Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I was hoping to buy a 4k firestick but Amazon wont deliver to Ireland or my UK addresspal. Any way of getting one delivered to Ireland
    thanks

Use parcel wizard. I had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

accensi0n wrote: »
    For audible, I go to cancel and choose the option to get cheaper for the following 3 months, then fake cancel again, repeat.

All I got offered was either a free credit or a £10 voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭obi604

When does the amazon.co.uk site start showing bargains - a few minutes after midnight Irish time or tomorrow morning etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

obi604 wrote: »
    When does the amazon.co.uk site start showing bargains - a few minutes after midnight Irish time or tomorrow morning etc

12 midnight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I was hoping to buy a 4k firestick but Amazon wont deliver to Ireland or my UK addresspal. Any way of getting one delivered to Ireland
    thanks

buy the new chromecast from the google store instead no issues with delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

brightkane wrote: »
    Parcel wizard or parcel motel

Parcel motel works, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm in Dublin. Long story short, due Monday (confirmed Friday night) arrived Saturday. Clueless driver couldn't read map. Drove in and out of estate repeatedly but never as far as me. Didn't even slow to look at numbers. Finally I got on to the logistics team and he came back and drove slowly and got to me. Hours wasted on a weekend when I was supposed to help a family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Amazon eero 6 dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 router, with built-in Zigbee smart home hub...

$129... is this decent?

Why can’t I get it delivered to Ireland or UK address

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Concerned Irishman

Lightning deal on the fire 4K stick on Tuesday at 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Lightning deal on the fire 4K stick on Tuesday at 11am.

Where'd you see that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Brian017 wrote: »
    All I got offered was either a free credit or a £10 voucher

When I stop getting a decent Audible cancellation offer I cancel completely and sign up a 3 months at half price offer. This can be done over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Amazon eero 6 dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 router, with built-in Zigbee smart home hub...

$129... is this decent?

Are you looking at the US site? If so you'd get hammered on duty for that not to mention wrong mains plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Where'd you see that?

Its under upcoming lightening deals. Bit weird that they are not just selling it at midnight. Also lightening deals are limited stock and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Chesty08 wrote: »

$129... is this decent?

I can't find this on Amazon.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

dan786 wrote: »
    Its under upcoming lightening deals. Bit weird that they are not just selling it at midnight. Also lightening deals are limited stock and time.

So basically first come first serve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I can't find this on Amazon.uk

It's a preorder in the US (2nd November) so unlikely to be in the UK for a while

Some of the Alexa stuff has started appearing on special early (is there now on the UK site and app.

We are a google/next house but **** me they are dumping stuff cheap to get people hooked into their eco system.

Monokne wrote: »
    So basically first come first serve?

Yes. Click in deals and then lightening deals.

Looking at EU sites, very bad sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Caranica wrote: »
    Are you looking at the US site? If so you'd get hammered on duty for that not to mention wrong mains plug.

Yes I probably have been. All duty tax was coming up too

• Advertisement

Looking at EU sites, very bad sale.

I wonder of its a case that lightening deals will drop throughout the two day sale....and they'll just reduce amazon branded stuff straight away,?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ForestFire

When amazon prime started many years ago, it was a good sale....there was a limited number of good deals....o

Now there's just too much $hit to get through... And by the time you find it it's gone...

I put about 10 items on a watch list early today (tried to be prepared) and most of these deals are already cancelled, which means I have to go searching again....

Now I gave lots of things, I might consider, on keppa tracking, so hopefully it might alert me to some deals?

I wonder of its a case that lightening deals will drop throughout the two day sale....and they'll just reduce amazon branded stuff straight away,?

For those that don't know, swipe left on the Prime Day Deals start at Midnight banner and you will see the deals on Amazon devices specifically

Atm there is an Echo studio Speaker for £140. Not sure of the quality but haven't seen that before

Yeah they do deal every hour during day time but still overall its getting worse by the year.

No firesticks discounted at all - which was almost guaranteed discounts on Prime Day and was good deal. Now they are discounting that as a limited time deal with limited quantity.

Nothing on EU sites is that good of a deal. The Echo devices have been discounted last few days anyway. Deals are generally similar on UK site.

Very disappointing sale overall.

Yeah they do deal every hour during day time but still overall its getting worse by the year.

No firesticks discounted at all - which was almost guaranteed discounts on Prime Day and was good deal. Now they are discounting that as a limited time deal with limited quantity.

Nothing on EU sites is that good of a deal. The Echo devices have been discounted last few days anyway. Deals are generally similar on UK site.

Very disappointing sale overall.

What's the best way of searching all sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Some deals are only on Alexa. Ie new fire hd 8 is 50% off

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

What's the best way of searching all sites?

https://webprice.eu/

IrlJidel wrote: »

I've downloaded alexa app to my phone but still can't get it to bring up a fire tablet...

IrlJidel wrote: »

All deals available without Alexa. That was only for early access yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Anyone seen if they will they do a deal on prime membership this year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement