Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Just delivered, didn't get the DPD 1 hour text.
    Packaging isn't great, rattling around the large cardboard box a bit so hopefully everything is ok.....can't open it for another 5 weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭RoryMac

DPD website showing Security Scan now from 8:20 this morning so some progress. Guessing its just the update system lagging behind.

Dublin 15 if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

cannco253 wrote: »
    Packaging isn't great, rattling around the large cardboard box a bit so hopefully everything is ok.....can't open it for another 5 weeks....

What? Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Got it
    Aww, such a good boi!

Nice dog, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

rob808 wrote: »
    it takes a day for it to show on your card.

I was charged for MM on 11th but money not back. Had to pay €80 again today. Just letting people know €160 is gone from me but I’m getting €80 back but if you’re talking €500 in limbo it’s a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

you'll have to check the parcel to make sure it's not damaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

WhoElse wrote: »
    you'll have to check the parcel to make sure it's not damaged?

And play something for a while just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

The actual internal packaging is fine, not as solidly compact as the Xbox, but protected more than enough I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If it's a present for your kids, you should really test it to see if it's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Seems to be multiple people now saying that when pushed, Gamestop will say it will arrive tomorrow. And Apparently Newstalk are going to discuss the gamestop disaster at lunch :)

https://twitter.com/jesskellynt/status/1329382177373646850

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Mine is on a van & due for delivery :D No text yet but I haven't stopped looking out the window today.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

DID down now too. I had one in the basket. I wonder if it'll stay in my basket until I get past the billing page or whether it can be sold from under me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cina wrote: »
    How come? haven't really been following things but I assume it's due to a bug?

yep quite a few PS5's have had database rebuild errors due to rest mode and it has bricked some consoles. For piece of mind disable the rest mode until a patch updates the rest mode to properly work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Each to their own but I think that's absolute madness getting you the ps5 then making you wait 5 weeks to play it, thats absolute torture!

I think I'd genuinely just pay the €500 myself and just let them get me something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Gonzo wrote: »
    yep quite a few PS5's have had database rebuild errors due to rest mode and it has bricked some consoles. For piece of mind disable the rest mode until a patch updates the rest mode to properly work.

Wasn't there a patch rolled out yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

siblers wrote: »
    If it's a present for your kids, you should really test it to see if it's OK.

Yeah test it for the next 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

My DPD delivery is due between 12.07 and 13.07....gonna be a long day in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Yes got mine delivered within the last hour

Deadly least I know now they are doing something there in regards to the ps5. Great you got it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Kanney wrote: »
    Wasn't there a patch rolled out yesterday

there was but no guarantee it fixed the rest mode issue, the patch notes just said something generic like 'improving PS5 performance'. I'm not taking chances when I get mine set up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Picked up mine this morning!

Fair play to Smyths for the whole process, no problems all the way along the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Gamestop have started sending out remaining emails for anyone still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

dan786 wrote: »

How do you know they are sending out the remaining emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Not received anything yet my end

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Where’d you hear that? I can see Newstalk are looking for people who haven’t been contacted. Seems they’re gonna cover the shambles that has been GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

Heres the gamestop email.

Attached was an invoice. Saying shipping date 19/11/20.
    So shipping today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

CSF wrote: »
    Where’d you hear that? I can see Newstalk are looking for people who haven’t been contacted. Seems they’re gonna cover the shambles that has been GameStop.

I just got an email there with UPS tracking. The label was created yesterday morning so looks like delay is on UPS side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Im glad I didn't go with Gamestop they seem to be a mess and same with Game UK some people won't get there ps5 today because of a courier they pick can't process them quickly for people in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

For delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Finally

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery, between 13:23 - 14:23

DPD - Dublin 6

Advertisement