Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Will they ever learn?
    Simon's turn to have a cheap shot and ends up publicising more about his own party's past than anything else. Class! :)

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1366009975663980544

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Will they ever learn?
    Simon's turn to have a cheap shot and ends up publicising more about his own party's past than anything else. Class! :)

It's common enough. Engage in behaviour but criticise others if they do same. FG complaining about online bullying had to be the biggest joke.

PCR tests have instant results and don't need a referral by a doctor for a test

Really? Where is this?

Really? Where is this?

Not here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Not here!

I think you have your tests mixed up bf.
    PCR is our main test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

PCR tests have instant results and don't need a referral by a doctor for a test

Thats an antigen test ,not PCR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

There is an ongoing problem for this and successive govts as regards the economic viability of rural Ireland.
    It's fast becoming more of a wasteland with services and business being driven more and more towards the larger towns and the capital.
    BOI are the latest to announce major closures, following on from UB pulling out altogether.
    Post offices and many small business closures all over the place.
    Rural Ireland is fast becoming just a commuter belt for major cities and larger, not even county, provincial towns.
    While the economy is being driven this way I feel that house prices and rents in these large centers will only get higher and supply shorter.

https://www.thejournal.ie/bank-of-ireland-branch-closures-5368510-Mar2021/

Thats an antigen test ,not PCR

Yeah, got them mixed up. Why aren't we using antigen tests in schools then? They use them in airports

Yeah, got them mixed up. Why aren't we using antigen tests in schools then? They use them in airports

If the government were locked in overnight at the Guinness brewery they couldn't think of something to pass the time

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Will they ever learn?

Pretty accurate from Harris I thought.

You look at the likes of Murphy, the only thing he had to say about the disgraceful riots was "It wasn't me, guv".

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

blanch152 wrote: »

You look at the likes of Murphy, the only thing he had to say about the disgraceful riots was "It wasn't me, guv".

What nonsense. I have no time for Paul Murphy but the media/drew tryed to portray the left were involved and he is rightly calling them out on it.

Has Helen McEntee retracted her claim left republicans were involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Prob still annoyed about that time the gards tried to stitch him up.

DPP was advised that convictions were unlikely after judge questioned evidence of gardaí

What nonsense. I have no time for Paul Murphy but the media/drew tryed to portray the left were involved and he is rightly calling them out on it.

Those who took part in the protests voted for the likes of Paul Murphy, Sinn Fein, Veronica Murphy etc. in the last election. They are a disparate group collecting members from both extremes of the political spectrum.

Was Sinn Fein or PBP officially involved in organising the protests? No.
    Were there members and supporters taking part? Undoubtedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Those who took part in the protests voted for the likes of Paul Murphy, Sinn Fein, Veronica Murphy etc. in the last election. They are a disparate group collecting members from both extremes of the political spectrum.

You are really letting your bias and hatred shine through here. The commissioner has retracted his statement from Saturday and yet here you are still beating that drum.

As you like to throw this out all the time have you got evidence that members of SF or PBP were involved?

The left were in no way responsible for this.

As per the Gardai (who i assume you believe) absolutely no evidence the left were involved.

There's as much evidence FG and FF supporters were there than SF. Absolutely none

Anyone who thinks SF supporters were at a March which the National Party were involved in should go see a doctor

As per the Gardai (who i assume you believe) absolutely no evidence the left were involved.

There's as much evidence FG and FF supporters were there than SF. Absolutely none

Anyone who thinks SF supporters were at a March which the National Party were involved in should go see a doctor

Distraction, he didn't deny YFG members were there on Saturday, the whole protest acted as a distraction

FF and FG supporters support the government, they would hardly be at a protest against the government?

Those at the protest don't vote for the two mainstream parties.

Floppybits wrote: »
    You are really letting your bias and hatred shine through here. The commissioner has retracted his statement from Saturday and yet here you are still beating that drum.

As you like to throw this out all the time have you got evidence that members of SF or PBP were involved?

The Commissioner said it wasn't organised by left-wing extremists. I don't disagree with him.

I am commenting on the likely voting history of those who attended.

FF and FG supporters support the government, they would hardly be at a protest against the government?

So in summary you havnt a clue who these peoole support (well we do know the National Party's supporters were there)

As much evidence FF and FG supporters were there than SF.

Those at the protest don't vote for the two mainstream parties

If they vote at all!

• Advertisement

Neither voter cohort wanted coalition with the other, the numbers who voted FF/FG and support the current coalition are two completely different things

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Do we not have any FF specific thread on Current Affairs? Will post here anyway - I know they haven't been doing well in Dublin in recent times anyway, but I'm sure they will find it pretty alarming to be under 10% in the capital.

Perhaps Dubs feel disrespected about having a Taoiseach from the real capital :D

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1365933039428268035?s=19

Even worse for them (and more surprising to me) 6% in Connacht-Ulster (behind the SDs):eek:
    https://gript.ie/voters-to-fianna-fail-in-new-poll-get-lost/
    They have literally swapped places with SF from where the two parties were round 15-20 years ago, SF now on 39% in C/U

There is an ongoing problem for this and successive govts as regards the economic viability of rural Ireland.
    It's fast becoming more of a wasteland with services and business being driven more and more towards the larger towns and the capital.
    BOI are the latest to announce major closures, following on from UB pulling out altogether.
    Post offices and many small business closures all over the place.
    Rural Ireland is fast becoming just a commuter belt for major cities and larger, not even county, provincial towns.
    While the economy is being driven this way I feel that house prices and rents in these large centers will only get higher and supply shorter.

https://www.thejournal.ie/bank-of-ireland-branch-closures-5368510-Mar2021/

This problem was made worse by doing away with home grown industry, much of which was based in rural Ireland.
    We should really try rejuvenate these areas, especially due to lessons learned, hopefully, from Covid. Such as people working remotely able to work anywhere, there's broadband, and the need to be self sufficient to a certain amount.

And it wasn't. No time to organise a dawn raid on his gaff of have a number of Garda make the exact same "mistake"?

She likely made that statement with zero evidence or information. She already has a questionable ethic due to her involvement with the Woulfe appointment.

More made up stuff :)

The Garda's own records state the protestors didn't want him there. He was being an opportunist.
    Do you mean Verona Murphy, the TD who wanted Asylum seekers put in education camps? The Verona Murphy accused of bullying? The Verona Murphy Varadkar campaigned for and FG get all cuddly with for support?
    By "a disparate group collecting members from both extremes of the political spectrum." do you mean Fine Gael?

And you finish with a claim based on nothing....

That's FF/SF covered.
    So what about people vote Fine Gael?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

There’s no ‘left’ or ‘right’ Republicans, only good Republicans.

Plenty of ‘good Republicans’ there it’s reported.

So she hasnt

• Advertisement

What nonsense are you talking

The answer is no she did not

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement