Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Newstalk covering pre-orders and asking people to contact them with issues they are experiencing.

Should be a piece during the next hour on same.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Got a 'Your parcel has been incorrectly routed and will be rerouted' from DPD,
    I assume this means will be routed today, it's only up the road the Dublin south west depot

• Registered Users Posts: 16 plomino

BrentMused wrote: »
    Newstalk covering pre-orders and asking people to contact them with issues they are experiencing.

Should be a piece during the next hour on same.

being discussed on Newtalk in 5 minutes @ 13:05 newstalk.com/shows/lunchtime-live-234859

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

RoryMac wrote: »
    Drive safe Mr DPD!!!

Just got my ready for collection text, DPD man is playing a blinder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Shoutout to DPD & Smyths!! Now I just need to finish work early and get this thing powered up

Delivered Consignee

Dpd Dublin North West

19/11/2020 at 12:44

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Just got my ready for collection text, DPD man is playing a blinder

If its Parladh from DPD like mine, pass on my thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Kanney wrote: »
    Got a 'Your parcel has been incorrectly routed and will be rerouted' from DPD,
    I assume this means will be routed today, it's only up the road the Dublin south west depot

Might be tomorrow bit couldn't see it being later than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

Looks like Gamestop have officially responded to the situation on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Success. Just collected from Smyths. Nothing makes you more aware of your surroundings than carrying a highly sought after item.
    While the guy was getting mine and since there was no one behind me I asked if they got many. Think he said over 170. He said they got few extra disc and think 6 extra digital that ones chancing their arm got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Madman08 wrote: »
    Looks like Gamestop have officially responded to the situation on Twitter.

Atleast its something:) anyone else still waiting on there disc version shopping email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Just received mine! Ups Smyths delivery in Dublin. Their tracking yoke never updated from label created.. alls good now tho. Be spending lunch with my old friend mr Astrobot. Happy ps5 day all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mangan11

Just got to order one now from Amazon UK, says it will deliver Saturday. Still available on the site https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08H95Y452?pf_rd_r=HPPMTVNBE78981QR09S0&pf_rd_p=b1f0fb82-34c4-4290-8c13-535fb29d84d5&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »
    So, people who got GameStop emails for UPS yesterday, how long did it take from the label being generated to UPS actually confirming they have it?

Anyone know the answer to this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

My order is being rerouted and wont get it until tomorrow (DPD). My brothers order is for the same address but his is with UPS for some reason. And apparently they don't even have the package. Phoned Smyths and they said everything looks in order on their end but they would look in to it.

So 2 orders and 2 messed up, what are the chances

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

As seen 2 posts above yours, some times they don't update tracking at all properly

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

The fact you got the UPS mail yesterday and I got one today doesn't bode well for me today !!

stephenl15 wrote: »
    My order is being rerouted and wont get it until tomorrow (DPD). My brothers order is for the same address but his is with UPS for some reason. And apparently they don't even have the package. Phoned Smyths and they said everything looks in order on their end but they would look in to it.

So 2 orders and 2 messed up, what are the chances

I got this too, is it definitely for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

So dpd mentioned they'll deliver by 1... Its now 1.20... should i start getting worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Atleast its something:) anyone else still waiting on there disc version shopping email?

Still waiting, not too concerned on getting it on launch day because its a Christmas present but I'd like to know what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Kanney wrote: »
    I got this too, is it definitely for tomorrow?

DPD one should definitely be for tomorrow, I was speaking to DPD. At least their tracking is updated correctly to be fair.

UPS, God knows. Smyths say everything is in order on their end, but UPS say they never got the package and to contact Smyths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 plomino

plomino wrote: »
    being discussed on Newtalk in 5 minutes @ 13:05 newstalk.com/shows/lunchtime-live-234859

Nothing of worth was said. Just a lot of shrill nonsense. Caller doesn't know the difference between authorisation and charge. GS statement was fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

talking about preorders from gamestop on Newstalk right now if anyone is interested. Sounds like a mess.

EDIT: Post above this was listing too. Nonsense really.

DPD one should definitely be for tomorrow, I was speaking to DPD. At least their tracking is updated correctly to be fair.

UPS, God knows. Smyths say everything is in order on their end, but UPS say they never got the package and to contact Smyths

**** sake DPD. Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

My UPS order hasn't updated at all since Saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

GS better hope this is all sorted by the time stores re open or there will be war :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I've two PS5s getting delivered to my house today. One for a Christmas present for my son and the other one is for a mate who I gave a pre-order to. I can't play either of them. I didn't think I would mind but now I'm raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Madman08 wrote: »
    The fact you got the UPS mail yesterday and I got one today doesn't bode well for me today !!

No I got it today. I was wondering how quick it moved for the people who got it early afternoon yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

DPD may have shafted me I am dependent on the Driver's honesty promise that he'll come back at the end of his run!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Took me over 30min queue in smyths blanch at 11am today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think one thing that came from this is I think Smyths might get a bit more custom from those who were lucky enough to get a preorder from them.

Advertisement