Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

A few date changes for me but nothing major, had two items in ordered on Sunday due yesterday and didn’t arrive till this morning.. 8:15 and Amazon delivery dropped them off in reality only 11 hours late .
    Another delivery due to day pushed out till Monday ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭VG31

steve-o wrote: »
    Some delivery date shenanigans: I ordered an item on Monday that said priority shipping and delivery on Monday 11. They quietly changed that delivery date to Monday 18 and there's nothing on the tracking to indicate that the date changed. The original order email is the only evidence I have that I'm not losing my mind!

The same thing happened with one of my orders. Was due this Monday, changed to Monday 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭VG31

An order I placed with Amazon.de was shipped with An Post. It's my first Amazon order sent with AP since October. The tracking didn't show anything from Germany to Dublin. Anyone know if Amazon are avoiding the UK from Germany to Ireland? Items from Germany to Ireland would always get scanned in Rochester and/or St Helens before.
    Friday, 8 January
    3:53 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,

Wednesday, 6 January
    9:45 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Dormagen, NW DE
    5:03 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Dormagen, Cologne DE

Tuesday, 5 January
    Package has shipped

I have another Amazon.de order that was sent with Amazon Logistics and that was last scanned leaving an Amazon facility near Calais today so it will be interesting to see where that ends up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Has anyone come across any good sites that explain clearly custom charges above 150e?

I keep seeing reference to "where applicable" but I'd like to know in detail what the applicable conditions are.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Not amazon, but related, I submitted an order from aliexpress the other day, with it being shipped direct from belgium to Ireland, so within the eu.

Seller came back to me yesterday and said they can no longer ship from belgium to Ireland as the warehouse won't ship

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

j4vier wrote: »
    Has anyone come across any good sites that explain clearly custom charges above 150e?

I keep seeing reference to "where applicable" but I'd like to know in detail what the applicable conditions are.

Thanks

Post #5 https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058146415

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I bought pyjamas on Amazon for my wife before Christmas. They were 'from' the baby. Anyway, they were the wrong size (I had checked her current pyjamas but it seems different brands are different sizes :mad:).

I tried a while ago to return them and I was being charged £9 for returning them through An Post. Or free to do it yourself, and incur the cost of return that way. I was just going to try selling them here as the price in the first place was less than £20.

I just went in again to show my wife how Amazon are not doing free returns anymore and to my surprise it was free through An Post. I'm pretty sure I had picked the same reason last time, 'Ordered wrong style/size/colour'.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Really frustrating, a fire tablet would be with me on Monday of i lived in London.

24/1 as I'm in Dublin, even if it came a few days early...I missed prime delivery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

j4vier wrote: »

Thanks

https://www.moneyguideireland.com/irish-customs-duty-on-uk-online-purchases.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Wheety wrote: »
    I bought pyjamas on Amazon for my wife before Christmas. They were 'from' the baby. Anyway, they were the wrong size (I had checked her current pyjamas but it seems different brands are different sizes :mad:).

I tried a while ago to return them and I was being charged £9 for returning them through An Post. Or free to do it yourself, and incur the cost of return that way. I was just going to try selling them here as the price in the first place was less than £20.

I just went in again to show my wife how Amazon are not doing free returns anymore and to my surprise it was free through An Post. I'm pretty sure I had picked the same reason last time, 'Ordered wrong style/size/colour'.

Amazon has not changed their returns policy because of or since Brexit.
    They make all customers (UK / Ireland) pay for returns that are just cancelled orders (not wanted) . They have been doing that for about 5 years.
    Seems most people get around it by giving another reason.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

whiterebel wrote: »

Good but what the thread doesn’t mention is that it is the origin of the goods that decides what duty rate is payable, not where they are shipped from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Panrich

This is quite funny at this stage. I have been told that I'm entitled to a refund but I'm going to let it play out for a while longer to see what happens next.

Friday, 8 January
    6:00 PM
    Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster
    Stanford Le Hope, IE

Wednesday, 6 January
    11:36 PM
    Tamworth, GB
    8:31 PM
    Parcel left the carrier facility
    Stanford Le Hope, GB
    5:24 AM
    Out for delivery
    Stanford Le Hope, GB

Tuesday, 5 January
    4:15 AM
    Stanford Le Hope, GB
    1:28 AM
    Tamworth, GB

Monday, 4 January
    6:33 AM
    Tamworth, GB

Thursday, 31 December
    3:44 AM
    Stanford Le Hope, GB

Wednesday, 30 December
    3:48 AM
    Stanford Le Hope, GB

Monday, 28 December
    2:26 AM
    Herne-Boernig, DE

Sunday, 27 December
    8:15 PM
    Herne-Boernig, DE

Wednesday, 23 December
    8:00 AM
    Herne-Boernig, GB

Tuesday, 22 December
    8:00 AM
    Herne-Boernig, GB

Monday, 21 December
    2:00 PM
    Herne-Boernig, GB

Friday, 18 December
    10:17 AM
    Herne-Boernig, DE
    7:01 AM
    Frankfurt, DE
    5:29 AM
    Frankfurt, DE
    2:25 AM
    Nurnberg, DE
    1:21 AM
    Nurnberg, DE

Thursday, 17 December
    9:19 PM
    Tuchomerice, CZ
    6:13 PM
    Tuchomerice, CZ
    6:07 PM
    Tuchomerice, CZ
    Package has shipped

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Jesus, it's like a lost toy from Toy Story, travelling everywhere just to get home! I'd take the refund anyway, it won't impact the package arriving (assuming it still will). Call it 'emotional damages'.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Good but what the thread doesn’t mention is that it is the origin of the goods that decides what duty rate is payable, not where they are shipped from

It’s a starting point, I wasn’t getting into 400 pages about the origin rules.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Panrich

delly wrote: »
    Jesus, it's like a lost toy from Toy Story, travelling everywhere just to get home! I'd take the refund anyway, it won't impact the package arriving (assuming it still will). Call it 'emotional damages'.

You're probably right. It's 300 quids worth of Lego Technics so I shouldn't be too cavalier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Ordered 5 separate items from Amazon on the 2nd January, none have been dispatched yet. Delivery dates range from 18th - 22nd Jan.

And that's with "Prime Delivery"

Simply not worth it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

davo2001 wrote: »
    Ordered 5 separate items from Amazon on the 2nd January, none have been dispatched yet. Delivery dates range from 18th - 22nd Jan.

And that's with "Prime Delivery"

Simply not worth it anymore.

I have also seen a great increase in delivery times and today for the first time an item was not delivered as scheduled.

It used to be 2-3 days and now I am looking at 7-9 days. Surely it is not just Brexit causing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

tobeme2020 wrote: »
    Do I pay the seller or the Irish customs

Where I've had to pay duty on parcels, I've had to pay the postman who delivered the parcel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Have several orders waiting to be dispatched, all bought with prime free delivery. Delivery dates 11th, 12th , 22nd etc.

My prime is expiring tomorrow and I don’t think I’ll renew. Does anybody know will the existing orders be affected if I cancel.

Ta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

hkjohn wrote: »
    Where I've had to pay duty on parcels, I've had to pay the postman who delivered the parcel

It's been a long time when I had to pay the postman like this.... But I do remember having to have cash ready for the postman and putting some money in an envelope to keep it all together.

But has this been done away with? With all things covid... I hardly use cash anymore and surely it just increases contact the postman will have by collecting money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Have several orders waiting to be dispatched, all bought with prime free delivery. Delivery dates 11th, 12th , 22nd etc.

My prime is expiring tomorrow and I don’t think I’ll renew. Does anybody know will the existing orders be affected if I cancel.

Ta.

No, you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It's been a long time when I had to pay the postman like this.... But I do remember having to have cash ready for the postman and putting some money in an envelope to keep it all together.

But has this been done away with? With all things covid... I hardly use cash anymore and surely it just increases contact the postman will have by collecting money.

Yes it has been done away with. You can no longer pay the post person at the door.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Ogham wrote: »
    Amazon has not changed their returns policy because of or since Brexit.
    They make all customers (UK / Ireland) pay for returns that are just cancelled orders (not wanted) . They have been doing that for about 5 years.
    Seems most people get around it by giving another reason.:)

I know it has nothing to do with Brexit but it was brought up a while ago that free returns are gone, apart from damaged goods.

I tried before to return them and was being charged £9 so not sure why it became free again. The return is their Portlaoise address.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Wheety wrote: »
    I know it has nothing to do with Brexit but it was brought up a while ago that free returns are gone, apart from damaged goods.

I tried before to return them and was being charged £9 so not sure why it became free again. The return is their Portlaoise address.

Irish Times said they're fine but Amazon i think said they are still possible. In saying that most clothes used to offer free returns.....not anymore.

Something about if you have to return something and it goes to UK there are import duties payable. Shoukd affect the likes of Amazon, as you say you send to an Irish address for for the likes of M&M Direct who use a UK address...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does Parcel Motel still work? Looking at ordering something, and it'll be 22nd January if sent direct, or 13th January to Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 omegab

Same here, I've four different orders that were due to be delivered on Tuesday and it seems nothing has changed since before that in Essex for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

the_syco wrote: »
    Does Parcel Motel still work? Looking at ordering something, and it'll be 22nd January if sent direct, or 13th January to Parcel Motel.

No. They suspended deliveries from and to the UK. This has been known since December.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/1218/1185367-parcel-motel-brexit/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Panrich wrote: »
    You're probably right. It's 300 quids worth of Lego Technics so I shouldn't be too cavalier.
    Oh now you've piqued my curiosity. I got the Bugatti Chiron from Amazon UK just before Christmas and it did the rounds, originating in Slovakia if I'm not mistaken. It came eventually, but not before they gave me a £50 partial refund for it being late!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

The Amazon Sunday deliveries are great .. ordered on Thursday and it just arrived. Will be be keeping my orders cost on the low side but definitely will try to order products with Amazon delivery from here on in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭user302243

harr wrote: »
    The Amazon Sunday deliveries are great .. ordered on Thursday and it just arrived. Will be be keeping my orders cost on the low side but definitely will try to order products with Amazon delivery from here on in

What was the estimated delivery date? I'm wondering if they are padding them as all my estimated delivery dates are for 7+ days in the future. Previously it was mostly next day.

Advertisement