Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not sale related but ordered an item on Thur. Said it would be delivered Tuesday. But woke to a notification that An Post attempted delivery at 3.05am and will try again. Nothing in the letter box to say they tried which I doubt they did. Strange though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

errlloyd wrote: »
    Are PC components likely to be reduced. Fans, SSDs, ram etc? Halfway through a build I want to finish, but I'll wait if I have to.

They werent reduced the last few years .
    Stuff like the MX2 mouse is usually reduced and other mice and keyboards but hardware I've rarely seen any bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Any ideas why Amazon.de will post some stuff to UK a non EU member but won't post to Ireland, a full EU member. I recently had to have a parcel sent to Parcel Wizard for delivery to me.

Could be air fright to Ireland vs boat to UK.
    Batteries can’t travel by air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

ted1 wrote: »
    Could be air fright to Ireland vs boat to UK.
    Batteries can’t travel by air.

You can't get batteries shipped to NI either, they would presumably travel by boat.
    It's a strange one. You can buy a device that needs a battery, e.g, a cordless drill and have it shipped here c/w battery but you can't have a spare battery shipped here. This might sense to some people but I'm not one of them. Anyway the item that wouldn't ship to R.O.I from Germany did not require batteries.

Any ideas why Amazon.de will post some stuff to UK a non EU member but won't post to Ireland, a full EU member. I recently had to have a parcel sent to Parcel Wizard for delivery to me.

Link to the item?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Building a new house, should be ready by early January... first fixings starting start of November... Anyone got any good suggestions to get from an electrical / technology perspective?

Surround sound, WiFi enhancer, alarm system... etc???

richersounds forum for audio visual

home automation forum for your alarm system

re cat 6 - i got my whole house wired with cat 5 to all rooms 10 years ago. The only rooms that are hard wired are the sitting room, playroom and home office/box room. The rest are redundant as we have fibre to the home broadband and a mesh network. Get some advice on this as it could save you a good bit of cash that you can divert to your surround sound and 75" tv.

if you see the eir or kn group employees working nearby, just ask them to call to your house and give you some advice on the positioning of the entry point for the cable and the cabling to where you'll put the internet box. Most are sound and won't mind calling to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

GBX wrote: »
    Not sale related but ordered an item on Thur. Said it would be delivered Tuesday. But woke to a notification that An Post attempted delivery at 3.05am and will try again. Nothing in the letter box to say they tried which I doubt they did. Strange though.

There are no deliveries at 3am ,pm? There is a country wide parcel delivery today and next Saturday by an post,rural and city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Building a new house, should be ready by early January... first fixings starting start of November... Anyone got any good suggestions to get from an electrical / technology perspective?

You might need WiFi extenders especially if it's a big house in a rural area.

Adrian Weckler has an article on just your situation. He recommends TP Link M5 extenders or Google Nest in the article below. If you can't read it because you don't have subscription let me know and I'll post the whole article.
    https://m.independent.ie/business/technology/ask-adrian-our-technology-editor-tackles-your-trickiest-tech-problems-39602895.html

However Amazon have an Eero range on sale which has great reviews . You can buy 1,2 or 3 pack extenders.

A 3 pack is better for a large house. Basically put one extender on each level of the house

These will work for 4g or Broadband.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

My attempted delivery notification was at 4:02am.
    I'd say there was a glitch in the matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There are no deliveries at 3am ,pm? There is a country wide parcel delivery today and next Saturday by an post,rural and city.

No. Was definitely "attempted delivery" at 3am. I was just surprised of the notification as I wasn't expecting it till during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭irishgeo

If i have items in my Wishlist will I get notified via the app if there is a bargain alert on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

irishgeo wrote: »
    If i have items in my Wishlist will I get notified via the app if there is a bargain alert on these.
    Wouldn't have thought so..

.. there is an area under Prime where you can click 'Notify Me' on items though

No. Was definitely "attempted delivery" at 3am. I was just surprised of the notification as I wasn't expecting it till during the week.

Mis scanned , probably arrived with an post at 3am

Basq wrote: »
    Wouldn't have thought so..

.. there is an area under Prime where you can click 'Notify Me' on items though

I've found that you need to view an item that you are interested in first.

Then you need to go back to the Notify section within the Amazon Prime Day section and find your recently viewed item and then click notify

It is awkward. You would imagine that they would have a Notify Button on all items throughout the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭mjp

Looking at picking up a philips airfryer as gift for family member. Would there be much chance of it being on offer or will I have to wait till black friday to get a decent discount on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Why? What's special about this weekend and next?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Why? What's special about this weekend and next?[/quot

Prime day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

Happened me today, was at 9.30am but an post def didn't try deliver anything

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Why? What's special about this weekend and next?

As said,coupled with a huge surge at the hint of level 5 ,prime day would mean a Monday where all parcels may not fit in vans,so Saturday required,rare enough for rural areas, common for cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

As said,coupled with a huge surge at the hint of level 5 ,prime day would mean a Monday where all parcels may not fit in vans,so Saturday required,rare enough for rural areas, common for cities.

Any source for this news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Lots of plugs. Double sockets with USB ports and then wire the house with cat 5e cables so you have wired internet in every room.

I just installed eero I have each one wired in and now have 140mb WiFi in every corner of the house and most bigger devices are plugged directly into ports.

jdon72 wrote: »

It's hardly groundbreaking news

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

jdon72 wrote: »
    We were asked yesterday if we wanted to work today, Amazon told An post to expect a large volume of parcels this week.

Lads when ordering on Amazon don't forget to tick the Add Voucher Box.

Many products will have Vouchers that will be auto added at checkout once you select it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Bought something a few months ago from de direct that UK wouldn't sell to me. DE sent it free by DHL

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

With the likely sale of them impending, any idea which versions of the fire stick fully work here? I got a fire stick years ago and while other apps are fine, the actual Prime Video app only works if you have a UK account, otherwise it gives you a region error. Think I read that the 4k version of the stick has the same issue, but not 100% sure. Could anyone confirm?

I don't want to swap to a UK Prime Video account, but would like 4k obviously...

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

With the likely sale of them impending, any idea which versions of the fire stick fully work here? I got a fire stick years ago and while other apps are fine, the actual Prime Video app only works if you have a UK account, otherwise it gives you a region error. Think I read that the 4k version of the stick has the same issue, but not 100% sure. Could anyone confirm?

I don't want to swap to a UK Prime Video account, but would like 4k obviously...

I have the 4k and prime video works fine. I had a few issues at the start when I was trying to play videos from the home screen, tried clearing data and cache nothing worked. Then realised it worked when I actually went into the app as opposed to trying to play videos from the home screen, if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭irishgeo

bobbyg wrote: »
    I have the 4k and prime video works fine. I had a few issues at the start when I was trying to play videos from the home screen, tried clearing data and cache nothing worked. Then realised it worked when I actually went into the app as opposed to trying to play videos from the home screen, if that makes sense.

The home screen launches the UK version which don't work if it's in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

bobbyg wrote: »

And you are on an Irish Prime Video account, not UK? No matter what I did with my old fire stick, it refused to play from my Irish account, gave me the region error every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

And you are on an Irish Prime Video account, not UK? No matter what I did with my old fire stick, it refused to play from my Irish account, gave me the region error every time.
    I think so yes, I don't use a vpn anyway. And given what the previous poster said about the home screen defaulting to UK prime I think I must be irish as prime doesn't work for me from the home screen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement