Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Temp locking this till next week when we know more.

If needs to be reopened to add something, please report this post and any mod will reopen, thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

fdevine wrote: »
    £5 off your next £25 spend if you install the Amazon Assistant Chrome Extension

I signed up for it but I'm not seeing the discount, tried it on an a echo show

Would I need to do it on the pc where I signed up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

£5 off a £25 spend on in app purchase for Amazon Prime members

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps5-off-a-ps25-spend-at-amazon-when-using-the-app-3557285

It is only valid until the end of the 9th and the purchase has to be made from the Amazon app. There is a code, which appears to be unique to your account

In your Amazon app, click on the prime day banner, then in that page you will see 5 off 25 spend ad, click in and there will be your unique code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

£5 off a £25 spend on in app purchase for Amazon Prime members

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps5-off-a-ps25-spend-at-amazon-when-using-the-app-3557285

It is only valid until the end of the 9th and the purchase has to be made from the Amazon app. There is a code, which appears to be unique to your account

In your Amazon app, click on the prime day banner, then in that page you will see 5 off 25 spend ad, click in and there will be your unique code

From the App
    Use your Prime Members-only promo code to get a £5 discount on your 1st eligible in app purchase.
    Use the promotional code displayed above to Prime customers only to receive £5 off your next eligible in app purchase of £25 or more. Simply add the promo code during checkout to benefit from the Offer. You must complete your purchase with the Amazon App for iPhone or Android phone by 23:59 BST, 9th Oct 2020. The promo code is valid in the UK and for one purchase only. The promo code may not be transferred. You must have be a Prime member for at least 24 hours prior to making an eligible purchase in app to receive the discount. The Offer is only available for purchases made on the Amazon App for iPhone or Android phones. It is not available for the Amazon App for Android tablets, Windows Phones or iPad. Terms and conditions apply, see below for full details.

Does anyone know if this is just for UK residents or if it is for anyone who is using the App for Amazon.uk? It says above that the promo code is valid in the UK and for one purchase only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I got it on my account, went all the way through to just before payment and was able to get the £5 reduction. Not UK account or using UK address.

• Advertisement

I got it on my account, went all the way through to just before payment and was able to get the £5 reduction. Not UK account or using UK address.

Not showing on mine

Did I miss something

Is this Ring Spotlight Cam worth buying?

The camera below is available on Amazon Prime for 139 sterling. It's down from 199

Specs
    Ring Spotlight Cam Battery | HD Security Camera with LED Spotlight, Alarm, Two-Way Talk, Battery Operated | With 30-day free trial of Ring Protect Plan

Thomas.. wrote: »
    Not showing on mine

Did I miss something

Open the App and click on the 5 Days to go Banner Ad

That brings up more ads. The offer you want is the 3rd one down.

Open the App and click on the 5 Days to go Banner Ad

That brings up more ads. The offer you want is the 3rd one down.

I'm talking about the other promo

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stephmcd

RasTa wrote: »
    Cool cool, I don't have a TV subscription with Sky etc as I never watch live TV(unless it's sports) so firestick would be pointless. Cheers
    Vola sports on the stick is Great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Thomas.. wrote: »
    I'm talking about the other promo

If you mean the £5 off £25 then that's where it is. Click on that banner and its in there.

If you mean the £5 off £25 then that's where it is. Click on that banner and its in there.

No the one for adding the Amazon extension

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

stephmcd wrote: »
    Vola sports on the stick is Great

What sort of sport do they show?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stephmcd

bobbyg wrote: »
    What sort of sport do they show?
    I put it on my dad's stick to watch the football (arsenal fan) and we watched the F1 here. Think it does them all. Not really into sport so can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Some presale discounts.

Echo Show 8 down to £64.99 (RRP £119.99)
    Echo Show 5 down to £44.99 (RRP £79.99)
    Echo Dot 3rd Gen down to £24.99 (RRP £39.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

dan786 wrote: »
    Some presale discounts.

For comparison. I got this in black friday sale last year for £61.49

boardtc wrote: »
    For comparison. I got this in black friday sale last year for £61.49

Well it was 49.99£ as well at one stage but we dont have time machines unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

dan786 wrote: »
    Some presale discounts.

Echo Show 5 down to £44.99 (RRP £79.99)
    Echo Dot 3rd Gen down to £24.99 (RRP £39.99)

So not only is "Prime Day" spread across 2 days, they now have presale discounts?!

Fair play to Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is this day normally followed up by a day for non-Prime members, or will the next one just be Black Friday?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Amazon looking for staff too, I know there was a debate earlier in thead as to an Irish fulfillment centre

https://www.jobalert.ie/job/warehouse-operatives-amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is this day normally followed up by a day for non-Prime members, or will the next one just be Black Friday?

No, ye get nothing.

Peasants!

Soarer wrote: »
    So not only is "Prime Day" spread across 2 days, they now have presale discounts?!

Fair play to Jeff.

Its not as bad as Black Friday which runs for 3 weeks. Pre Black Friday week sales, Black Friday week sales and Post Black Friday week/Cyber week sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

3 ads down is bleedin' Lewis Capaldi for me! Don't see the offer at all

the corpo wrote: »
    3 ads down is bleedin' Lewis Capaldi for me! Don't see the offer at all

Look above it then. It's definitely there.

Edit:
    It seems to have gone but the dates in the posts previously says it's valid until the 9th.

I did see this Amazon Hub offer on the App

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

All of the amazon are currently also offering €10/£10 off with students (also works for other users) and €5 discount codes.
    I think they are for specific stores on some, and for non prime qualifying products on others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Would it be normal for Fire Tablets (kids version specifically) to get a reduction in price on Prime day?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Would it be normal for Fire Tablets (kids version specifically) to get a reduction in price on Prime day?
    Yes. Not sure what reductions the kids versions get, but all amazon devices drop.
    You can put a kids profile on the normal fire tablet and buy a case too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Suckit wrote: »
    Yes. Not sure what reductions the kids versions get, but all amazon devices drop.

Done this before with the 10 inch tablet. If I remember right the tablet and kids case cost the same as the ‘kids version’ (which was OOS at the time). You do miss out on some kids subscription thingy buy it was for UK residents only so didn’t bother me.
    Need to get another one so hoping there’ll be a £40/50 price drop.

Suckit wrote: »

What quality are Amazon's own brand Tech products? Do they have a good rep?

Is there much of a difference between Amazon's brand and main brands for tech like Laptops, Tablets etc

• Advertisement

Amazon has got more annoying and less useful lately

I'm not too excited about black Friday

And why is black Friday now in October or is there 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement