Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Thanks for sharing, no idea why you have to be so rude about it.

4 out of 55 is it?

Not being rude, just fed up with people posting stuff that isn't true.

The onus on you now is to prove your 'opinion' - that previous opposition's had presented more legislation at the same point in the respective governments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

The onus on you now is to prove your 'opinion' - that previous opposition's had presented more legislation at the same point in the respective governments.

You are accusing me of posting stuff that isn't true when I clearly asked a question in the post.

Plus a quick review of your posts and it is full of lies. So if you want to stop people posting "stuff that isn't true" then start at home, plus yes you are rude. Manners cost nothing.

Back to the original point, what exactly have the opposition donewhich shows they have been good? good for Ireland

You are accusing me of posting stuff that isn't true when I clearly asked a question in the post.

Plus a quick review of your posts and it is full of lies. So if you want to stop people posting "stuff that isn't true" then start at home

Yes you are rude. Manners cost nothing.

Back to the original point, what exactly have the opposition donewhich shows they have been good? good for Ireland

You expressed your 'opinion' about previous oppositions and haven't backed it up that I have seen.

I have shown you that the 'opposition' from Alan Kelly to Eoin O'Broin have presented legislation, which is what you asked for.

When somebody makes claims about something and it is shown that those claims are just not true, then it is fair to say they have 'put their foot in it'. Nothing rude about it.

An opposition not afraid to call wrongdoing and incompetence to account is 'good' for any country IMO.

You expressed your 'opinion' about previous oppositions and haven't backed it up that I have seen.

I have shown you that the 'opposition' from Alan Kelly to Eoin O'Broin have presented legislation, which is what you asked for.

When somebody makes claims about something and it is shown that those claims are just not true, then it is fair to say they have 'put their foot in it'. Nothing rude about it.

An opposition not afraid to call wrongdoing and incompetence to account is 'good' for any country IMO.

It is rude. Im not here to educate people about manners

Just an idea now, maybe let someone else respond. You are currently defending SF going up the North during the Pandemic to a funeral on another thread. Says it all really

It is rude. Im not here to educate people about manners

Just an idea now, maybe let someone else respond. You are currently defending SF going up the North during the Pandemic to a funeral on another thread. Says it all really

Another lie. I criticised SF from the get go in relation to 'the funeral'.

What I am doing on the other thread is the same as here, calling people to account for telling lies about that funeral.

Now can you back up your opinion or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,458 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The whole Debenhams topic you spent days posting about has nothing to do with the government. Many many many people tried to explain to you but all failed.

You hit the nail on the head as squarely as possible with that comment.

At least one, if not two of those are unconstitutional and interfere with people's rights.

Anyone can write a piece of nonsensical populism and present it as a Bill.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Anyone can write a piece of nonsensical populism and present it as a Bill.

In government and in opposition...I agree.

What is your point?

In government and in opposition...I agree.

What is your point?

The point is those Bills are pointless populism. I could even write one.

• Advertisement

The point is those Bills are pointless populism. I could even write one.

But you would say that.

Again, regardless of what you think of the legislation, it is wrong to be of the opinion that none has been presented.
    Repeating it when you have been shown the actuality is a lie or misrepresentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's been a bad week for the opposition.
    Showed up as having been spun like bobbles in a personal vendetta.
    Roaring about getting rid of a judge and when they all met up they haven't a clue how, or if it can be done.
    Hurlers on the ditch can roar and scream, but put into the game they haven't a clue what to do with the ball.
    Back to the ditch lads it's safer over here!

I see it the complete opposite. FF/FG/Greens shrugged off LV leaking a confidential document to a pal. The opposition called them out on it. FG got all Trumpy talking ****e. No accountability. Will hang over FG for some time will be over LV for his remaining career.
    The crony Woulfe appointment while not telling FF/Greens about 3 other applicants seals the week.
    All you saw was FG slagging SF :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You hit the nail on the head as squarely as possible with that comment.

Hit his thumb.
    The query was what was the connection. The answer was LV and MM spoke on it.
    Any other add ons or inferences were imagined.
    You made up stuff assigned it to me and got upset at it.

Bowie wrote: »
    I see it the complete opposite. FF/FG/Greens shrugged off LV leaking a confidential document to a pal. The opposition called them out on it. FG got all Trumpy talking ****e. No accountability. Will hang over FG for some time will be over LV for his remaining career.
    The crony Woulfe appointment while not telling FF/Greens about 3 other applicants seals the week.

..and once again falling flat on their asses. So arrogant it never occurred to them that social media can answer back and severely embarrass them.

https://twitter.com/TadhgHickey/status/1327579741700943872

Bowie wrote: »

Are you actually saying that is a good week for the opposition?

It shows the government are incompetent but then the opposition are even worse because they couldn't even carry out a vote of no confidence.

Do you honestly think the public got value for money this week out of the government and the opposition?

Is this what we expect from the "best opposition ever"? a epsiode of a f**king soap each week and none of them providing anything of use to the general public?

..and once again falling flat on their asses. So arrogant it never occurred to them that social media can answer back and severely embarrass them.

https://twitter.com/TadhgHickey/status/1327579741700943872

What is the point of this?

What is the point of this?

Demonstrating the point I was making. That FG's attack strategy on social media is actually having the effect of reminding people of their own party members who have transgressed. i.e 'landing them on their asses'.

It's called backing up your opinion.

Demonstrating the point I was making. That FG's attack strategy on social media is actually having the effect of reminding people of their own party members who have transgressed. i.e 'landing them on their asses'.

No it doesn't.

No it doesn't.

That is your 'opinion'.

Reminding people that your own party member was involved in a 'rip-off' would not be considered a good idea by anyone in PR.

Not the first time it has happened with these attack ads that FG are using with alarming regularity.
    It will not convince anyone who already votes for SF and will only drive people away from FG.

FF I think will benefit from this as much as anyone.

That is your 'opinion'.

Reminding people that your own party member was involved in a 'rip-off' would not be considered a good idea by anyone in PR.

Not the first time it has happened with these attack ads that FG are using with alarming regularity.
    It will not convince anyone who already votes for SF and will only drive people away from FG.

FF I think will benefit from this as much as anyone.

403 people "liked" the video you posted, this is the description of two of the people "Youth Worker, SF member, he/him, Anti-fascist. Free Palestine ,BLM. Wear a ****ing mask." and "A Druid, A Beekeeper, An Irish Mammy, A Curious person with an eye that likes to delve into conspiracy"

Give a good insight into the links you are posting. It won't affect any election. It is a couple of people reposting the same rubbish over multiple media.

To edit, I think this one is best "Fed up with the injustices in the world. Support Palestinian people. Vote for anyone but FG, FF, LP, GP. Like or Retweet not endorsement." Are you saying that video is going to change his vote?

• Advertisement

403 people "liked" the video you posted, this is the description of two of the people "Youth Worker, SF member, he/him, Anti-fascist. Free Palestine ,BLM. Wear a ****ing mask." and "A Druid, A Beekeeper, An Irish Mammy, A Curious person with an eye that likes to delve into conspiracy"

Give a good insight into the links you are posting. It won't affect any election. It is a couple of people reposting the same rubbish over multiple media.

To edit, I think this one is best "Fed up with the injustices in the world. Support Palestinian people. Vote for anyone but FG, FF, LP, GP. Like or Retweet not endorsement." Are you saying that video is going to change his vote?

If you knew anything about twitter you would know 'likes' in no way show how many times a video is watched. That's before we even get into how many multiples of people re-tweeted it.

I watched it and made no comment on it or clicked like.

I am saying, the evidence we have is that this type of attack dog social media strategy backfired on them in the election.
    It's like FG are in constant elecion mode and that there is only one other party out there.

Take the point or don't.

If you knew anything about twitter you would know 'likes' in no way show how many times a video is watched. That's before we even get into how many multiples of people re-tweeted it.

I watched it and made no comment on it or clicked like.

I am saying, the evidence we have is that this type of attack dog social media strategy backfired on them in the election.
    It's like FG are in constant elecion mode and that there is only one other party out there.

Take the point or don't.

I know all about Twitter, I gave a good view of the people who are interested in that video. Nobody else cares. People on twitter are more interested to see what Kim K is up to or what the local socialite are telling them to buy. It has zero affect on an election. Bit sad that people actually making these videos and sharing them think it does.

You are trying to say you watched it, didn't comment or reshare but felt the need to plaster it all over boards with comments? doesn't really add up does it?

Plus every party are in constant election mode. When did a party claim not to be? just review any of the parties pages and they have loads of this sort of stuff. It is very standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The recent FG ongoing social media spazz-out has been a running joke in a 50+ member WhatsApp group consisting of old university friends of mine. All white-collar, educated, mostly property owning, in their 30s, and all clued-in. This is the demographic that FG are desperate for and they're just a ridiculous meme now. Borne out by the exit polls after the last election as well where it has been proven that FG have almost completely lost this type of young ABC1 voter.

None would have their preferred pronoun on their Twitter bio and couldn't give a sh*te about Palestine or whatever you're having.

In short, FG are positively deluded about who they are and who they're speaking to.

I know all about Twitter, I gave a good view of the people who are interested in that video. Nobody else cares. People on twitter are more interested to see what Kim K is up to or what the local socialite are telling them to buy. It has zero affect on an election. Bit sad that people actually making these videos and sharing them think it does.

That my friend, is another of your unproven declamations and unprovable.
    You are trying to say you watched it, didn't comment or reshare but felt the need to plaster it all over boards with comments? doesn't really add up does it?

Plus every party are in constant election mode. When did a party claim not to be? just review any of the parties pages and they have loads of this sort of stuff. It is very standard.

I post it to this page and you have gone on a rant about it. If it was unimportant, of no effect, you'd have been able to scroll past.

And your last sentence is totally wrong. There is only ONE party in single party attack mode on Twitter at the moment as anyone who knows anything about Twitter and the search function would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Remember a poster(s) on here who used to bring out the "Manners/rude" card anytime his/her nonsense was called out, it's a pity solution wasn't around the same time as shefwedfan/redgirl they could have enjoyed the perfect "ménage à trois":)

Yurt! wrote: »
    The recent FG ongoing social media spazz-out has been a running joke in a 50+ member WhatsApp group consisting of old university friends of mine. All white-collar, educated, mostly property owning, in their 30s, and all clued-in. This is the demographic that FG are desperate for and they're just a ridiculous meme now. Borne out by the exit polls after the last election as well where it has been proven that FG have almost completely lost this type of young ABC1 voter.

None would have their preferred pronoun on their Twitter bio and couldn't give a sh*te about Palestine or whatever you're having.

In short, FG are positively deluded about who they are and who they're speaking to.

I doubt any of the above is true. Why would a group of 50 adults create a watsapp group to discuss the media campaign of a polticial party? :eek: do you have thaty little going on in your lives? If FG are losing that sector of the public good for them. I couldn't care less. Last time I seen a poll wasn't FG way out in front?

I doubt any of the above is true. Why would a group of 50 adults create a watsapp group to discuss the media campaign of a polticial party? :eek: do you have thaty little going on in your lives? If FG are losing that sector of the public good for them. I couldn't care less. Last time I seen a poll wasn't FG way out in front?

Believe what you want. FG are a running joke in my peer group. There's more going on than ragging on FG, but when they do come up, they're a source of mockery.

Believe what you want. FG are a running joke in my peer group. There's more going on than ragging on FG, but when they do come up, they're a source of mockery.

And that is the damage done by Varadkar. He has showm that when it comes to it that FG are as sleeveen as FF.

FG's attacks on one party shows they know only too well where the battle line is at the next election.

Sounds exhilarating. I'm sure nobody has that group on mute

• Advertisement

Sounds exhilarating. I'm sure nobody has that group on mute

Ah you poor craythur

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement