Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I ordered my phone at 19:22pm during the presentation. Likely the very first person on our little island to place an order

Here I am, still waiting for a dispatch email as other indecisive peasants with original shipping dates in the middle of November are getting phones shipped to them. I am absolutely disgusted, angry and frustrated with google. I shall be taking my phone purchasing elsewhere going forward

Not really, bit annoying though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭djr

What time did people who have got shipping notifications place their order?

My order confirmation came through at 7:21pm on the 30th and the status still says 16th-19th.

i placed mine around 19.42

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    I ordered my phone at 19:22pm during the presentation. Likely the very first person on our little island to place an order

Here I am, still waiting for a dispatch email as other indecisive peasants with original shipping dates in the middle of November are getting phones shipped to them. I am absolutely disgusted, angry and frustrated with google. I shall be taking my phone purchasing elsewhere going forward

Not really, bit annoying though :pac:

Yeah, I've placed enough preorders over the years to know that they're never dispatched in the order the orders were placed. No idea why, it can't be hard to do.

Based on Vodafone having anyway sent out orders, I'd laugh if I get my order placed with Vodafone today ahead of the Google order I placed on Sep 30th.

I added one of the fabric cases to my order so knowing Google it's probably blown their brains and caused a delay.

I'd actually be fairly interested to know when the Vodafone order you made shows up, I was tempted to cancel my Google store one a few days back as I backtracked on the sorta sage colour and wanted black instead. I decided to stick with it and ordered a Matt black skin from D Brand thinking I'd be waiting until November to see the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Jaysus man, thought I was fast but ya beat me by six minutes! Still waiting on dispatch :(

Wonder is it just the black ones being dispatched atm? I ordered Sorta Sage as well.

• Advertisement

Jaysus man, thought I was fast but ya beat me by six minutes! Still waiting on dispatch :(

Haha! I got caught in the hype, had the store open before the show even started :pac:

Just checked my email there and I actually received the confirmation email at 19:21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What time did people who have got shipping notifications place their order?

My order confirmation came through at 7:21pm on the 30th and the status still says 16th-19th.

Wed, 30 Sep, 20:10

Shipped today. Maybe it's to do with how quickly payment is processed by your bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 diarmconnolly

jozi wrote: »
    Wed, 30 Sep, 20:10

Shipped today. Maybe it's to do with how quickly payment is processed by your bank?

Yeah perhaps that's it. Although they take their own time in actually claiming the money taken from our cards anyway.

I paid using Revolut and the money was reverted back unclaimed after a week, then taken again on Sunday which seems to have happened to a lot of people.

I added one of the fabric cases to my order so knowing Google it's probably blown their brains and caused a delay.

I'd actually be fairly interested to know when the Vodafone order you made shows up, I was tempted to cancel my Google store one a few days back as I backtracked on the sorta sage colour and wanted black instead. I decided to stick with it and ordered a Matt black skin from D Brand thinking I'd be waiting until November to see the phone.

Based on my ordering experiences with Vodafone over the last couple of years, I'll get no kind of confirmation or tracking email...the phone will just show up (or it won't ever show up).

• Registered Users Posts: 22 diarmconnolly

Haha! I got caught in the hype, had the store open before the show even started :pac:

Just checked my email there and I actually received the confirmation email at 19:21

Exact same time as mine. Clearly the bermuda triangle of Google order times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Ordered mine at 19.26 on the night and just got my delivery email just now. Fear not, lads and lasses.

Don't worry everyone, we can all relax

My order has shipped. News of my anger clearly reached Google HQ in record time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yay, mine has shipped too, complete with case. Delivery date is Thursday or Friday. It's coming from the Netherlands with DHL. I really, really hope it does come when they say it will, as otherwise they'll probably try and deliver it on Saturday when I'm out all day and then I'll have to wait until Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Man i hope im not the poor sucker that who gets the early date then has to wait until mid november... lucky folks hopefully mine changes or ill have to get angry at google too :P

Bah hahaha just checked its shipped the anger works :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Just received a dispatch notification. Not due until 11th November and only ordered on the 4th October. Sage colour.

Now due tomorrow/Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No one remember the Nexus days when google didn't sell directly to Ireland?

You used to watch your phone leave Dublin, go to Belfast to your parcel motel, and then back to Dublin late in the evening just so you could actually buy one in the country...

I don't miss them day's... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Ordered from Amazon, still no dispatch notification ðŸ™

Same here. What's your estimated delivery dates? They took the money early this morning so must be close to dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Same here. What's your estimated delivery dates? They took the money early this morning so must be close to dispatch.

Amazon account shows "Arriving 17 Oct - 20 Oct"

SachaJ wrote: »
    Just received a dispatch notification. Not due until 11th November and only ordered on the 4th October. Sage colour.

Now due tomorrow/Saturday.

:mad:

I ordered mine on the 4th too. Still saying not dispatched and delivery due November 11th or 12th. I ordered just Black

I live in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I ordered mine on the 4th too. Still saying not dispatched and delivery due November 11th or 12th. I ordered just Black

I live in hope

I ordered on the 1st and have the same dates. I haven't even had a pending hold on my payment :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Finally shipped :cool:

Time to pull the horns in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I ordered around 1am on the 1st of Oct should i wait till tomorrow for the bose claim or do it now?...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

I ordered around 1am on the 1st of Oct should i wait till tomorrow for the bose claim or do it now?...

Mine is coming from the Google Store tomorrow, so I did the claim for the Bose headphones today.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I live in hope

I ordered a Just Black on the 4th also but my delivery is due November 18th - 19th :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

redmond08 wrote: »
    Mine is coming from the Google Store tomorrow, so I did the claim for the Bose headphones today.

How, do you not need the IMEI number?

Nedved85 wrote: »
    How, do you not need the IMEI number?

The dispatch email Google sends out has the IMEI number included

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭djr

My dispatch number only had what looked like the serial number... I put the claim in with Google for the bose cans anyway but I haven't been confirmed for them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

djr wrote: »
    My dispatch number only had what looked like the serial number... I put the claim in with Google for the bose cans anyway but I haven't been confirmed for them yet

I had my claim validated within 15mins of entering all the details earlier on today.

• Advertisement

Thanks, Claim submitted now.

Advertisement