Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,361 ✭✭✭corkie

Thankfully I neither want or need anymore of them, I'm all done for this year.

I don't have a de account but the drives are available from them too.

You can log on to all European amazons with same UK details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

corkie wrote: »
    You can log on to all European amazons with same UK details.

Thanks, didn't know that.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Bastards rang me at half 8 this morning to deliver a package that wasn't' due til tomorrow. Sneaky dispatch overnight.

I was both happy and sad that my hungover sleep-in was interrupted!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Ordered something almost a month ago from a seller on Amazon. And I'm still waiting. Not sure if it's an An Post delivery issue or not as they've been slow enough lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

Hi,
    With Brexit, moving to Amazon germany, so .de. Used the them before fine sometimes faster.

Am thinking about buying prime for my .de account, never had prime before. Hoping I get 100% free shipping and the odd discount. Says 69/year so about 8 purchases and I will have 'saved' on the shipping costs.

Anyone else use prime on .de? Any hidden issues things I should be aware of ? I know it's free for a montht to try, but just asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    With Brexit, moving to Amazon germany, so .de. Used the them before fine sometimes faster.

Am thinking about buying prime for my .de account, never had prime before. Hoping I get 100% free shipping and the odd discount. Says 69/year so about 8 purchases and I will have 'saved' on the shipping costs.

Anyone else use prime on .de? Any hidden issues things I should be aware of ? I know it's free for a montht to try, but just asking.

Shipping via prime on DE is free in Germany. 8 euro I think to ireland. So that's something to factor in

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Amazon decided to send the latest parcels with UPS but UPS have suspended delivery to Ireland over the new variant so they are stuck in Germany and Poland for who knows how long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭harr

Ordered a new hair clippers on Sunday night , not needed for Christmas or anything. It said delivery would be Tuesday morning which I had my doubts and wasn’t expecting it till after Christmas.
    8:45 this morning knock on door and sure enough delivery in less 48 hours on Christmas week .. couldn’t believe it.
    Are Amazon doing own deliveries? It wasn’t the post man or the usual delivery companies.
    I wouldn’t mind but I am still waiting on stuff I ordered 8 days ago ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

There is no Prime delivery from .de or any other European Amazon sites to Ireland, only the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep, the really fast stuff is Amazon Logistics. You must be in Dublin/Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭harr

ED E wrote: »
    Yep, the really fast stuff is Amazon Logistics. You must be in Dublin/Leinster.

In kildare , yeah first time Amazon logistics delivered to me .. handy as well you could see on the maps where he was and how many stops away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

Wheety wrote: »
    There is no Prime delivery from .de or any other European Amazon sites to Ireland, only the UK site.
    I know we are small, but really would have expected them to have something to 'help' Irish people, suppose they know full well we are addicted to shopping with them.

I don't know if its mentioned anywhere else on the thread, but there is an app - Hagglezon - which price checks items across all the amazon's for the best price of an item.

It doesn't list postage, but its a very handy. I've already treated myself to a leather handbag from amazon italy - with free postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,361 ✭✭✭corkie

I don't know if its mentioned anywhere else on the thread, but there is an app - Hagglezon - which price checks items across all the amazon's for the best price of an item.

It doesn't list postage, but its a very handy. I've already treated myself to a leather handbag from amazon italy - with free postage.

They have a website as well: - https://www.hagglezon.com

Another option that opens browsers tab for each EU site.

http://euzon.eu/ ~~ Crap Windows 10 App as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭wandererz

Ordered stuff and was delivered next day or thereabouts.
    Is most stuff being stocked in the Irish warehouse these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Are Amazon delivery everything to Dublin themselves? If I ordered something small and they posted it with the customs declaration sticker on it, could An Post still look for €10 for processing the item?

wandererz wrote: »
    Ordered stuff and was delivered next day or thereabouts.
    Is most stuff being stocked in the Irish warehouse these days?

Its taking 1-5 flights overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

Just returned an item to Amazon, originally given a UPS Barcode, went out ti UPS Dublin base in Finglas, they would not accept it, went online and within 20 mins Amazon CS sorted and issued me with AN POST LABEL VIA email, printed it off and brought it to my local post office. The refund issued within 24 hrs,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

ED E wrote: »
    Its taking 1-5 flights overnight.

Are Amazon operating cargo flights into Dublin airport? Would have figured that they use ground shipping via trucks from the various warehouses in the UK.

N64 wrote: »
    Are Amazon operating cargo flights into Dublin airport? Would have figured that they use ground shipping via trucks from the various warehouses in the UK.

At least some of it is via air. Wouldn't be possible to do the journeys via road and the FCs are all named after a nearby airport for a reason.

Their own planes only operate in the US so its DHL/Lufthansa etc doing the routes here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I had an Amazon Prime trial which expired at midnight.

Placed an order for several items fulfilled by Amazon on 16/12. Delivery date was initially 23/12, then changed to 28/12. 'Priority Delivery', still not dispatched.

Placed another order on 18/12, again fulfilled by Amazon. Delivery date pushed out to 4/1 and still not dispatched.

I'm in Mayo so they won't be delivered by Amazon Logistics. I actually let my Prime subscription renew for a month to avoid delivery charges on the second order and because there are a few more things I need from them, but I'm seriously unimpressed by this.

Printed off a return label here for an item this morning. They now have their Customs Labels to be printed out in addition to the regular return label.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Ordered a Karcher accessory on the 21st of December on Amazon De, was pleasantly surprised to have it delivered by An Post this morning, wasn't expecting it until the New Year tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Another shout out to An Post.
    Ordered an item Tuesday night on Amazon.co.uk
    Delivered this morning.
    That is pretty impressive.
    I know there may be the odd delay, but overall I think An Post have done a fantastic job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

leeside11 wrote: »
    Ordered a Karcher accessory on the 21st of December on Amazon De, was pleasantly surprised to have it delivered by An Post this morning, wasn't expecting it until the New Year tbh..

Were you using prime or just the regular free delivery? Browsing their site there, and seems Prime only has free 2-day delivery for Benelux and Germany on the .de website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

On Christmas Eve an Echo Dot arrived from Amazon that I ordered back on November 20th! Had given up on it so got a refund on it at least 2 weeks ago. Can beat a freebie!

It was an Amazon Prime delivery and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

sdanseo wrote: »
    Were you using prime or just the regular free delivery? Browsing their site there, and seems Prime only has free 2-day delivery for Benelux and Germany on the .de website.

Just the regular free delivery which is why I was surprised by its quick arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭obi604

Not sure if valid for this forum.

Trying to buy a power bank from Amazon UK, but none seem to ship to Ireland. Normally you get a few that don’t ship, but this seems to be all of them.

Is this something to do with Brexit or something linked with the shipping of a battery type item and hazardous etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

obi604 wrote: »
    Not sure if valid for this forum.

Trying to buy a power bank from Amazon UK, but none seem to ship to Ireland. Normally you get a few that don’t ship, but this seems to be all of them.

Is this something to do with Brexit or something linked with the shipping of a battery type item and hazardous etc?

Really doubt you've ever found many powerbanks that will ship to Ireland as they mostly come by air and they are considered hazardous.

If you are lucky you can find a supplier on Amazon that charges for delivery who ignores the regulations and will ship anyway or ships with someone that doesn't fly stuff over.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭NATLOR

leeside11 wrote: »
    Just the regular free delivery which is why I was surprised by its quick arrival.

There is no free delivery from Amazon D.E

Advertisement