Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror incident in Paris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

biko wrote: »
    As I understand it - Pakistani undocumented unaccompanied child Ali Hassan tried to kill two people he believed were journalists for Charlie Hebdo.

Ali Hassan 18yo from Pakistan
    33637774-8772267-image-m-92-1601082788244.jpg
    Meet Zaher Hassan Mahmood, 25
    A photo of his passport was found in his mobile phone...
    https://apnews.com/article/counterterrorism-paris-france-terrorism-archive-a9efb47d621c6a3ef5736438196ed419
    Not undocumented nor a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

As I understand it - Pakistani undocumented unaccompanied child Ali Hassan tried to kill two people he believed were journalists for Charlie Hebdo.

And a Man City fan to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Not a chance that lad is 18. A lot of them lie about their age as “undocumented minors” get treated better. Shave the children and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The week just before this a cop shop also in Paris was stormed by dozens (40) armed with metal bars, fireworks, projectiles, tried to force entry. Could have been nasty.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/11/paris-police-station-stormed-by-mob-with-metal-bars-and-fireworks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

The teacher was beheaded.

More ordinary people paying the price for hard left white guilt.
    But I'm sure he will have had a history of mental illness.
    Funny how white racists in the US are evil, and never mentally ill eh?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54573356

Well456 wrote: »
    Don't lose the head mate lol

I lost my temper once and couldn't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Pkiernan wrote: »

Mentally ill man with tanned complexion has a disagreement with citizen and is shot dead by brutal racist police.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Pkiernan wrote: »

More like all religious people are nutjobs. Hundreds of dead babies being excavated in Ireland, every second priest a paedo, and Irish people still go to mass. Down with all religion!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

RIP to the brave History teacher. No doubt the old mentally ill excuse will be rolled out here! 18year old Chechen Immigrant. At least the cops in france put the scum down! Apparently the victim had enraged Muslim parents by showing students cartoons of the prophet Mohammed. I doubt Christian parents would have been as enraged if the teacher had shown the kiddies cartoons of Jesus!

• Advertisement

More like all religious people are nutjobs. Hundreds of dead babies being excavated in Ireland, every second priest a paedo, and Irish people still go to mass. Down with all religion!

Excuses excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Well456 wrote: »
    The behaeder was born in Moscow
    Ergo a rucssian
    Not a Muslim

Utterly ignorant. Chechnya is part of Russia, predominantly muslim, has been for centuries.

Life ain't always empty.

The only real difference between Christianity and Islam is time. Witch hunts only ended in Europe in the 18th century. "Enlightened Europe" is only a couple of centuries away from barbarism. It also gave humanity two world wars fought between ostensibly Christian countries.

A pox on all religion.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Back when the Hebdo massacre happened, publications around the world could have helped out by printing the pictures. If you had all major Western media publishing them, it would have made it more difficult to see this as just a Charlie Hebdo thing and moved the target off them somewhat. I understand their fears for their journalists but I think capitulating like that sent the wrong message. That and those cnuts could hardly go after everyone.

Exactly, I remember thinking it at the time, that every newspaper should have had those cartoons headlined around the world.

They can't go after everyone, the fact that Sky News and others grovelled and apologized to any "offence" caused when someone tried to show the cartoons whilst being interviewed just emboldens these fanatics.

Also the reaction from some of the RTE "journalists" was a disgrace ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

splashuum wrote: »
    Four people attacked with a meat cleaver in Paris by the old Charlie Hebdo offices. Sad to see how regular this type of crime has become. Pictures of the suspect are already online along with the bludgeoned cleaver.

Not again, maybe a ban on organized religion would sort some of that.

The majority tacitly support the islamists. Check out Pew polling and you find majorities support their medieval BS

https://markhumphrys.com/polls.islam.html

I'm calling bull**** on this, there is some amazing Islamic art out there, even any basic carpet will have a detailed design on it. It's just a different style, mostly geometric or calligraphy

I've seen better down at Des Kelly carpets ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Cordell

The only real difference between Christianity and Islam is time. Witch hunts only ended in Europe in the 18th century. "Enlightened Europe" is only a couple of centuries away from barbarism. It also gave humanity two world wars fought between ostensibly Christian countries.

A pox on all religion.

It doesn't look good to say they're behind us by 300 years, that is if you're trying to defend them.
    And while there is common stuff between all Abrahamic religions, this one is the worst. It seeks to control a lot of the day to day life, from food to finance, and their warrior pedo prophet is the ultimate prophet, their direct link to god and the last prophet there will ever be. Try to reform that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Cordell wrote: »
    It doesn't look good to say they're behind us by 300 years, that is if you're trying to defend them.
    And while there is common stuff between all Abrahamic religions, this one is the worst. It seeks to control a lot of the day to day life, from food to finance, and their warrior pedo prophet is the ultimate prophet, their direct link to god and the last prophet there will ever be. Try to reform that.

We were raping and killing kids in Ireland while wearing priest garb until very recently. All religion is bad and takes advantage of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

We were raping and killing kids in Ireland while wearing priest garb until very recently. All religion is bad and takes advantage of people.

So why do western countries import so many religious fanatics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mostly peaceful beheading results in death

Cordell wrote: »

I've posted on Boards before my view - Islam is the worst idea in human history. But Christianity is in second place.

Strictly speaking it's 600 years, as it was founded that much later - but today even in the islamic world modernity cannot be shut out, the internet gets through despite censorship, illegal satellite TV in Iran, etc. so it should "only" take about 100 years for most of them to realise it's all a load of bollox, especially the perverse sexual morality which is there to control people. Exact same as we had here not very long ago, buying rubbers in the Virgin Megastore was illegal, while priests were getting up to all sorts of abuse.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Yes, all religions area bad. However some are worse then others and some are more dangerous then others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

And still objecting to sites being searched for bodies wtf, go and treat these murders/ childmolesters as heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Yes, all religions area bad. However some are worse then others and some are more dangerous then others.

It depends on the century you are in too.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Seriously the mental gymnastics the apologists are going through on this thread is hilarious "Oh but go back 600 years the Catholics were just as bad brutal"
    Yeah in case you hadn't noticed it's the 21st century and in your little warped minds you are trying to blame Christianity for the violent religion this headhacker was a part of!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The irony in this is saddening

Eke3jRYUUAEhgal?format=jpg&name=small
    nbv

• Registered Users Posts: 17 comedown

The irony in this is saddening

Eke3jRYUUAEhgal?format=jpg&name=small
    nbv

This guy is not the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭seenitall

I did the quick Google search in French on the above, the victim hasn’t been named yet. And Raphael Liogier seems to be a big name in the sociology of religion and what-not, so highly unlikely he would be teaching history in a secondary school.

Sounds like fake news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Horrifyimg beyond imagining.

An 18 year old did this - not parent of a child - because he was ‘offended’ at hearing the class discussion in the school. He was
    on a high risk watch list
    for violene and extreme radacalised behaviour

-ALONG WITH 20,000 OTHERS

Mother of God.
    and there have been 230 radical
    violent attacks in France in the past 3
    years alone.

Damn right I havn’t heard any talk of this in mainstream Iriah media. But Fungi
    is missing amd the Kinehans gf is under
    police protection.

W.T.F

Advertisement