Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭WEST

Looking at the Google store, it says "Order Google Pixel 5 by 19/10/2020 or a Pixel 4a (5G) between 5/11/2020 and 18/11/2020 (Limited Stock offer) and receive a pair of Bose headphones on us."
    I'm still not decided if I will buy a Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a 5G but if I go with the Pixel 4a 5G, do you have to wait till the 05/11/2020 before ordering it or can I order it now and still avail of the Bose offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Why would you go 4a 5g over the pixel 5.

Other than not wanting to spend the extra. which is perfectly valid. Just wondering was there another reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

This is from the Ts&Cs of the claim page TLDR: you need an IMEI and it's from 14 days of the purchase of the product.

"To take part in the Promotion, Participants must submit a claim for the Reward from 14 to 45 days after the purchase of the Qualifying Product ("Claim Period") at pixel-offers.com/bose ("Claim"). In order to complete the Claim form, the Participant must provide their full name and postal address where the Reward should be delivered and upload a proof of the order such as a copy of the receipt or invoice from the Participating Retailer. Participants must also upload an image of the IMEI number of the Qualifying Product which can be found on the packaging box and/or the Qualifying Product settings.

For the avoidance of doubt, the date of purchase shall be considered day 1 for the purposes of the Promotion. As such the last day to submit a Claim for a Qualifying Product ordered on 30 September is 12 November 2020 (23:59 - BST)."

beauf wrote: »

Other than not wanting to spend the extra. which is perfectly valid. Just wondering was there another reason.

I would say it's not simply about not wanting to spend the extra, but whether the extra features are worth the extra €120.

Also, some people might prefer the larger screen and/or the headphone jack on the 4a.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

But from what I can see most of the pre-order phones aren't scheduled to be delivered until after November 12th. Hopefully not some deliberate tactic to avoid people getting headphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭WEST

The larger screen and headphone jack might sway me towards the 4a 5G. I currently have bluetooth in-ear earphones but I'd like the option to fall back to wired earphones if required.

Also I never had the "premium" features such as wireless charging or a screen with a high refresh rate that you get with the Pixel 5 so I don't miss what I never had.

JDxtra wrote: »
    But from what I can see most of the pre-order phones aren't scheduled to be delivered until after November 12th. Hopefully not some deliberate tactic to avoid people getting headphones.

Yeah seems to be the case.

Except me :P I have October 16th-19th but its an i'll believe it when I see it kind of thing :pac:

What the release dates are for the 4a5G release i know it was different from the 5

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Wireless charging for me.

The IP rating would always make it worth the €120 for me.

The IP rating would always make it worth the €120 for me.

Never have I once in all my time of having smartphones had a phone stop working because of water, dust etc. What are you guys doing with your phones?! :pac:

• Advertisement

This is from the Ts&Cs of the claim page TLDR: you need an IMEI and it's from 14 days of the purchase of the product.

"To take part in the Promotion, Participants must submit a claim for the Reward from 14 to 45 days after the purchase of the Qualifying Product ("Claim Period") at pixel-offers.com/bose ("Claim"). In order to complete the Claim form, the Participant must provide their full name and postal address where the Reward should be delivered and upload a proof of the order such as a copy of the receipt or invoice from the Participating Retailer. Participants must also upload an image of the IMEI number of the Qualifying Product which can be found on the packaging box and/or the Qualifying Product settings.

For the avoidance of doubt, the date of purchase shall be considered day 1 for the purposes of the Promotion. As such the last day to submit a Claim for a Qualifying Product ordered on 30 September is 12 November 2020 (23:59 - BST)."

That's weird, when I go to that page I'm seeing ...
    Claiming a Reward

1. To take part in the Promotion, Participants must submit a claim for the Reward from 14 to 45 days after receipt of the Qualifying Product ("Claim Period") at pixel-offers.com/bose ("Claim"). In order to complete the Claim form, the Participant must provide their full name and postal address where the Reward should be delivered and upload a proof of the order such as a copy of the receipt or invoice from the Participating Retailer. Participants must also upload an image of the IMEI number of the Qualifying Product which can be found on the packaging box and/or the Qualifying Product settings.

and in the order confirmation email I got from Google it clearly states ...
    Important: If you’ve purchased a Google Pixel 5, you may be eligible to submit a claim for a pair of Bose QC 35 II wireless headphones on us. To redeem, follow the steps on the redemption page between 14 to 45 days after delivery. Available while stocks last. Terms apply*.

Clearly if they expect you to provide the IMEI, it would be a little tricky to do so if you haven't even received the phone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I've already been charged for my Pixel 5. I thought google didn't take payment til dispatch?

Cina wrote: »
    I've already been charged for my Pixel 5. I thought google didn't take payment til dispatch?

Did the take the money or just put a hold on the card? they did say there is a hold put on it havent checked to see if its gone from mine yet

Yeah, it's gone from my Revolut, but it also says it will be reversed if not claimed by Google with 7 days. I'm assuming it will come back to me in a couple of days.

Mine is showing in my AIB online banking app as a pending transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

Using the phone as a coaster for my pint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Vodafone now listing the 5, 4a 5g and 4a (although out of stock at the moment). Headphone offers also included. Slightly more expensive than buying direct but may suit some people to take a contract.

Good to see Pixels getting a bit more mainstream.

Alun wrote: »
    Mine is showing in my AIB online banking app as a pending transaction.

Yeah my payment is showing on Revolut too.
    I think it was mentioned that they place a temporary hold initially. Money might come back after 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Vodafone advertising the headphone offer with 4a as well at 399. Would be bargain if it wasn't an error.

Pretty sure its only meant to be 4a 5G and Pixel 5.

dan786 wrote: »
    Vodafone advertising the headphone offer with 4a as well at 399. Would be bargain if it wasn't an error.

Na they have just used the pics from the 4a5G for the 4a as they dont mention it on the product page like the other 2 and the phone in the pics for the 4a has 2 cameras not 1 and on the 4a the power button is green not white/slate like the 4a5G

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »

They are also advertising the storage at a whopping 128MB! :pac:

But yeah, definitely an error as it's not mentioned on the promo page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I've cancelled my order. Looks like a great phone, but I only considered it as good value due to the inclusion of the Bose headphones (worth around €299).

For me, the expected delivery date from Google was exactly 45 days after my order date.

According to their T&Cs - "When the wait period is over, submit your claim for your free Bose QC 35 II headphones. You'll need to do this within 45 days of the order date."

That says to me they don't have enough headphones and are pushing delivery for any new orders out to the max of the 45 day limit for the promotion.

Sneaky, I'm out.

JDxtra wrote: »
    I've cancelled my order. Looks like a great phone, but I only considered it as good value due to the inclusion of the Bose headphones (worth around €299).

For me, the expected delivery date from Google was exactly 45 days after my order date.

According to their T&Cs - "When the wait period is over, submit your claim for your free Bose QC 35 II headphones. You'll need to do this within 45 days of the order date."

That says to me they don't have enough headphones and are pushing delivery for any new orders out to the max of the 45 day limit for the promotion.

Sneaky, I'm out.

I contacted support and have been assured I'm eligible for the headphones with an order date of September 30th and delivery date of November 11-13. You'd have to wait 2 weeks after receipt of the phone to claim to ensure you actually receive it and don't return it, but they said that's not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Echoes675 wrote: »

Yeah, but that won't be the date you preorder from, as you won't have the phone yet. The order date will be when they take your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, but that won't be the date you preorder from, as you won't have the phone yet. The order date will be when they take your money.

This makes a lot of sense! And they won't collect monies until they are about to ship.

Now if they could just release some more stock so I can place my order!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Basil3 wrote: »

I've ordered through my carrier so money wont be taken until my next bill date. My phone is due to arrive on the 15th, exactly 14 days after I ordered it

Echoes675 wrote: »
    I've ordered through my carrier so money wont be taken until my next bill date. My phone is due to arrive on the 15th, exactly 14 days after I ordered it

That's the green one?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

The lack of stock on Google store is becoming tiresome especially when Vodafone seem to have no such issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Turns out there is in fact an embargo on reviews.

https://twitter.com/TotallydubbedHD/status/1313139871553290240?s=20

Advertisement