Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

blanch152 wrote: »
    He survived racism, homophobia and misogyny, which saw him get nominated for mayor.

A little bit of Covid denial and stoking protests won't stop him.

He hasn't retracted the comments supporting Gilroys patsy, he's toast,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

No he didn't. He's an idiot. You think anyone who criticises LV is racist and homophobic. Its like the boy who cried wolf. Takes away from legitimate people speaking up for minorities.

He didn't just criticise him though. He brought up his heritage and his sexuality to explain why he felt he wasn't suitable to be Taoiseach. That's a bit of a stretch to simply call that criticism with no undertones.

Fully agree that he is an idiot and that he won't be a part of SF much longer. The party won't want to be associated with what he is trying to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,300 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He hasn't retracted the comments supporting Gilroys patsy, he's toast,

No, he's not. He hoovers up a lot of votes for SF. Sure, Mary-Lou won't appoint him to cabinet, but she is not going to drop someone who appeals to her electorate and reflects their views.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,300 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    He didn't just criticise him though. He brought up his heritage and his sexuality to explain why he felt he wasn't suitable to be Taoiseach. That's a bit of a stretch to simply call that criticism with no undertones.

Fully agree that he is an idiot and that he won't be a part of SF much longer. The party won't want to be associated with what he is trying to sell.

He is a homophobic racist, but SF weren't bothered by that. He got sanctioned for misogynistic comments, not his previous on Varadkar. Even then, he was later proposed for mayor. Now he has come out in support of Covid-deniers, the same type of people who were throwing missiles, bottles and fireworks at the gardai today.

If SF lose people like him, they won't retain support, they will drift elsewhere, to the likes of Luke "no trousers" Flanagan and candidates like him.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

He is a homophobic racist, but SF weren't bothered by that. He got sanctioned for misogynistic comments, not his previous on Varadkar. Even then, he was later proposed for mayor. Now he has come out in support of Covid-deniers, the same type of people who were throwing missiles, bottles and fireworks at the gardai today.

If SF lose people like him, they won't retain support, they will drift elsewhere, to the likes of Luke "no trousers" Flanagan and candidates like him.

The pain is real

Have a drink

• Advertisement

No, he's not. He hoovers up a lot of votes for SF. Sure, Mary-Lou won't appoint him to cabinet, but she is not going to drop someone who appeals to her electorate and reflects their views.

He's only a Councillor, what's that in Dublin? 500votes? Sh1t you can live without,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

He's only a Councillor, what's that in Dublin? 500votes? Sh1t you can live without,

Yeah a chimp waving a triclolour would have got elected for SF last time; why bother with a guy that brings Holohan's baggage? Now that I think, the chimp would probably bring more intellectual heft to the ticket...

Yeah a chimp waving a triclolour would have got elected for SF last time; why bother with a guy that brings Holohan's baggage? Now that I think, the chimp would probably bring more intellectual heft to the ticket...

Ginger gonna ging?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Didn't Leo bring up people's sexuality as a reason why they'd not make suitable parents?

And it's not like Leo doesn't play the race card when it suits him also.

I agree Holohan is an absolute bellend, the Shinners should cut all ties.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Didn't Leo bring up people's sexuality as a reason why they'd not make suitable parents?

And it's not like Leo doesn't play the race card when it suits him also.

I agree Holohan is an absolute bellend, the Shinners should cut all ties.

I was talking about Paddy Holohan and what he said. Any comments on that, or is it always just back to Varadkar on here? Current Affairs Godwin's Law.

• Advertisement

I was talking about Paddy Holohan and what he said. Any comments on that, or is it always just back to Varadkar on here? Current Affairs Godwin's Law.

I've said he's a bellend and the Shinners should cut all ties.

Now that I've repeated it, let's talk about how you are discussing Holohan in a thread about FFG, I compared his comments with Leos in a thread about FFG and yet you want to imply that it's me thats veering off topic?

Dig up Bubb.

I've said he's a bellend and the Shinners should cut all ties.

Now that I've repeated it, you're discussing Holohan in a thread about FFG, I mentioned Leo in a thread about FFG and yet you want to imply that it's me thats veering off topic?

Dig up Bubb.

I was simply pointing out that it gets tiresome to read "yeah but what about Varadkar doing this" as your response to 90% of posts McMurphy. That was my point.

It is possible to respond to something without bringing him up you know.

Carry on though. Godwins Law must be adhered to.

McMurphys Law maybe :)

Do we not have any FF specific thread on Current Affairs? Will post here anyway - I know they haven't been doing well in Dublin in recent times anyway, but I'm sure they will find it pretty alarming to be under 10% in the capital.

Perhaps Dubs feel disrespected about having a Taoiseach from the real capital :D

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1365933039428268035?s=19

I was simply pointing out that it gets tiresome to read "yeah but what about Varadkar doing this" as your response to 90% of posts McMurphy. That was my point.

It is possible to respond to something without bringing him up you know.

Carry on though. Godwins Law must be adhered to.

McMurphys Law maybe :)

You mentioned Holohan making remarks about Leo's sexuality and race, I responded with a comparison on Leo, because he was one half of your point, and he has done the exact same things you're talking about Holohan doing. If Michaél Martin or Eamon Ryan had form, they might have gotten a mention, but as far as I know, neither of them have done something similar to Leo ie, infer homosexuals should not be allowed to marry, or question their right to parenthood. Similarly he's pulled out the race card more than a few times - hence why he was referred back to.

However, in saying that - If you find the mentioning Leo Varadkar, who is the leader of FG, and Tanaiste of the FFG govt "tiresome" in the thread that's literally about the FFG govt, you would probably be as well steering clear of this thread.

As previously mentioned, he's leader of FG and Tanaiste if the FFG govt, it's kind of inevitable that his name will pop up bubbs.

Do we not have any FF specific thread on Current Affairs? Will post here anyway - I know they haven't been doing well in Dublin in recent times anyway, but I'm sure they will find it pretty alarming to be under 10% in the capital.

Perhaps Dubs feel disrespected about having a Taoiseach from the real capital :D

Started one about a month ago but nobody bothered, cant even remember what I called it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The key message from the political talk shows this weekend is that the government needs to communicate on Covid with one voice. Way too many TDs causing confusion in various media channels. Some also suggested daily Covid updates on TV are overkill - I dont watch them but the general consensus is that these press updates are too preachy - they suggested these updates should be data only and less frequent. Real fear of non compliance as a result of government mixed messages and confusion.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Started one about a month ago but nobody bothered, cant even remember what I called it

Interesting enough that people are so indifferent towards them currently (either positive or negative) that a thread cannot be active enough on here.

Interesting enough that people are so indifferent towards them currently (either positive or negative) that a thread cannot be active enough on here.

MM and Donnelly are the only high profile and Donnelly seems to have just replaced Shane Ross as minister to ridicule,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's ignorant. The man is ignorant.
    I was speaking more broadly, not only about Holohan. It was implied in my use of the word 'anyone'.

The problem is it's tough to take people seriously when they have alternating standards based on who is doing the ****e talking.

• Advertisement

You mentioned Holohan making remarks about Leo's sexuality and race, I responded with a comparison on Leo, because he was one half of your point, and he has done the exact same things you're talking about Holohan doing. If Michaél Martin or Eamon Ryan had form, they might have gotten a mention, but as far as I know, neither of them have done something similar to Leo ie, infer homosexuals should not be allowed to marry, or question their right to parenthood. Similarly he's pulled out the race card more than a few times - hence why he was referred back to.

However, in saying that - If you find the mentioning Leo Varadkar, who is the leader of FG, and Tanaiste of the FFG govt "tiresome" in the thread that's literally about the FFG govt, you would probably be as well steering clear of this thread.

As previously mentioned, he's leader of FG and Tanaiste if the FFG govt, it's kind of inevitable that his name will pop up bubbs.

Ryan has used the 'N' word in the Dail. By a commentator on here, a Green supporter no less, anyone who uses such terminology in whatever context is just as bad. Ergo, Eamon Ryan is a racist. I disagree by the way but that's the nonsense logic we have to deal with in these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭BQQ

I would say the Green Party would be very concerned too
    Being gobbled up by FG
    Looks like they’re gonna get wiped out again for another decade or so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

Never mind FF that’s an alarming fall for the Greens. On those numbers they could be in for 2011 GE all over again next time we go to the polls. Their rural seats are already gone but FG have eaten their lunch in Dublin on those numbers

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

In UK secondary school kids are getting tested twice weekly, fand families of school going children can now avail of free pcr testing twice weekly

In Ireland, sure we will see how the first few weeks go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭Floppybits

In UK secondary school kids are getting tested twice weekly, fand families of school going children can now avail of free pcr testing twice weekly

Ah you are being a bit unfair there, there is an a form you have to fill out to say to the best of your knowledge your kid doesn't have any transmissible virus, so we are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

golfball37 wrote: »
    Never mind FF that’s an alarming fall for the Greens. On those numbers they could be in for 2011 GE all over again next time we go to the polls. Their rural seats are already gone but FG have eaten their lunch in Dublin on those numbers

Their stance on the mother and baby home report/commission has ruined them. Protecting the FFG legacy is so far from their mandate.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Not just yet. It starts March 8

Not just yet. It starts March 8

Tomorrow week, when does ours start?

Tomorrow week, when does ours start?

Free tests are available to everyone, should the need arise.

• Advertisement

Free tests are available to everyone, should the need arise.

PCR tests have instant results and don't need a referral by a doctor for a test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement