Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭nofools

Seweryn wrote: »
    Sure.

There are about 9 mln people die every year just from hunger. We prevent more deaths by sending humanitarian aids and food to poor countries. When economy collapses because of lock-downs the foreign aids will likely be cut. The deaths from hunger could double the numbers. That is just one example.

The economy will only collapse if we listen to the likes of you.

I will give you credit for such a spectacular change of subject though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sure.

There are about 9 mln people die every year just from hunger. We prevent more deaths by sending humanitarian aids and food to poor countries. When economy collapses because of lock-downs the foreign aids will likely be cut. The deaths from hunger could double the numbers. That is just one example.

What scares me most is the potential for grave austerity going forward and the effect that’s going to have on our everyday health and welfare systems. There’s a hell of a lot worse that can happen you than Covid and much more expensive difficult treatment. There’s no question many suffered from health cutbacks in 2008-2011- I don’t want us to return to that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Penfailed

road_high wrote: »
    At least you’re being honest- the situation benefits you so why would you live the negatives?

I’m sure the people that are actually suffering will be greatly comforted by your “feelings” but unfortunately that isn’t going to pay the mortgage, the rent, the loan that’s been deferred etc. If you were actually one of these you’d feel a hell of a lot differently I can assure you

...and what exactly does your post achieve? Does trying to belittle someone pay the mortgage/rent/loan of someone actually suffering? No? Didn't think so.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Didn’t I tell yas all a few weeks back that government were keeping tabs on us haha. Love being right! I’d be fairly certain this thread is lurked on too, that’s if we don’t already have a poster among us (g’day mate) ;)

It’s also funny that the scandal were not allowed talk about on this thread anymore is mentioned aswell!!!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40080437.html

What scares me most is the potential for grave austerity going forward and the effect that’s going to have on our everyday health and welfare systems. There’s a hell of a lot worse that can happen you than Covid and much more expensive difficult treatment. There’s no question many suffered from health cutbacks in 2008-2011- I don’t want us to return to that

If it scares you stop voting for it with your feet.

• Advertisement

nofools wrote: »
    You are voting with your feet to sustain that situation, earning fresh lockdowns.

It is you that is hurting their livelihoods with your carry on here.

What are you on about? Where did I say I wasn’t being careful to avoid Covid or spread it? This is the kind of moralising tripe we’ve been stomach pumped for the past 9 months and frankly I’m sick and tired of it. You do your thing- I’ll do mine.

Hi, as I said in a post which I made a few pages back I think it is very unfair to make people feel bad for the fact they are happy for things to continue as they are since they are benefitting and so on.

Going back to the office means stress, commutes, less money, children seeing less of their parents and so on. These people are fully entitled to be happy with their situation and I think it reflects very poorly on you for your attitude towards them.

As a person who spent much of the week away from my wife and child due to work (as in many nights most weeks) the last 9 months or so have very very beneficial for us and I refuse to be made feel I am wrong to be happy for this much improved situation.

I personally feel very bad for those out of work and I am not one for going overboard in my opinion on any aspect of the lockdown or positives/negatives but I feel what I’ve said needs to be highlighted

Horrible post and horrible attitude!

We have record levels of unemployment and record levels of debt building up. The country is entering a major recession.

People are going to lose their jobs, businesses, homes etc. Lives are going to be destroyed.

Young generations are going to be saddled with debt and the consequences of this.

But at least things are better for you... for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

The economy will only collapse if we listen to the likes of you.
    Can't remember speaking against re-opening the economy.
    I will give you credit for such a spectacular change of subject though.
    You can keep drilling the same line if you wish. It is not going to bring much more to the thread though...

Didn’t I tell yas all a few weeks back that government were keeping tabs on us haha. Love being right! I’d be fairly certain this thread is lurked on too, that’s if we don’t already have a poster among us (g’day mate) ;)

It’s also funny that the scandal were not allowed talk about on this thread anymore is mentioned aswell!!!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40080437.html

They will be studying this thread in 100 years times and hopefully laughing and not crying.

Fascinating to see people losing their **** over non issues.

Can't remember speaking against re-opening the economy.

You can keep drilling the same line if you wish. It is not going to bring much more to the thread though...

Unlike your enlightening speech on the danger of getting a bit of mask in your lungs as opposed to a bit of covid.

• Advertisement

We have record levels of unemployment and record levels of debt building up. The country is entering a major recession.

People are going to lose their jobs, businesses, homes etc. Lives are going to be destroyed.

Young generations are going to be saddled with debt and the consequences of this.

This fake moralising act is getting old.

What are you on about? Where did I say I wasn’t being careful to avoid Covid or spread it? This is the kind of moralising tripe we’ve been stomach pumped for the past 9 months and frankly I’m sick and tired of it. You do your thing- I’ll do mine.

You are totally against the restrictions are you not?

I think that post is refreshing in a way as it gets to the honesty of the situation (and that was not the posters intention) - they don’t have any problem with lockdowns as 1. They’ve benefited greatly from new working situations (and more luck to them) and 2. Have suffered no apparent financial setback.

So why in the name of god why would said turkey complain and vote for the proverbial Christmas?

You are totally against the restrictions are you not?

In their current ridiculous form and execution yes I am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Unlike your enlightening speech on the danger of getting a bit of mask in your lungs as opposed to a bit of covid.
    As opposed? Facts are simple. The virus goes through the holes as it is much smaller than the mask's pores. You can keep arguing about it forever if you wish.

In their current ridiculous form and execution yes I am

Well then my points stands that you are voting for what you fear.

If you earned an MSc you surely have the capacity to change you mind and stop being so stubborn about it all.

Promoting the one unpublished/rejected study you can find to back up your point in the face of all the real evidence against it.

It is an embarrassment if you try to hold yourself up as having any intellectual honesty and being careful to not catch or spread it.

Do you wear a mask yourself?

As opposed? Facts are simple. The virus goes through the holes as it is much smaller than the mask's pores. You can keep arguing about it forever if you wish.

There is a nice analogy about pissing with or without underwear on.

Check it out

I think that post is refreshing in a way as it gets to the honesty of the situation (and that was not the posters intention) - they don’t have any problem with lockdowns as 1. They’ve benefited greatly from new working situations (and more luck to them) and 2. Have suffered no apparent financial setback.

So why in the name of god why would said turkey complain and vote for the proverbial Christmas?

It’s great to see alright.

There have been plenty of posts on here from pro restrictions saying “Nobody actually enjoys lockdown “.

Well, that poster openly admitted that he does. And bless him, he does sympathise with the near half a million out of work...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,980 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

It's not supposed to make sense. Covid is killing very few people, and even then, those numbers are inflated. The danger of the virus is being massively exaggerated. This whole scam is being used to usher in changes you would of otherwise never accepted:

- Multiple dose RNA vaccinations, whether you need them or not (spoiler: you don't)
    - Digital IDs, Health Passports, and a slower move to cashless society.
    - Further control and tracking measures, all in the name of "public safety"

Regardless, if anyone thinks the real powers that be (ie not the Irish government) are just fumbling around trying to fight this "deadly virus"... well, I have a bridge to sell you :pac:

:eek: Backs out the door and closes it very very quietly.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

And so it begins.......

https://loudwire.com/ticketmaster-covid-19-vaccination-negative-test/

Conspiracy theorists are always crazy until they’re right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mikekerry

3xh wrote: »
    And so it begins.......

https://loudwire.com/ticketmaster-covid-19-vaccination-negative-test/

Conspiracy theorists are always crazy until they’re right.

Air travel will be Next.
    It's hard to believe but it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zf0wqv9oemuasj

It’s great to see alright.

There have been plenty of posts on here from pro restrictions saying “Nobody actually enjoys lockdown “.

Well, that poster openly admitted that he does. And bless him, he does sympathise with the near half a million out of work...

Hi, I think you are being a little unfair in your previous post and this one. I didn’t say I exactly enjoy lockdown either but the reality is that it has been very beneficial for me in my personal life and it’s hard to ignore this when I am assessing the pros and cons of the lockdown and so on.

I am willing to listen to all sides of the story and I am not for a second forgetting there are a lot of people doing badly but as I mentioned in that previous post a page or two back every situation no matter how positive it appears almost always has some who it impacts badly. With this in mind your attitude would suggest that nobody can ever say or think that they are happy with something as they are not thinking of those who it is not benefitting. I find it quite a strange and worrying attitude were it to become more common.

Horrible post and horrible attitude ^^^

Trying to shame people who aren't getting it tight. It would appear that you have to be doom and gloom about the whole thing to give the appearance of being empathetic. It's pathetic.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭patnor1011

charlie14 wrote: »
    Very biblical, but you should realise that a belief in any creed is primarily based on blind faith with no verifiable facts to back up that belief.

I have been posting verifiable facts whereas you and others who question those facts are putting forward nothing other than suppositions based on nothing other than discredited modelling figures and their own beliefs.

So perhaps look into your own heart brother before casting stones at others who do not have your blind faith :pac::pac::pac:

It is not biblical Charlie. :)
    It is a quote of a discussion between Long John Silver and Captain Flint from Black sails where they discussed how governments aka "civilisation" is ruling over masses employing invented overhyped fear and terror. Like what we can see unfolding in front of our eyes.
    In order to do so they need people who lap up some scary numbers which tell us nothing but sure look very scary.
    You posted and still posting your own "verifiable facts" which are out of context and do not really mean much in real world.
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    PS. I posted more pac emojis - did I win argument now?

It's about viral load. The mask catches more than it lets out. It's not going to get it all...but Tesco.

If it's so virulent that a medical mask is needed then it is not so impossible to believe most people have had covid already and rather than waiting for a vaccine, antibody testing should be rolled out to try and figure out how many people might have actually been infected already.

Antibody testing is a waste of time and resources.
    Spain, one of the hardest hit countries during the first wave antibody testing country wide using over 61,000 participants.
    Results on 6th. July showed just 5% of the population with Covid-19 antibody`s
    France from their testing showed the same

patnor1011 wrote: »
    It is a quote of a discussion between Long John Silver and Captain Flint from Black sails where they discussed how governments aka "civilisation" is ruling over masses employing invented overhyped fear and terror. Like what we can see unfolding in front of our eyes.
    In order to do so they need people who lap up some scary numbers which tell us nothing but sure look very scary.
    You posted and still posting your own "verifiable facts" which are out of context and do not really mean much in real world.

I would agree with you if only it weren't for the paranoia around the economy.

Plenty here are ruled by fear.

Penfailed wrote: »
    Horrible post and horrible attitude ^^^

Trying to shame people who aren't getting it tight. It would appear that you have to be doom and gloom about the whole thing give the appearance of being empathetic. It's pathetic.

Couldn't agree more

patnor1011 wrote: »

I could possible see some relevance in a biblical quote, but one from Treasure Island is cartoon comedy in relevance terms.
    You really do not have much of an idea what verifiable facts are if you believe they are personally owned.
    You are confusing verifiable facts with alternative facts.

Emojis good. Argument, not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Hi, I think you are being a little unfair in your previous post and this one. I didn’t say I exactly enjoy lockdown either but the reality is that it has been very beneficial for me in my personal life and it’s hard to ignore this when I am assessing the pros and cons of the lockdown and so on.

I am willing to listen to all sides of the story and I am not for a second forgetting there are a lot of people doing badly but as I mentioned in that previous post a page or two back every situation no matter how positive it appears almost always has some who it impacts badly. With this in mind your attitude would suggest that nobody can ever say or think that they are happy with something as they are not thinking of those who it is not benefitting. I find it quite a strange and worrying attitude were it to become more common.

You are proving a point that’s repeatedly stated here.

Some people lives have genuinely improved due to the restrictions.

There is now more money in savings accounts in Ireland than ever before, which is a disaster for the economy btw, but it’s due to people now being financially better off due to Covid.

Divide and conquer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement