Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

djr wrote: »
    Has this happened to anyone else today? I just got refunded to my bank by Google for the full price of the pixel 5, €618. The order is still valid on the Google store page, no change and it still says due for delivery on 16/19 October. I ordered on the 30th of September and my bank had the funds 'held' straight away. The transaction was pretty much bang on 1 week ago, I ordered a few hours after the unveiling.

Google mentioned something about only taking payment as the order is processed (i.e. when the phone is ready for delivery). The initial charge was a temporary hold. As far as I know, if you buy something by card, the seller has 7 days to claim the money. If they don't do so, the money gets returned to your account.
    Don't worry, they'll take your money soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Same thing happened to me, it's disappeared from my pending transactions, but as others have said, that's normal.

My money was also reverted from Revolut. To be fair, it always said on Revolut that it would be returned in 7 days if not claimed by Google, and I'd only expecting them to charge when it ships.

Now I'm hoping enough people cancel their preorders so I can get in on the first batch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 username3

I bought with a debit card for some strange reason, will this just result in it coming out twice and the first one taking an age to come back in to my account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I wonder when the embargo is up. Surely has to be before they start shipping them in mid October?

username3 wrote: »
    I bought with a debit card for some strange reason, will this just result in it coming out twice and the first one taking an age to come back in to my account?

The first hold will come back after a week. If it ships during that time, then Google will just take it and keep it, there won't be a second charge.

The way it's looking, everyone will have the first charge reverted after a week, then another charge on shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Quick video showing the cameras and screen.

Guy said he signed an NDA and can't offer any opinions. Dying for this embargo to end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_WLcvgXXDE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's a wonder that if this phone is any good, they aren't letting anybody say so.

flazio wrote: »
    It's a wonder that if this phone is any good, they aren't letting anybody say so.

Embargoes are common on both good and bad phones.

• Advertisement

My Spigen Rugged Armor has arrived, a good month before I'll get the phone :pac:

It really is a small device, the case is smaller than anything else I have here, including my Huawei P8 Lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Basil3 wrote: »
    My Spigen Rugged Armor has arrived, a good month before I'll get the phone :pac:

It really is a small device, the case is smaller than anything else I have here, including my Huawei P8 Lite.

Yeah i have one of them on my current phone good case but doesnt seem to be available on amazon yet well till late october any way may settle for the caseology legion

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

The Pre-Order button is enabled guys! For those of you wanting to order one.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

It's a miracle, I actually managed to pre-order a Pixel 5 (Just Black). It says it will be delivered by 18–19 Nov.

Only black unfortunately. We may have seen the end of the green knowing Googles supply issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

Finally got my order in. Just black

Money's gone back out for my order. Delivery still says 16-19th.

Money's gone back out for my order. Delivery still says 16-19th.

Same thing.
    More got refunded this morning, and then taken about an hour later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I have spigen cases on my PIXEls 1 and 2 and think they're great. But looking at something maybe a bit nicer for the 5. Anyone know these guys, Mous?

https://uk.mous.co/products/lim-3-protective-google-pixel-5-case?userRedirect=GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Mine has just been reverted to my revolut.

Delivery is down for the 10-11th November, hoping it will be drawn down again in the next few days. We wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'm trying to buy online but both Vodafone and Google Store are saying out of stock?

The money has come out of my account again, a good sign! My delivery date is shown as 13th-19th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Mine down as 16th to 19th for delivery. The hold on my card was returned last week but hasn't been taken out yet for this week...

Alun wrote: »
    The money has come out of my account again, a good sign! My delivery date is shown as 13th-19th October.

When did you order? Mine still shows at 16th-19th and I ordered before the event even finished :(

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭djr

i ordered on the day of the announcement, had the funds returned a week later, but taken again on saturday night. estimated delivery still says 16-19th of october

When did you order? Mine still shows at 16th-19th and I ordered before the event even finished :(
    I ordered on the night of the event, my confirmation email is dated 30/9/2020 at 20:11.

Alun wrote: »
    I ordered on the night of the event, my confirmation email is dated 30/9/2020 at 20:11.

Well damn. Mine is Wed, Sep 30, 7:28 PM. Hope it comes a bit sooner than Friday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Ordered at 22:30 on the 30th - Delivery expected Nov 3rd / 4th.

• Advertisement

Ordered on Oct 4th, but included a case in my order
    Case is due for delivery between Oct 16th - 19th, and can't be cancelled
    Phone is due for delivery between November 11th - 12th, and can be cancelled

All money was reverted to my Revolut account yesterday (7 days after order), and all money was then taken from my account a few hours later.
    The realist in me, presumes that's because the case is getting delivered
    The optimist hopes that because I also ordered a case, both will be delivered this week

Advertisement