Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Hallowed wrote: »
    The lack of stock on Google store is becoming tiresome especially when Vodafone seem to have no such issues.

Avoid Vodafone if possible- Any future possible repairs with Vodafone are a nightmare & will result in being without a phone for a period of time

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

Turns out there is in fact an embargo on reviews.

https://twitter.com/TotallydubbedHD/status/1313139871553290240?s=20

I wonder does that mean we can expect the phone to be back in stock after the 14th?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Basil3 wrote: »
    That's the green one?

No, I went with the black one

Echoes675 wrote: »
    No, I went with the black one

Ah ok. I think I preordered earlier than you, and directly through Google. Will be interesting to see if you get yours from the carrier a month ahead of me. I expect some of these delivery dates to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

Echoes675 wrote: »
    I've ordered through my carrier so money wont be taken until my next bill date. My phone is due to arrive on the 15th, exactly 14 days after I ordered it

Who is your carrier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I pre ordered the Sage version out of panic and hype during the actual show. After seeing all the pictures of the Sage taken from shops in the UK I now find myself checking the google store daily in the hope they restock the black so i can cancel my sage :pac:

Anyways, with regards to the Bose deal. You can only apply for it with your IMEI number so you need the phone in hand before making the claim. Just FYI for anyone that didn't realise.

Guys! Quick! Pixel 5 available for preorder now! I managed to place an order (Just Black only).

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

Managed to click preorder and then basket empty when I went to pay.

Hallowed wrote: »
    Managed to click preorder and then basket empty when I went to pay.

Really? I still see it available for pre-order! Here: https://store.google.com/config/pixel_5?hl=en-GB

Click select and then add to basket.

danicm wrote: »
    Really? I still see it available for pre-order! Here: https://store.google.com/config/pixel_5?hl=en-GB

Click select and then add to basket.

Sorry! I tell lies! For some reason it had redirected me to the UK store after I made the purchase. But I definitely bought from the IE store.

Keep an eye on it and eventually you'll get in, use the UptimeRobot trick mentioned previously, that's how I got notified and placed the order in a matter of seconds.

• Advertisement

danicm wrote: »
    Sorry! I tell lies! For some reason it had redirected me to the UK store after I made the purchase. But I definitely bought from the IE store.

Keep an eye on it and eventually you'll get in, use the UptimeRobot trick mentioned previously, that's how I got notified and placed the order in a matter of seconds.

What's your estimated delivery date?

What's your estimated delivery date?

Ages! Delivery Nov 18–19

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Scirpt wrote: »
    Who is your carrier?

Vodafone UK. Was due the upgrade for ages, just kept my current contract rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

youngblood wrote: »
    Avoid Vodafone if possible- Any future possible repairs with Vodafone are a nightmare & will result in being without a phone for a period of time

You don't need to go to Vodafone for the repair, you can go direct to Google even if the phone was purchased with Vodafone.

How reliable are the delivery dates?
    The phone is due to be released in the UK next week.
    My delivery date is November 11th.
    Any chance for it being released next week

How reliable are the delivery dates?
    The phone is due to be released in the UK next week.
    My delivery date is November 11th.
    Any chance for it being released next week

Who knows. I'd expect UK users to get theirs next week, based on the guy on YouTube who already has the handset from Vodafone over there.

I have the same delivery date as you, but am hoping it moves in a bit earlier. This happens quite often with Google stuff that has a delivery date which is a long way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

From this the battery seems to be excellent.

https://twitter.com/TotallydubbedHD/status/1313034913675980800?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

JTMan wrote: »
    You don't need to go to Vodafone for the repair, you can go direct to Google even if the phone was purchased with Vodafone.

You can but you wont get a phone to replace yours while you wait.

You will have the opportunity to get a replacement handset almost immediately with Google once you give pre authorisation
    Vodafone dont offer this service, ever

• Registered Users Posts: 32 username3

Anyone that has ordered on release (30th September)
    Will you submit the headphones claim on the 14 October regardless of whether you get it?
    It's hard to wait until I get the phone for the IMEI when it has the dreaded "while stocks last" in the t&c..

On a sidenote, I have a suspicion the phones due for (Delivered by 16–19 Oct) will be delivered before that. They don't want people having an easy "cancel order" option after the iphone launch on the 13th.

Also those who have November dates, I ordered a pixel 4a for a family member and was given a late October delivery date and it came last week. I think it just means you are in the second batch of shipping.

username3 wrote: »
    Anyone that has ordered on release (30th September)
    Will you submit the headphones claim on the 14 October regardless of whether you get it?
    It's hard to wait until I get the phone for the IMEI when it has the dreaded "while stocks last" in the t&c..

On a sidenote, I have a suspicion the phones due for (Delivered by 16–19 Oct) will be delivered before that. They don't want people having an easy "cancel order" option after the iphone launch on the 13th.

Also those who have November dates, I ordered a pixel 4a for a family member and was given a late October delivery date and it came last week. I think it just means you are in the second batch of shipping.

I talked to support, and they said you had to wait for 2 weeks after receiving the device before making the claim, to make sure you're past the cooling off period where you can return the phone. I told them I wouldn't want the phone if I couldn't get the headphones, and they said that I won't have any issues getting them. Still very messy.

Has anyone here actually got a shipping date of Oct 16-19 for a black one direct from Google? I ordered on the 30th, and mine is down for November 11-13, which is a long way after the release date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Has anyone here actually got a shipping date of Oct 16-19 for a black one direct from Google? I ordered on the 30th, and mine is down for November 11-13, which is a long way after the release date.

Mine is 16-19 for Sorta Sage, ordered right after the presentation. The money is out of my account (BOI) as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Find it very frustrating that there's no kind of notification service for stock availability. Just seems pot luck. Trying to get one of these ordered, along with a 4a :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 username3

I talked to support, and they said you had to wait for 2 weeks after receiving the device before making the claim, to make sure you're past the cooling off period where you can return the phone. I told them I wouldn't want the phone if I couldn't get the headphones, and they said that I won't have any issues getting them. Still very messy.

Cheers for the info.

I got Oct 16-19 for a black off Google. Ordered night of presentation also.
    They took the money from my boi immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes. I ordered mine on 30th September just after 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Alun wrote: »

Same here. The hold is still on my credit card for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Alun wrote: »

Same here. The hold is still on my credit card for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I ordered mine on the 4th of October and my estimate shipping time is the 18–19 of November and according to redemption page the claim form for the headphones opens on the 13th of October. Does that mean who ever ordered on launch night will have first dibs on the headphones or will there be plenty of stock left over for late comers like myself?

I have to admit that term "while stocks last" doesn't fill me with confidence and I've a horrible feeling lots of people are going to be left disappointed unless the delivery dates are changed to October.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

Still haven't got an order in on Google store. I have uptime robot set up but nothing the last 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭djr

Has this happened to anyone else today? I just got refunded to my bank by Google for the full price of the pixel 5, €618. The order is still valid on the Google store page, no change and it still says due for delivery on 16/19 October. I ordered on the 30th of September and my bank had the funds 'held' straight away. The transaction was pretty much bang on 1 week ago, I ordered a few hours after the unveiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

djr wrote: »
    Has this happened to anyone else today? I just got refunded to my bank by Google for the full price of the pixel 5, €618. The order is still valid on the Google store page, no change and it still says due for delivery on 16/19 October. I ordered on the 30th of September and my bank had the funds 'held' straight away. The transaction was pretty much bang on 1 week ago, I ordered a few hours after the unveiling.

Usually companies put a hold on your card to test it and it will drop off after 7 days if they don't claim the money (which would make sense with a preorder). Sounds totally normal and they should put the charge through once it ships.

Advertisement