same category. Self-entitled maybe, but that's more a character trait than a competency issue.

Twitter must have gone down Blanch, be like Swanwick ATC if the computers had crashed and they had to go back to ‘manual’

All over the place:)

Imagine if Leo had listened to NPHET initially we would have been out of lockdown this weekend. Next two weeks are on him. Well worth he as he got to show everyone who was boss :)

Barr is an AG.

Corruption and incompetence would be the similarities I suppose. Barr was put in by Trump to block investigations bury finding when needed. Woulfe whenever or if he gets back to work every will operate in the same fashion.The usually pedantry can be applied to yourself if you want.

Imagine if Leo had listened to NPHET initially we would have been out of lockdown this weekend. Next two weeks are on him. Well worth he as he got to show everyone who was boss :)

Give Fergus Gibson a ring, could have a job for you, a chara

Nice little earner.

Corruption and incompetence would be the similarities I suppose. Barr was put in by Trump to block investigations bury finding when needed. Woulfe whenever or if he gets back to work every will operate in the same fashion.The usually pedantry can be applied to yourself if you want.

How can Woulfe as a judge block investigations?

The silliness has reached absurd levels.

As pointed out in response, the relevance of the connection is about as significant as the connection between the Government and Mars Bars.

Again, it was asked what the connection was. It was ministers commenting on it, more so Leo.
    Now, you might not give much weight to that and that's cool.

Seems when MM signed off on Woulfe neither FF nor the Greens were told that three other Judges had written in to government to express interest.
    Well Micheal, you shrugged off LV's crony behaviour before so keep shrugging. MM looks like an ass and FG crony. Woulfe was Leo's pick and a FG'er.
    Just another day of this government.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Seems when MM signed off on Woulfe neither FF nor the Greens were told that three other Judges had written in to government to express interest.
    Well Micheal, you shrugged off LV's crony behaviour before so keep shrugging. MM looks like an ass and FG crony. Woulfe was Leo's pick and a FG'er.

You just knew the whole Vardkar fiasco and they way dealt with it was going to come back and haunt them and now you have the Justice minister saying she knew of 3 other candidates that were interested in the job but did inform Martin or Ryan of this candidates before nominating Mr FG himself Woulfe. This just smacks of FG putting there own people into as many positions as they can or is that they owe some many favours to people that this is the payback?

Twitter must have gone down Blanch, be like Swanwick ATC if the computers had crashed and they had to go back to ‘manual’

All over the place:)

Not going away Brenner.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1327222720204058624?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 68,141 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He was very shaky on it on the News At One. Not often you can see somebody flapping their hands about on radio. :)

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be surprised if the hotline from FG HQ is currently trying to get hold of Woulfe to tell him to quit and they will sort something out for him. The news that there were other interested parties and that the FG minister for Justice did not tell the other party leaders of this interest before naming Woulfe has heaped more hassle on the government. They didn't even get a day of relief after the Varadkars hassle.

I wouldn't be surprised if the hotline from FG HQ is currently trying to get hold of Woulfe to tell him to quit and they will sort something out for him. The news that there were other interested parties and that the FG minister for Justice did not tell the other party leaders of this interest before naming Woulfe has heaped more hassle on the government. They didn't even get a day of relief after the Varadkars hassle.

They're currently trying to figure out a cringey video to put out on twitter in which they can try and somehow pin the blame on the Shinners for it first.

Give it time floppy.

They're currently trying to figure out a cringey video to put out on twitter in which they can try and somehow pin the blame on the Shinners for it first.

Give it time floppy.

Nothing would surprise me. FG have gone from supposedly a party of law and order and being tough on corruption to just being a joke now. I don't know if it is the FF incompetency that infected FG or whether its that FG were just as incompetent as FF. Hard to tell one from the other now.

Nothing would surprise me. FG have gone from supposedly a party of law and order and being tough on corruption to just being a joke now. I don't know if it is the FF incompetency that infected FG or whether its that FG were just as incompetent as FF. Hard to tell one from the other now.

Their twitter account definitely gives a new meaning to the term "Government Trolls".

You just knew the whole Vardkar fiasco and they way dealt with it was going to come back and haunt them and now you have the Justice minister saying she knew of 3 other candidates that were interested in the job but did inform Martin or Ryan of this candidates before nominating Mr FG himself Woulfe. This just smacks of FG putting there own people into as many positions as they can or is that they owe some many favours to people that this is the payback?

Well...
    Mr Quinlan added: “You tell me one party out there who doesn’t look after their own. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s politics.”

Seems FG standards need only be the same or slightly better than what they believe the worst might be at, for anything to be deemed acceptable behaviour.

The 'law and order party' moniker is long long dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,141 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Labour going in hard on this one. Looking for McEntee to take questions in the Dáil.

Labour going in hard on this one. Looking for McEntee to take questions in the Dáil.

Good to see other opposition. Will the response still be hearsay about shinners? Maybe FG will talk smack about Jim Larkin.

One by one the cabinet is being discredited or fired. Interesting to see if McEntee will stop hiding on this one.

• Advertisement

How will Cullinane defend his ‘Breaking the State’ when his turn comes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement