Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

You have to get onto chat with amazon, they'll fix that for you in an act

Thread here on fire stick error

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

You have to get onto chat with amazon, they'll fix that for you in an act

Thread here on fire stick error

Thanks, but from reading that thread it still seems to indicate that you need to have your account set to the UK. I went through that whole rigmarole a year or two ago and they switched my account over to the UK version (without telling me thats what they were doing) and then it worked fine through the stick, but I wanted to remain on the Irish version so I swapped back.

If thats the only way for it to work, I'll just avoid it for now.
    Still find it bizarre that they essentially region-lock their own app on their own device. You'd have thought their app would be region agnostic!

But appreciate the replies from everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Guys an early one if it hasn’t been posted already.

Kindle Paperwhite can be got for £79.99 (£80.99 vat adjusted)if ordered through Alexa. A nice saving.

If you don’t have an Alexa device just download the app on your phone and order though that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Here's the list of discounted items if ordered through Alexa.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=22159831031

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Soarer wrote: »

I really don't need an echo show to go with my Ring doorbell but ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Caranica wrote: »
    I really don't need an echo show to go with my Ring doorbell but ...

That's the main reason you'd need one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rebel333

Hi, how do i do this. when i ask my echo dot it says something about changing my language? thanks

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That's the main reason you'd need one :p

App on phone? Though if I move the dot that's in the sitting room into the office I could put a show there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

adox wrote: »
    Guys an early one if it hasn’t been posted already.

Kindle Paperwhite can be got for £79.99 (£80.99 vat adjusted)if ordered through Alexa. A nice saving.

If you don’t have an Alexa device just download the app on your phone and order though that.

Coming in at £120 still for me ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

oleras wrote: »
    Coming in at £120 still for me ?:confused:

Are you a Prime member? Also it will show up as £120 in your basket. The deduction should be taken when you go to check out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Well that’s going to cost me

Are you a Prime member? Also it will show up as £120 in your basket. The deduction should be taken when you go to check out.

Yes, voice ordered. Didnt check out all the way though.

Will try again.

edit:nope, still the same price through checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If I try this it defaults to ordering from the US and I can't find the setting. Anyone happen to know how to fix that? Got a UK prime account but no Alexa devices

Yes, voice ordered. Didnt check out all the way though.

Will try again.

edit:nope, still the same price through checkout.

I tried with the echo show and there's a discount just before payment. Appears full price through the other screens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Thanks, but from reading that thread it still seems to indicate that you need to have your account set to the UK. I went through that whole rigmarole a year or two ago and they switched my account over to the UK version (without telling me thats what they were doing) and then it worked fine through the stick, but I wanted to remain on the Irish version so I swapped back.

If thats the only way for it to work, I'll just avoid it for now.
    Still find it bizarre that they essentially region-lock their own app on their own device. You'd have thought their app would be region agnostic!

But appreciate the replies from everyone! :)

Is there an advantage to being on the Irish version over the UK one preventing you from moving?

Monokne wrote: »
    Is there an advantage to being on the Irish version over the UK one preventing you from moving?

Content-wise there is more on the UK one, but the majority of stuff is now available on the Irish version.
    What put me off sticking with the UK one (when their customer support moved me over) was the way the main page gets inundated with titles that you can only rent or buy. The Irish version only shows you stuff you can actually stream.
    Also, I was afraid that Amazon would eventually boot us off the UK version and then I'd be back to square one as far as the Fire Stick was concerned.

But sorry for derailing the thread with Fire Stick talk. Back to bargains :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Lightening Deal. Deal ends in 4hrs, 25% claimed so far

Mpow H19 Headphones(Upgraded Version)
    100hrs playback versus 30hrs H12
    CVC 8.0 versus CVC 6.0

£59.99 with £15 voucher off at checkout so £45 total

Works out at as same price as H12.

Better Spec sheet below is from Amazon.ca. Order from Amazon.uk
    https://www.amazon.ca/Mpow-Cancelling-Headphones-Bluetooth-Microphone/dp/B07X85ZQLM?ref_=d6k_applink_bb_marketplace

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Content-wise there is more on the UK one, but the majority of stuff is now available on the Irish version.
    What put me off sticking with the UK one (when their customer support moved me over) was the way the main page gets inundated with titles that you can only rent or buy. The Irish version only shows you stuff you can actually stream.
    Also, I was afraid that Amazon would eventually boot us off the UK version and then I'd be back to square one as far as the Fire Stick was concerned.

But sorry for derailing the thread with Fire Stick talk. Back to bargains :)

How do you set it to Ireland?

How do you set it to Ireland?

Do you mean the account or the fire stick?
    By default, your account is probably already set to Ireland. Usually a customer service agent has to switch it to a UK account.

But just wanted to say that, after all the comments people here had made earlier, I plugged the fire stick back in today (first time in ages) and just like that, the Amazon Prime Video app does indeed play fine now on the stick. No more region errors! I'm in shock. The app even updated to the latest version which allows for profiles, which is even more handy.

Thanks again to those who insisted that it was working and sorry for doubting the claims!

Not working for me for the tablet, seems it might be a general issue...

529015.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I just ordered the fire hd tablet. Alexy told me the savings and that it would come to £45, then gave me the option to add to my basket where I can go review the order before finalising on PC or I could tell her to buy it now. I chose the buy it now option and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭torrevieja

32gb isnt much memory , is the 64gb on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Thinking smart light bulbs might be my thing I buy. Anyone any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

BKWDR wrote: »
    Thinking smart light bulbs might be my thing I buy. Anyone any recommendations?

Not some much what bulbs to get, would be more looking at the SmartThings hub which means that you'll be able to use a multitude of different brands. Can then look at getting whatever is cheap at the time

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I just ordered the fire hd tablet. Alexy told me the savings and that it would come to £45, then gave me the option to add to my basket where I can go review the order before finalising on PC or I could tell her to buy it now. I chose the buy it now option and it worked.
    Cheers, something wrong with my set up then, I guess

Im in the same boat, using a student prime account, wonder is it that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

torrevieja wrote: »
    32gb isnt much memory , is the 64gb on offer?

Expandable with SD cards

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭PreCocious

Same here. I got onto Customer Support who couldn't find the offer but said to screenshot it, order the kindle and they'd refund the difference when it was delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Im in the same boat, using a student prime account, wonder is it that ?

Discounts are working on my student prime account

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Downloaded the Alexa app to my phone, trying to order a tablet but is not doing anything?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement