Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Ordered a thermometer for £21 which will be over the €22 threshold for new duties etc but luckily it is quoting delivery tomorrow :)

Amazon UK to South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

Ordered a thermometer for £21 which will be over the €22 threshold for new duties etc but luckily it is quoting delivery tomorrow :)

Amazon UK to South Dublin.

There are no duties. Only VAT is payable but you already pay Irish VAT on Amazon.

VG31 wrote: »
    There are no duties. Only VAT is payable but you already pay Irish VAT on Amazon.

Thanks, then why were people breaking up their orders so they were under the threshold?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058137116/30/#post115717415

Thanks, then why were people breaking up their orders so they were under the threshold?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058137116/30/#post115717415

They probably don't understand that you already pay Irish VAT on Amazon. It's only on items sold by Amazon. If you buy from a private seller you probably won't pay Irish VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Got a 3 items delivered to Carlow today and they were delivered by two seperate Amazon logistics drivers. Up to last week everything came via An Post. So looks like Amazon logistics have branched out wider than Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭marilynrr

I think it's because up until Christmas Eve we were told that there were going to be customs duties on all orders over €22 but then the Brexit trade deal that was agreed on the 24th said that we don't!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

marilynrr wrote: »
    I think it's because up until Christmas Eve we were told that there were going to be customs duties on all orders over €22 but then the Brexit trade deal that was agreed on the 24th said that we don't!

It hasn’t been ratified yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I have an item to return to Amazon. I ordered it using AddressPal. Now for return options, they offer:
    UPS Dropoff
    Hermes Drop off
    Royal Mail Drop off

I've probably used AddressPal for return before, but can't remember how to use it. Do I need to do this before 1 Jan?

EDITED TO ADD: got onto Chat and they issued a return label (and what looks like customs form) for An Post. Formatting is odd and have a problem printing it from the print button in the email. Will probably have to do screen grabs of images to print them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

OK,I had a voucher left on amazon.co.uk so I bought a light,value €49
    But its being delivered by 4px which I googled to be a Chinese courier
    Am I going to be charged duty etc on this?
    There was NOTHING on amazon to say it was in China and I was hoping from the UK it would get in before Friday at least to Dublin

Anyone know ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Nobotty wrote: »
    OK,I had a voucher left on amazon.co.uk so I bought a light,value €49
    But its being delivered by 4px which I googled to be a Chinese courier
    Am I going to be charged duty etc on this?
    There was NOTHING on amazon to say it was in China and I was hoping from the UK it would get in before Friday at least to Dublin

Anyone know ? Thanks

It should be obvious enough if it's coming from a 3rd country if you look at the seller (plus delivery won't always be free)

Item link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Got a delivery from Amazon UK this morning, ordered on the 24th, dropped this morning from An Post. Thumbs up to An Post here..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Orders the past two days have been delivered next day by an amazon delivery driver. Using a local warehouse?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

They have a warehouse in greenogue.

I think it just used to distribute orders that came from UK fulfillment warehouses. I don't think it carries stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Last parcel took 8 days to be dispatched and still waiting for delivery 9 days later, I thought things would have improved after Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Parcel left Amazon Germany on 13th December, still not delivered. Refunded yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fade Into You

Just got an email from DHL to say my parcel is now due for collection in the next week.

All the delivery times for me are much longer since today. 7-11 days instead of 1-3 before.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lucifer wrote: »
    They have a warehouse in greenogue.

I think it just used to distribute orders that came from UK fulfillment warehouses. I don't think it carries stock.

Amazon don't have any fulfillment centre in Ireland, so no it doesn't actually hold any stock.

You'd know if Amazon had a fulfillment centre, it would be the size of several football pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Cabaal wrote: »
    Amazon don't have any fulfillment centre in Ireland, so no it doesn't actually hold any stock.

You'd know if Amazon had a fulfillment centre, it would be the size of several football pitches.

That small :eek:

Wake me up when it's all over.

The one in Swansea is bigger than the eye can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

I ordered something from Amazon Spain on Monday evening and it arrived this morning, worked out cheaper than the UK site and got here faster than a lot of the stuff I've ordered from the UK site this last while and I pay for Prime there

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Just had a parcel show up that was sent on November 19th, I’d completely forgotten about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Just had a parcel show up that was sent on November 19th, I’d completely forgotten about it!

I'm renewing my hope so. I had one go missing. Sent on the 12th of November and still not delivered. I got a refund on it but here's hoping :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yep, that small :D

Here's EDI4 in Scotland, the UK has numerous others.
    There's a leisure centre and school to the left about a mile away, there are two football pitches just above those for a size comparison :)

https://goo.gl/maps/2JKRMBKefHBwpk3t9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm renewing my hope so. I had one go missing. Sent on the 12th of November and still not delivered. I got a refund on it but here's hoping :D

I no longer care about Amazon deliveries. I used to get up early, waiting by the front of the house all day, ready to rush to the door. Now if they happen to pass by and i miss them, so be it - I will just take the refund and reorder. I have at least two Christmas orders outstanding but I just don't care.

Someone elsewhere gave me this link to alternatives to Amazon but I forgot about it for this Christmas. I will try some next time I need something (haven't tried any yet). https://ethicalrevolution.co.uk/amazon-alternatives/ Of course, I don't know whether the delivery people they use are any better than what Amazon use, but perhaps they pay their taxes at least.

Louche Lad wrote: »
    I no longer care about Amazon deliveries. I used to get up early, waiting by the front of the house all day, ready to rush to the door. Now if they happen to pass by and i miss them, so be it - I will just take the refund and reorder. I have at least two Christmas orders outstanding but I just don't care.

Someone elsewhere gave me this link to alternatives to Amazon but I forgot about it for this Christmas. I will try some next time I need something (haven't tried any yet). https://ethicalrevolution.co.uk/amazon-alternatives/ Of course, I don't know whether the delivery people they use are any better than what Amazon use, but perhaps they pay their taxes at least.

Wait by the door for a delivery? What a time to be alive.

If I'm home I collect, if not they either hand to a neighbour or revisit - doesn't mean the order is 'lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Seems like anything with a battery can no longer be delivered to Ireland, if that's the case Prime is dead to me. Happy Brexit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭harr

Dave..M wrote: »
    Seems like anything with a battery can no longer be delivered to Ireland, if that's the case Prime is dead to me. Happy Brexit!
    It used to be just individual replacement batteries that I had trouble with . Always used a virtual U.K. service to get around it . It would be a pain if like you say if everything with batteries is no longer available. What is the reasoning for that ? I can order battery powered items from the US no problem and other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

harr wrote: »
    It used to be just individual replacement batteries that I had trouble with . Always used a virtual U.K. service to get around it . It would be a pain if like you say if everything with batteries is no longer available. What is the reasoning for that ? I can order battery powered items from the US no problem and other countries.

No idea, I was just randomly checking items in my list and battery items (e.g. phones and such ) said they no longer delivered here (similar notice to what you'd get if you picked a ROKU previously), also delivery on other items by the 13!!!

• Advertisement

Really hoping the 2 week delivery window is a temporary thing. Got used to next or 2 day delivery :(

Advertisement