Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,337 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This thread is baffling. We had a lad get a hatchet into the head in Dublin last week. Now last night some lad going around slashing people with a knife.

Not a whisper on here, yet we have posts about FG hiring people and the government are monitoring social media, which at best can be described as page filler articles. What bulls**t are you going to post next?

Shock horror, kitten stuck up tree and FG didn't ring the rescue crew

Why don't you offer an opinion on it? See what traction it gets on a government thread.

I would be interested in how you link it to the government but not promising any comment. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The negativity is bizarre.

Clear as day, we can now see the reason why FG messed up their own general election campaign. It wasn't an accident.

And they learnt absolutely nothing from their last mistakes by the looks of thing's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

McMurphy wrote: »
    And they learnt absolutely nothing from their last mistakes by the looks of thing's.

I would agree with this. For me the watershed moment on how they really can fcuck up was the RIC/Black and Tans memorial and not listening to how it was being perceived. I thought that they would learn from this but the Mother and Baby Homes palaver (with Fianna Fail) and how they kept failing to explain properly showed that little was learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭Floppybits

This thread is baffling. We had a lad get a hatchet into the head in Dublin last week. Now last night some lad going around slashing people with a knife.

Not a whisper on here, yet we have posts about FG hiring people and the government are monitoring social media, which at best can be described as page filler articles. What bulls**t are you going to post next?

It goes to show how cheap life is or how we have all become accustomed to this sort of stuff that a fella getting a hachet in the head is a non story but political parties throwing handbags at each other is. Or may the parties throwing handbags are doing this to distract from the lack of policing in the country. who knows.

joeguevara wrote: »
    I would agree with this. For me the watershed moment on how they really can fcuck up was the RIC/Black and Tans memorial and not listening to how it was being perceived. I thought that they would learn from this but the Mother and Baby Homes palaver (with Fianna Fail) and how they kept failing to explain properly showed that little was learned.

FG and FF will point to the mother and baby homes as being a Green cock up rather than one of theirs. If you noticed when O'Gorman was defending that legislation there were very few if any FF or FG TD's supporting him, infact did Ryan the leader of the Greens or Martin the deputy leader help him out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,823 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

A few of us must be on the FG watchlist. Interesting.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Floppybits wrote: »
    FG and FF will point to the mother and baby homes as being a Green cock up rather than one of theirs. If you noticed when O'Gorman was defending that legislation there were very few if any FF or FG TD's supporting him, infact did Ryan the leader of the Greens or Martin the deputy leader help him out?

Nobody really cares about the greens. Also the Taoiseach and Tanaiste would be expected to stand up and explain to the public what was true and what was false to stem the social media hate campaign (which were spreading many untruths). Instead there was silence and showed that they have not learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I have not been following this story but this statement is not true. I have seen many employment contracts with ex-gratia redundancy terms e.g. statutory + 4 weeks. It will often happen during acquisitions or at senior management levels.

Yes, there are situations at senior management level where a contract will have such termination and redundancy clauses from the start, mainly as a way for companies either to get rid of management or to insist on a non-competitive period.

It is very rare for a company to include a redundancy arrangement in a contract for general workers.

Some may have a standard scheme, but where they do, they reserve the right to alter it or offer alternative terms depending on circumstances. Such standard schemes also don't apply in a wind-up situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Why don't you offer an opinion on it? See what traction it gets on a government thread.

I would be interested in how you link it to the government but not promising any comment. Go for it.

Nearly 38,000 posts on boards and you mention crime 112 times. None of them to actually do with the levels of crime in Ireland. Bit of a waste of time responding to you wouldn't it be?

joeguevara wrote: »
    Nobody really cares about the greens. Also the Taoiseach and Tanaiste would be expected to stand up and explain to the public what was true and what was false to stem the social media hate campaign (which were spreading many untruths). Instead there was silence and showed that they have not learned.

The fact no one cares about the Green (well except dyed in the blue wool Blanch) is the reason why FF and FG left them swinging with the mother and baby home legislation, there was no way that they were going to touch it. Better that the Greens get hammered than them.

• Advertisement

The fact no one cares about the Green (well except dyed in the blue wool Blanch) is the reason why FF and FG left them swinging with the mother and baby home legislation, there was no way that they were going to touch it. Better that the Greens get hammered than them.

It effected FF and FG way more in the polls than the greens. That is evidence that they havent learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

It goes to show how cheap life is or how we have all become accustomed to this sort of stuff that a fella getting a hachet in the head is a non story but political parties throwing handbags at each other is. Or may the parties throwing handbags are doing this to distract from the lack of policing in the country. who knows.

It seems the locals would prefer to read mundane stories about the hiring process in political parties than crime levels on the street. Very odd behavior

blanch152 wrote: »
    Such standard schemes also don't apply in a wind-up situation.

All bets are off when a company winds up. Once everyone is paid whatever is left will then be given to the workers only way to change it is to move workers higher up the creditor list and I can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A few of us must be on the FG watchlist. Interesting.
    One occasionally finds the core of one's posts appearing in official statements! ;)

It seems the locals would prefer to read mundane stories about the hiring process in political parties than crime levels on the street. Very odd behavior

The thing is that the hachet attack happened in Dublin, as far as anyone is concerned that is just a normal day in Dublin. Folk outside Dublin don't give a rats arse about Dublin and even those in Dublin don't really care about the city centre as far as they are concerned it is full of junkies and scumbags. It is unfortunate that people feel this way about their Capital city but the city has been let fall to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,337 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nearly 38,000 posts on boards and you mention crime 112 times. None of them to actually do with the levels of crime in Ireland. Bit of a waste of time responding to you wouldn't it be?

I suggested you offer an opinion on it and how it relates to the government on a government thread.

is_that_so wrote: »
    One occasionally finds the core of one's posts appearing in official statements! ;)

Not mine I hope! :)

All bets are off when a company winds up. Once everyone is paid whatever is left will then be given to the workers only way to change it is to move workers higher up the creditor list and I can't see that happening.

Agreed, which is why I find it bizarre that posters have a problem with people pointing that out.

Yes, there are situations at senior management level where a contract will have such termination and redundancy clauses from the start, mainly as a way for companies either to get rid of management or to insist on a non-competitive period.

It is very rare for a company to include a redundancy arrangement in a contract for general workers.

Some may have a standard scheme, but where they do, they reserve the right to alter it or offer alternative terms depending on circumstances. Such standard schemes also don't apply in a wind-up situation.

I also said acquisitions. Quite common in that scenario for trust reasons. And acquisitions happen a lot more than people think - the public name of the company often doesn't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That is extremely disturbing if you couple it with Leo's slip about 'regulating' publications he doesn't like.

Hope this journalist follows it up fully. The Irish press corp need to stand up here and be counted as the Village made clear yesterday, whatever they think of what the Village exposed.
    Not really. It's all in the public eye and a couple of API calls can get you the same kind of thing. Such tools are great for filtering tonnes of data.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Again Leo expressing an opinion on something that has nothing to do with government doesn’t prove your point that the govern,ent had anything to do with Debenhams. If Leo expresses a view on the best looking guy in Dancing with the Stars, does that mean the government have something to do with the winner? Because according to your logic, it does.

As has been pointed out time and again, Debenhams do not have the money to pay the workers, that is why the unions want to rob taxpayers like me. Leo didn’t lie, no matter how many time’s you say it.

He's in government. He wasn't a caller in to Joe Duffy. Are we saying when Leo speaks he speaks only for himself and should be given no more weight than Bridie calling in to Joe?
    I'm not saying he spoke for government. I'm saying that's the connection. MM saying the workers were treated poorly but doing nothing and LV lying about Debenhams to side against the workers.
    A minister taking a view on a current affair effecting working striking taxpayers is not comparable to dancing with the stars, but I can see how a FG'er might think that way and that's an issue LV has IMO, he doesn't see a difference either probably.
    Your gymnastics that whatever a government minister says is not connected to government in any way is a new level.

There was no money for the workers. Vardakar didn't lie. Posters on here are fantasising about pots of money.

There was money there. He lied to side against striking Irish taxpayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not really. It's all in the public eye and a couple of API calls can get you the same kind of thing. Such tools are great for filtering tonnes of data.

Its..... that’s just Francie trying to big this up.

Trying to get another three weeks out of it.

You are correct. Nothing to see here.

Bowie wrote: »
    There was money there. He lied to side against striking Irish taxpayers.

(1) There wasn't money, as has been pointed out to you numerous times, and Mandate were ordered by the courts to stand down

(2) Varadkar didn't lie

(3) You have never produced a shred of evidence that there is any money

(4) The workers are trying to rob money due to the Irish taxpayers.

All of the above is true.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/councils-owed-over-400m-in-unpaid-rents-loans-and-rates-36765225.html

It's more what you hear than what you see Dude ...if your blind to it of course you won't see or hear it.

But if you are socially active and of reasonable intelligence it is very evident .

What has rent arrears got to do with it? If I cite a report on the national debt can I conclude all the Irish people are no mark wasters? Spent docket lad.
    So you're the latest to cite such things with zero back up out side of a dislike for people on low/no income a chara, dude.

Yes I produce actual data from verified reports to back up my opinions, thanks for acknowledging that.

It does answer the query, by the way, as do the reports on the levels of disability claimants in Ireland.

Anecdotes or personal experiences or personal opinions don't stand up when the facts as presented in official verified reports disagree.

Irrelevant data to divert having zero actual factual support.

The anecdote is regarding people choosing not to work. Are the disabled choosing to be disabled by FG standards now?

I agree, so don't do it lads. 'Tis the point of my comment.

It doesn't matter what Debenhams have, the staff paid a substantial amount of money to a company to look after their interests with Debenhams. If they wanted the government to act as a union they should have paid the government that money.

The union has to do it jobs now, end of story. If it can't then it should hand back all the money it has taken off the employees over the years.

And Varadkar had no business commenting unless to represent the people he's paid to represent.

Bowie wrote: »
    And Varadkar had no business commenting unless to represent the people he's paid to represent.

Free speech only for those you agree with?

Why is it disturbing? unless you are living in a bubble every country and company in the World is monitoring social media. Bit naive to think they are not

Ever hear of Cambridge Analytica?

That's your standard? Good god.

• Advertisement

Do you want us to discuss what role FF/FG/Green have to play?
    Was he in the FF/FG/Greens?
    TBF if he had of used a glass he might have been a disgruntled FG TD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement