Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

They are all gonna be live on the main site from tomorrow anyway for 48 hours.

I got my order through and it said it was early access for prime day. They do seem to be having issues with it now, going by others so wait another day and you should be able to get it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

The echo dot 3rd Gens are on sale on the site for 18.99 now without having to go through Alexa.

Edit: Looks like all the early deals are available on the site now https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=17347588031

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

Im an trying to convince myself I need a Echo auto.....just my own sales technique is terrible

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Kowerski wrote: »
    Im an trying to convince myself I need a Echo auto.....just my own sales technique is terrible

Go for it - Ive had one a few months now and despite some negative reviews I wouldnt be without it.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Go for it - Ive had one a few months now and despite some negative reviews I wouldnt be without it.

I have Apple Auto or whatever it is called. hate it. It is terrible. My house is full of alexa so it would make sense

Does it allow you to play podcasts? so can you tell it to open podcast XYZ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Oh no, don't tempt me!! I am think if it had a sat nav built in it would be better. I do miss Alexa in the car but must resist this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Kindle is there alright, but price jumped a tenner.

yesterday it was £79, today £89...will it actually come down tomorrow again when prime day starts for real ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

oleras wrote: »
    Kindle is there alright, but price jumped a tenner.

yesterday it was £79, today £89...will it actually come down tomorrow again when prime day starts for real ?

It's still £79 if you select the "with special offers" version

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Does it allow you to play podcasts? so can you tell it to open podcast XYZ?

Not sure - Ive never tried podcasts.But I use it for spotify, tunein etc.

I know I could reach over and press the FM button or source button but Im too lazy!!

Not sure - Ive never tried podcasts.But I use it for spotify, tunein etc.

I know I could reach over and press the FM button or source button but Im too lazy!!

Why would you do it when Alexa can do it for you :-) thats my motto

Plus if I have in car I can tell her to turn on heating/lighting etc on way home

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Just grabbed the Kindle Paperwhite, hopefully the Fire HD 10 comes down in price.
    it usually drops from £150 to £100

Im thinking of the echo show 5 myself..are they any more useful tan another dot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Caranica wrote: »
    It's still £79 if you select the "with special offers" version

TYVM, they don't make it easy...lol

Im thinking of the echo show 5 myself..are they any more useful tan another dot?

Small, I got one and returned for the 8

I use with Amazon photo. So it scrolls over the photos all the time so you see photos from years ago which normally sit in cloud.

IOf you have Amazon prime you get access to Amazon photo which you link

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Holding out for a bit off the Kindle Oasis - Cant justify the full cost of it, but also havent really seen it go down before

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Saw a post on HUKD that the warehouse 20% off is starting tonight too (11pm apparently)... Don't go sniping the thing I'm after please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭recyclops

cefh17 wrote: »
    Saw a post on HUKD that the warehouse 20% off is starting tonight too (11pm apparently)... Don't go sniping the thing I'm after please :D

so everything on warehouse is 20% off??

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

cefh17 wrote: »

What's the difference with the warehouse? Is there a specific link? Thanks

Bhoy1967 wrote: »

Warehouse is normally returned items, they check if working and repackage and send out

Majority of time the item is brand new and just someone didint want....

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Warehouse is normally returned items, they check if working and repackage and send out

Majority of time the item is brand new and just someone didint want....

Thanks - didn't know that - is there a separate link to it?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Just had a look, warehouse prices are awful this year, even with 20% you would not be getting a great deal.

It used to be good 2018 and before. Last year was awful too.

Now more and more people buying new items on Amazon and sending faulty ones back in same box for refund. So high chancing of getting something thats broken.

EU sites will start same offer at 11pm as opposed to 12am in UK.

Fire Cube HD will be £69.99 at midnight- down from £109.

i suppose we will miss out on the best warehouse deals as we will be a hour behind europe sadly

Yeah all colours of Kindle Paperwhite now live. Was only black at the weekend through Alexa I think.

I’ve tried to cancel my weekend order for the black(still waiting to see if it will be cancelled) and ordered the sage instead. They had the Sage case on sale a few weeks back which I bought to go with new kindle when discounted.

Also for some reason it’s applying a slightly bigger discount than at the weekend. Was £40 off so with vat adjusted was £80.99 but now it’s taking £41 off so £79.99. Better rate with Revolut today too than the weekend.

Just hope the black one gets cancelled now.

recyclops wrote: »
    i suppose we will miss out on the best warehouse deals as we will be a hour behind europe sadly

Buy from the EU site at 11pm?

dan786 wrote: »
    Buy from the EU site at 11pm?

prime doesnt carry over to different countries I thought

adox wrote: »
    Yeah all colours of Kindle Paperwhite now live. Was only black at the weekend through Alexa I think.

I’ve tried to cancel my weekend order for the black(still waiting to see if it will be cancelled) and ordered the sage instead. They had the Sage case on sale a few weeks back which I bought to go with new kindle when discounted.

Also for some reason it’s applying a slightly bigger discount than at the weekend. Was £40 off so with vat adjusted was £80.99 but now it’s taking £41 off so £79.99. Better rate with Revolut today too than the weekend.

Just hope the black one gets cancelled now.

Too late. Just got a dispatch email on the first one. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Bhoy1967 wrote: »

If you go to the product page and scroll down a bit there's a button for new and used from £XX, it'll bring up a tab with the other sellers and the Amazon warehouse items, can filter by price/quality. 20% off applies after you select the item and are at the checkout

Prices not as good as they've been before but still good (imo) if you get a like new item. I've gotten a ps4 before that was missing the bundle game, got straight into live chat and was given a voucher to the price of the game to buy it myself. So personally have never felt like I should've bought the item new for the ones I have bought from the warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

dan786 wrote: »
    Fire Cube HD will be £69.99 at midnight- down from £109.

I fail to see the point of the cube versus the firestick, seems equivalent specs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

TheDriver wrote: »
    I fail to see the point of the cube versus the firestick, seems equivalent specs

Ethernet. For the fire stick you need to buy an adapter for Ethernet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement