Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Unearthly wrote: »
    Feel sorry for people with Gamestop. Have to admit I'm shocked gamestop are still around. It's like for each launch they try and out do themselves for being completely useless

I'm 50% annoyed got one console but no sign of my sons disc version. But helpfully we get sorted by the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Anyone that ordered the discless version in gamestop get it delivered yet? I have the disc version to be sent out whenever they bloody do it but curious on people who got to pay off the discless version before us with the disc version.

Yes got mine delivered within the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

dan786 wrote: »
    Gamestop getting hammered on FB and Twitter for taking payments but not actually sending out consoles

Good! They deserve it!
    Don't they realise that just keeping people in the loop if there were delays, would stop a lot of the bad feeling/anger... They need a better social media team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Friend of mine who ordered from Gamestop got delivery notification last night and delivered in North County Dublin just before 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

DPD 6W still nothing. Traveling through DPD network...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Just delivered with DPD in Galway City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

silvara wrote: »
    Try Tesco - they still have them in stock for collection or delivery from next Tuesday

Is that Irish Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

dan786 wrote: »
    Gamestop getting hammered on FB and Twitter for taking payments but not actually sending out consoles

Few people posting that they have got an email from GS now saying that while they were included in the lunch allocation they won't be getting their console and they don't have an ETA on when they will be getting more stock

You would think a company, in this day and age, wouldn't over commit and and takes peoples money without knowing full well they would be able to fulfil all of those orders.. shocking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbonaut

DPD D20

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery

Dpd Dublin South West

19/11/2020 at 9:26

No text with delivery time slot yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Few people posting that they have got an email from GS now saying that while they were included in the lunch allocation they won't be getting their console and they don't have an ETA on when they will be getting more stock

You would think a company, in this day and age, wouldn't over commit and and takes peoples money without knowing full well they would be able to fulfil all of those orders.. shocking stuff

Using it to keep themselves afloat. Not much use to people waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Those mails come through this morning? or a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Danick wrote: »
    Is that Irish Tesco?

Yes, was able to order one for the Galway store. Unsure how reliable they are for this sort of thing though

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Jimbonaut wrote: »
    DPD D20

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery

Dpd Dublin South West

19/11/2020 at 9:26

No text with delivery time slot yet.

You should get your text within the hour, that’s how mine went. Mine should be arriving any minute now. I’m currently looking out the window for the van!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

I wonder if there's a point continuing with Harvey Norman after an hour. I can't even tell if others got through or no one got through.

No one has been up in here talking about scoring one. Could be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dessler

Just got a DPD notification for delivery between 11.30 and 12.30. Normally for parcels from them I have the update much earlier. Keep the faith lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I wonder if there's a point continuing with Harvey Norman after an hour. I can't even tell if others got through or no one got through.

No one has been up in here talking about scoring one. Could be a good thing.

Someone in the other thread said Harvey Norman tweeted saying they've sold nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Someone in the other thread said Harvey Norman tweeted saying they've sold nothing yet.

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

sticker wrote: »
    Those mails come through this morning? or a few weeks ago?

https://twitter.com/theshhlap2_0/status/1329368000684756995?s=20

It does look like he received that email yesterday though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Massive queue at Smyths in Blanchardstown. Why oh why did I do C&C.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I've seen another post there saying they are blaming the courier.....which would make sense why nothing is being said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just missed DPD, he dropped it inside the gate, no phone call and don't think beeped the horn. So keep an eye out for them. Hopefully he didn't drop it from distance

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Not true. they made no such post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Wife just picked our pre-ordered PS5 up in Currys Fonthill. They had 25 units in stock, all pre-ordered. People who hadn't ordered one were joining the queue outside in the lead up to the store opening hoping they might be able to get one but staff were reguarly coming out and saying there was no point queueing if you hadn't got your name down.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

Cina wrote: »
    Massive queue at Smyths in Blanchardstown. Why oh why did I do C&C.

Planning to head to Fonthill Smyths for my own C&C but will leave it a bit later as I would imagine queuing will be considerable in the morning based on your update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

https://twitter.com/theshhlap2_0/status/1329368000684756995?s=20

It does look like he received that email yesterday though....

Ouch! - For once - No news is good news

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Dublin Jervis smyths is 20-30 minutes queue at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Just missed DPD, he dropped it inside the gate, no phone call and don't think beeped the horn. So keep an eye out for them. Hopefully he didn't drop it from distance
    yea sometimes they do that as long as they don't throw them and it not raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fumblydrummer

Got shipping confirmation from GS yesterday, but UPS still haven't received the package according to the tracker GS sent me

Label Created 17/11/2020 8:29 Ireland
    Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Smyths Cork has no queue this morning. In and out in 40 seconds. They nailed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Mines due from 11-13 with DPD from Smyths. They have been brilliant throughout the entire process.

Can’t see myself shopping in GameStop ever again given how they’ve handled and treated some of you guys over this launch.

Advertisement