Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror incident in Paris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

judging by the photos i would say he is in his mid 20s

The main suspect, identified as an 18-year-old man of Pakistani origin, was arrested near the scene. Police said six others were in custody and being questioned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Get on your f*cking bike. The only mistake they made was not printing more of them.

So why is no one else printing them, you are wrong, just as they were for doing it. Why pour petrol on a burning fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

So why is no one else printing them, you are wrong, just as they were for doing it. Why pour petrol on a burning fire
    Nobody else is printing them due to the fear of being attacked and murdered, and also there is big money to be made from the muslim community and countries, and they do not want to lose out on this..Carrot and stick

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

People are not printing them out of fear brought on by the craven crawling attitudes of people like yourself. The "burning fire" here is the bronze age fanaticism of a fascistic death cult which has no place in the modern world and definitely no place in Europe. These people need our spit in their eyes not out appeasement.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Someday the Europeans will regret the day they fell for the "You don't need a gun. We're the Govt. We'll protect you." lie.

What kind of guns are you talking about? I know a lot of people who legally own firearms (guns/ pistols) in European countries.
    They are laws they have to adhere to, yes, but people do have (often multiple) firearms in their homes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Here is what is so disturbing: in the last decade or so all across western media a picture of an enemy to humanity has been painted with a very strong brush, and that enemy is your average socially conservative or even moderate person, accused of supporting or being responsible for death, misery, and inequality. Even if you disagree with conservative social stances, the villifaction has been absolutely absurd.

While these organisations who actually murder people, carry out suicide bombings, and to this day are holding thousands of women as slaves, barely get a brief, frightened mention in the coverege, careful not to cause offense and """"play into the hands of right wingers"""".

Just watch. There will be and a million and one editorials about how Trump's supreme court pick will destroy the rights and liberties of America, and probably even more for whatever Rowling tweets next - but next to none about standing up to this actual murderous terror.

If this doesn't show you how messed up the world is, I don't know what will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

People are not printing them out of fear brought on by the craven crawling attitudes of people like yourself. The "burning fire" here is the bronze age fanaticism of a fascistic death cult which has no place in the modern world and definitely no place in Europe. These people need our spit in their eyes not out appeasement.

Idiotic post, no conflict would ever be resolved with spitting in the oppositions
    Eye. Negotiations are the only way, look at the north in our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Idiotic post, no conflict would ever be resolved with spitting in the oppositions
    Eye. Negotiations are the only way, look at the north in our country.

The naivety!

You think "negotiations" are possible with the kind of people who murdered 12 people over a cartoon? Or the 130 at the Bataclan? Or the 23 at the Manchester Arena. This is not a political movement. These are savages who want everyone to bend the knee to their barbaric and retarded worldview. F*ck them. ISIS were pushed to near extinction with bullets and explosives, not roundtable discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Someday the Europeans will regret the day they fell for the "You don't need a gun. We're the Govt. We'll protect you." lie.

OrdinaryMinorChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

They should be allowed to. But a murderous backward cult will kill anyone who does.

I’m Catholic, I watched Dogma and laughed at 95% of it - thought the Buddy Christ was hilarious.

I didn’t go into Kevin Smith’s office and shoot 12 of his film crew.

The pictures are not to blame. The idiots from that filthy band of mediaeval morons are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Once strolled into an Islamic 'Art Gallery' when travelling in a major int'l city, to pass an hour or two.

After 10mins walking inside, disappointed and deflated, realised would have experienced more asthetic visual and sensory pleasure shopping at at DIY depot for monotone navy patterned tiles.

On the way out the curator chap at the exit asked 'Did you enjoy the art?'.
    Had to look at him, look at the gallery signage above the door ('art galllery') and then back at the wall hangings (to make sure there wasn't a trip in the matrix).
    The least offensive thing could do was to say nothing, shrug the shoulders, and exit with some gusto.

Perhaps they can start with simple cartoons, then work up towards Antoni Gaudí or Picasso after a millenia or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Someday Americans will regret all the mass school shootings due to their belief that citizens needed easy access to guns to protect themselves from their government

maybe if the Western Governments weren't hell bent on importing violent people into our Countries then we need easy access to guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

maybe if the Western Governments weren't hell bent on importing violent people into our Countries then we need easy access to guns.

When was the last time you felt the need to be armed in Ireland due to "imported violent people"?

When was the last time you felt the need to be armed in Ireland due to "imported violent people"?

Ask anyone in Ballriggan that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Back when the Hebdo massacre happened, publications around the world could have helped out by printing the pictures. If you had all major Western media publishing them, it would have made it more difficult to see this as just a Charlie Hebdo thing and moved the target off them somewhat. I understand their fears for their journalists but I think capitulating like that sent the wrong message. That and those cnuts could hardly go after everyone.

Why insult people just to stick it to a minority or murderers?
    Treat it like the 'N' word. Track down the killers.

Bowie wrote: »
    Why insult people just to stick it to a minority or murderers?
    Treat it like the 'N' word. Track down the killers.

The majority tacitly support the islamists. Check out Pew polling and you find majorities support their medieval BS

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Once strolled into an Islamic 'Art Gallery' when travelling in a major int'l city, to pass an hour or two.

After 10mins walking inside, disappointed and deflated, realised would have experienced more asthetic visual and sensory pleasure shopping at at DIY depot for monotone navy patterned tiles.

On the way out the curator chap at the exit asked 'Did you enjoy the art?'.
    Had to look at him, look at the gallery signage above the door ('art galllery') and then back at the wall hangings (to make sure there wasn't a trip in the matrix).
    The least offensive thing could do was to say nothing, shrug the shoulders, and exit with some gusto.

Perhaps they can start with simple cartoons, then work up towards Antoni Gaudí or Picasso after a millenia or so.

I'm calling bull**** on this, there is some amazing Islamic art out there, even any basic carpet will have a detailed design on it. It's just a different style, mostly geometric or calligraphy

I'm calling bull**** on this, there is some amazing Islamic art out there, even any basic carpet will have a detailed design on it. It's just a different style, mostly geometric or calligraphy

You'll find a lot of the good art and science comes from the Persia/Shia side of islam, who make up only 10% of the islamic world. The sunni side of islam is a cultural desert.

The majority tacitly support the islamists. Check out Pew polling and you find majorities support their medieval BS

Every Muslim supports Sharia being implemented in the West. So virtually they all support the terrorists to some degree.

I'm calling bull**** on this, there is some amazing Islamic art out there, even any basic carpet will have a detailed design on it. It's just a different style, *mostly geometric or calligraphy*

I'm calling your view as bull**** and indeed unfounded, unreasonable.

The gallery 'is/was' as you describe, ALL geometric-calligraphy.

This is not high (or even reasonable) art, this is pattern making and squiggles at best, I'm very sorry to say as the experience was 15mins I can't get back.

• Advertisement

You'll find a lot of the good art and science comes from the Persia/Shia side of islam, who make up only 10% of the islamic world. The sunni side of islam is a cultural desert.
    Was surprised the other day watching a travel show on one of the Turk based Islamic states in the near East, they actually had painted portraits (of poets) on buildings, and held women in very high regard (not as 2nd class citizens) with portraits also, since the turn of the century inc voting rights. This is a rareity. S'Arabia only let them drive cars in the last few years.

Can't remember the city, one of those places that's not Europe, but still feature in the Eurovision sing-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Every Muslim supports Sharia being implemented in the West. So virtually they all support the terrorists to some degree.

Nonsense. Their beliefs range from liberal secular to full-on head-chopper. It varies massively by country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Can't remember the city, one of those places that's not Europe, but still feature in the Eurovision sing-off.

Azerbaijan, most likely.

Basically any artist who strayed from this form of art would have their work destroyed and maybe their life taken.
    The amazing carpet designs tend to come from Persia, the industry predating islam and even today incorporating many pre-islamic motifs

I've read some speculative garbage on boards, but this takes the expired cake. I know three people of the muslim faith, all of whom detest ISIS and other terrorist splinter groups. An antagonistic minority is in no way representative of the majority. You "virtually" made up these assertions on the spot.

Azerbaijan, most likely.
    Could be, if so, they also with some of the best entrants to the eurosingsong show in recent years. There may be glimmers of hope for quality music, high art and culture, if this trend can expand and continue in that region. Iceland and Bulgaria however, have set a high benchmark in the last 2yrs.

Nonsense. Their beliefs range from liberal secular to full-on head-chopper. It varies massively by country.

Bull****. They all want Sharia implemented in the West. So Yes that is support for the extremists. It might not be the full hog [Kill the infidels] but it is still support because they want the same thing. The West to be under the Iron Curtain of Sharia.

I've read some speculative garbage on boards, but this takes the expired cake. I know three people of the muslim faith, all of whom detest ISIS and other terrorist splinter groups. An antagonistic minority is in no way representative of the majority. You "virtually" made up these assertions on the spot.

Every Muslim living in the West has always answered Yes when they're asked if they want Sharia implemented in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm calling your view as bull**** and indeed unfounded, unreasonable.

The gallery 'is/was' as you describe, ALL geometric-calligraphy.

This is not high (or even reasonable) art, this is pattern making and squiggles at best, I'm very sorry to say as the experience was 15mins I can't get back.

Its what happens when creativity is held hostage by zealots

Expect to see a lot more like it in the west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Sensei has a habit of making up stuff on here tbf to him

Advertisement