Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

MBSnr wrote: »
    Perhaps, perhaps not on the refund. I don't know how it works or if you get all the unused months back pro-rata.

I do know that I have not been able to take out the 59 GBP Prime as I already had a previous Prime sub and the offer did not apply to my account. However if you add another person to your Amazon household and they have not had Prime before, you can get the deal on their account and you all share the benefits....

How does that work? Do they have a separate account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is 5 off 25 still available for Prime members? I can't seem to find that post here.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is 5 off 25 still available for Prime members? I can't seem to find that post here.

Thanks

Expired by the looks of things..

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps5-off-a-ps25-spend-at-amazon-when-using-the-app-3557285

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭MBSnr

How does that work? Do they have a separate account?

Separate account. Same address. Can't recall if it checked the registered card address when adding the other adult to the household. Probably...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/myh/households

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

Be not concerned my friends for I have personally kept Amazon going for the last six months. John my postman will bear this out

You've described me there as well. :) My orders so far this year are nearly triple those of last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Building a new house, should be ready by early January... first fixings starting start of November... Anyone got any good suggestions to get from an electrical / technology perspective?

Surround sound, WiFi enhancer, alarm system... etc???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

5 off 25 still working.
    Use code 2O6KFI4YUJAY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Doesn't seem to be working. Do you just use the code at the check out?
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    5 off 25 still working.
    Use code 2O6KFI4YUJAY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Building a new house, should be ready by early January... first fixings starting start of November... Anyone got any good suggestions to get from an electrical / technology perspective?

Surround sound, WiFi enhancer, alarm system... etc???

If I was building I would wire up the house with Cat 6 ethernet cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

bromley52 wrote: »
    If I was building I would wire up the house with Cat 6 ethernet cable.

Cheers! I’ll mention this to electrician

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Doesn't seem to be working. Do you just use the code at the check out?

Yeah, added at checkout. I'm a prime member, used on a prime item sold by Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Only realised the other day that I can share my prime member for free 2 day delivery

Finding it great.
    Loads of good random movies on prime
    Have the folks setup on my account watching prime video as well as myself.
    Prime music have great classic rock playlists. Stick in the headphone and off I go. Rocking in the free world.
    Also have my sister using free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mik_da_man wrote: »
    5 off 25 still working.
    Use code 2O6KFI4YUJAY

Now expired

ted1 wrote: »
    Duty is payable on point of entry to the EU.
    It’s already being paid on goods coming from the UK, is it refundable on goods leaving? Might it balance out?
    Aldo ignoring the Irish warehouse. They could fulfill from an EU warehouse as they already do with some stuff

Eh? That his point. The uk will no longer be within the eu so anything shipping from there to Ireland will incur duty.

Duty is payable at the final destination by the way so even if it goes through another eu country, duty is payable here.

Beauty with them is unlike an ikad yiu can upgrade the memory. We got one of the kids a fire 7 last black Friday with a 32GB card and we always upgrade that.

Seriously impressive for the price.

Someone mentioned they had an issue using the seesaw app during lockdown, we had no problems.

The fire is a good but not great budget system. You can buy better direct from China if you don't care about names that are well known here.

Amazon return policy is sometimes worth it though considering returning to China if a pain in the arse generally and kills any saving you made in the first place.

Eh? That his point. The uk will no longer be within the eu so anything shipping from there to Ireland will incur duty.

Duty is payable at the final destination by the way so even if it goes through another eu country, duty is payable here.

But can you not claim it back on exports, so it’ll be there will be no change , especially if they use bonded warehouses . Also many goods like electrical and sports equipment have 0 duty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Be not concerned my friends for I have personally kept Amazon going for the last six months. John my postman will bear this out

I moved house last month. Yesterday my postman and I chatted at the kitchen table over coffee after his daily delivery.

I moved house last month. Yesterday my postman and I chatted at the kitchen table over coffee after his daily delivery.

My postman had stopped talking to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Cheers! I’ll mention this to electrician

But two connections in each room and 4 in both sitting room and kitchen run all the cables back to the attic when you can set up a comms cabinet with switch and connect router to switch so all rooms are live when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

naughto wrote: »
    But two connections in each room and 4 in both sitting room and kitchen run all the cables back to the attic when you can set up a comms cabinet with switch and connect router to switch so all rooms are live when you need it.

It might be an idea to run a cable (or 2) from where you expect the internet to enter your house up to the attic. I can imagine the eir or whoever installer not wanting to do anything more than their usual basic setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I’m sure the social-distancing brigade will be along soon to admonish you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Are PC components likely to be reduced. Fans, SSDs, ram etc? Halfway through a build I want to finish, but I'll wait if I have to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Amazon return policy is sometimes worth it though considering returning to China if a pain in the arse generally and kills any saving you made in the first place.

This is why I'd buy a Fire when on special, no issues with after sales support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

A little off topic but I'm sure one of you fabulous lot in here can answer this for me!! I’ve just ordered iPhone 11 from Amazon.de saved over €200. I’m freaking out a bit even tho I choose my address and it showed properly when I got the confirmation it said posting to Danielle Wicklow Ireland! Is this normal on the .de site or do I need to contact them and make sure they enter the full address on the package!!

Thanks all.

danois wrote: »
    A little off topic but I'm sure one of you fabulous lot in here can answer this for me!! I’ve just ordered iPhone 11 from Amazon.de saved over €200. I’m freaking out a bit even tho I choose my address and it showed properly when I got the confirmation it said posting to Danielle Wicklow Ireland! Is this normal on the .de site or do I need to contact them and make sure they enter the full address on the package!!

Thanks all.

It doesn't show the full address in the email nor when you check the order details in your Amazon.de account?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

danois wrote: »

Thanks all.

Email confirmation for my .co.uk purchases always use an abridged address and I get them all.

For my example my order last night says it is being delivered to

Sheep Shagger
    Dublin

As long your full address is on your .de account you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Any ideas why Amazon.de will post some stuff to UK a non EU member but won't post to Ireland, a full EU member. I recently had to have a parcel sent to Parcel Wizard for delivery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Any ideas why Amazon.de will post some stuff to UK a non EU member but won't post to Ireland, a full EU member. I recently had to have a parcel sent to Parcel Wizard for delivery to me.

Most stuff I order from EU sites is fulfilled from their UK warehouses.

Also they have a better logistics channel between other EU warehouses and UK. With one in Rathcoole now, services may start to improve here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Email confirmation for my .co.uk purchases always use an abridged address and I get them all.

For my example my order last night says it is being delivered to

Sheep Shagger
    Dublin

As long your full address is on your .de account you should be fine.

And here was me thinking that wasn't your real name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

dan786 wrote: »
    Most stuff I order from EU sites is fulfilled from their UK warehouses.

Also they have a better logistics channel between other EU warehouses and UK. With one in Rathcoole now, services may start to improve here also.

Yep but this item specifically said " does not post to selected address", it wasn't available in the UK. I've come across this several times, It was ironic because I had a small value item on another order (approx €1) which couldn't be fulfilled from UK and was posted to me from Germany.
    Any idea when the Rathcoole warehouse is coming on stream? It'll be interesting to see what volumes of stock and what lines they carry there, at the moment it's virtually impossible to get a replacement battery shipped here from anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement