Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror incident in Paris

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

biko wrote: »

Soon in a mosque near you, thanks to your progressive friends

I posted this almost 2 and a half years ago.

It still stands today.
    Islam in Ireland is growing at around at a huge rate due to population growth and immigration.

Which is why Ireland needs to enact laws now and not let it get out of control like France and other European countries have done.

Among these laws should be a ban on the hijab,burka etc,a ban on sharia laws and a ban on preaching extreme radicalisation up to and including preaching in ones place of worship.

Ive no problem with the Muslim population as long as they abide by the countries laws.As Klaz said if we got to their countries we have to drop our western attitudes and abide by their laws so is it not right that we expect the same when they decide to live here?

Theres already anecdotal evidence of sharia law being practiced here. Some Islam religious heads are trying to dictate to schools about whether Muslim girls should wear head scarves etc.

By 2020 the figures are predicted to be around 100000 people who identify as muslim. Id be surprised if we haven't already gotten there yet.By 2040 Islam is reckoned to be the second largest religion in Ireland.

Once the population has grown large enough muslims will have representation in the Dail (and rightly so if they win an election and a Dail seat) and will be able to enact laws that suit their way of life a bit better but may not be compatible with the Irish/Western way of thinking.

Its worrying because we could end up with situations like the UK and France where whole communities are ghettoised and being little old Ireland we wont react until its too late and the horse has bolted.

I also don't get why people are comparing this to the Catholic Church.
    Look where we have come from in the last 30 years. The catholic church dominated Irish society running schools,abusing kids,anti-everything.

Weve now gotten divorce,gay marriage,contraception and in a few weeks time we`ll have abortion on demand which will be the final nail in the coffin of the catholic church here. Do we really want any religion to have this much influence on society again? If we let it happen again we are the bigger fools.

No religion should ever have the power the catholic church had in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

^^^^ the problem apparently is that some people dare to insult or provoke and not that some people have left their humanity so far behind that they think that sawing through someone's neck is a reasonable response to an insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Total and utter indoctrination from birth.

That leads to unacceptance and hatred. Hatred of other religions, people and other values.

Not going to change anytime soon.

Revoke the right to stay or citizenship of the parents and the rest of the family and kick them out of the country.
    The parents have a responsibility for the 18 year old they brought up.

It's easy to take a liberal view of this stuff until confronted with it.

Just one single example is the following.
    I knew a guy (called Mohammed) who is married to my family member.

He is a Haffiz, meaning that he can recite the holy book in its entirety. He learnt that at a very early age. Millions of people are taught this and can do so from the ages of 6//7/8 etc.

Imagine being able to recite the Bible front to back and back to front at this age. Not often done. It's Indoctrination.

This guy being married to a person who became muslim, claimed that his wife would not be able to join him in paradise because she wasn't born into the religion.

So there he was destined for paradise with all those virgins minus wife. The book or the indoctrination says it, so it must be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭seenitall

^^^^ the problem apparently is that some people dare to insult or provoke and not that some people have left their humanity so far behind that they think that sawing through someone's neck is a reasonable response to an insult.

Not all cultures have the same definitions of humanity. I think that is very well evidenced in the tweets that biko posted above. For some cultures, religion and tetchiness around religion, take precedence over any human life. Importing this ideology into our societies has been and will continue to be a self-destructive madness. Priests, teachers, cartoonists and random members of the public will continue to be slaughtered and beheaded, and western freedoms will consequently continue to be eroded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Cordell

And what do the Muslims think?
    Quite a few of them, if not all, will usually be considered reasonable and moderate by their non-muslim acquaintances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Question for left wing appeasers:

Should immigrants who commit crimes in their new country while awaiting citizenship be deported?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are people that would want to kill me for posting this

463px-Portrait_of_the_Prophet_Muhammad_riding_the_buraq_steed_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

and I'm sure some Muslims too

Cordell wrote: »
    Quite a few of them, if not all, will usually be considered reasonable and moderate by their non-muslim acquaintances.

??????????????
    No, definitely not all.

Perhaps "quite a few of them" living in western societies but definitely not globally.

No matter which countries and as liberal countries they move to, the indoctrination follows them. It's what they were taught, it's what they were brought up with and it's what they teach their children.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

There are people that would want to kill me for posting this

and I'm sure some Muslims too

Im offended by how **** that picture is.

wandererz wrote: »
    ??????????????
    No, definitely not all.

Perhaps "quite a few of them" living in western societies but definitely not globally.

No matter which countries and as liberal countries they move to, the indoctrination follows them. It's what they were taught, it's what they were brought up with and it's what they teach their children.

Maybe I wasn't quite clear: we are told that the vast majority of muslims are moderate and non violent. This is what moderate means: they don't go blowing themselves up or chopping people's heads, but they are seriously offended by any criticism or ridicule of their religion to the point they justify a savage murder.

• Advertisement

Maybe I wasn't quite clear: we are told that the vast majority of muslims are moderate and non violent. This is what moderate means: they don't go blowing themselves up or chopping people's heads, but they are seriously offended by any criticism or ridicule of their religion to the point they justify a savage murder.

OK. Yes.
    From past experience, i do do agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not all German were Nazis.
    You only need a small aggressive radical group to do some major damage when their "moderate" peers won't do **** to stop them..

Not all German were Nazis.
    You only need a small aggressive radical group to do some major damage when their "moderate" peers won't do **** to stop them..

This is part of the problem.
    Stuff happens that concerns the people and the religion and yet the vast majority remain silent. In doing so they condone the act.

Considering all the bad mouthing and bad press, why hasn't there been a muslim led "stop the terror, we don't like this, we don't want this" initiative or campaign.
    What about all these peace loving people that we know, live with and work with. Are they not embarrassed, angry, livid enough about what's going on in their name that they could be arsed to take a stand against it and stand up for their espoused beliefs?

If someone does something in your name or belief, should you not take a stand against it if you don't accept or believe in it?

why hasn't there been a muslim led "stop the terror, we don't like this, we don't want this" initiative or campaign
    They tried this here, very few turned up and they were beaten by some other moderate muslims: https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30688270.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This is part of the problem.
    Stuff happens that concerns the people and the religion and yet the vast majority remain silent. In doing so they condone the act.

Considering all the bad mouthing and bad press, why hasn't there been a muslim led "stop the terror, we don't like this, we don't want this" initiative or campaign.
    What about all these peace loving people that we know, live with and work with. Are they not embarrassed, angry, livid enough about what's going on in their name that they could be arsed to take a stand against it and stand up for their espoused beliefs?

If someone does something in your name or belief, should you take a stand against it if you don't accept or believe in it?

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/muslims-worldwide-denounce-isis-terrorism-1.5421910

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/muslim-clerics-condemn-terrorism_n_566adfa1e4b009377b249dea?guccounter=1

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/muslim-council-of-sri-lanka-condemns-deadly-bombings-/1459143

https://mcb.org.uk/resources/muslims-against-terrorism/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/23/uk-muslim-leaders-condemn-cowardly-london-attack

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/arab-and-muslim-leaders-condemn-vile-terrorist-attack-nice

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/14/living/orlando-muslims-statement/

http://www.politico.eu/article/brussels-attacks-islamic-community/

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/not-in-my-name-muslims-speak-out/

...and theres plenty more.

In Birmingham, 55,000 copies of a booklet, Terrorism Is Not Islam, a 12-page guide produced by the city’s central mosque to answer questions such as “are suicide attacks lawful in Islam?” and “does the foreign policy of the west or other grievances justify killing non-Muslims?”, were handed out at mosques, schools and shops with the support of West Midlands police.

Seriously fkd up that they need a leaflet to explain them that killing is not ok.

It's all reactionary after each of these events.

Thanks for reminding me. I was there in Nice for that one.

I missed the the Glasgow Airport one in 2007 by a few hours.

They spew out stuff following these events and nothing more is heard until the next time.

Gas. When you get called out over your notion theres no condemnation, you then claim that its the wrong kind of condemnation. "no true scotsman"

Odhinn wrote: »
    Gas. When you get called out over your notion theres no condemnation, you then claim that its the wrong kind of condemnation. "no true scotsman"

It's not "Gas"
    initiative or campaign.

That's what i said. That suggests that it should be sustained and ongoing.

What is it with muslims and beheading? It's not enough to kill you, they have to mutilate your body too?

Religion of peace!!
    Its probably wrote somewhere in their book of fairy tales.

• Advertisement

It's not "Gas"

O but it is.

You were wrong, and yes, there are initaves and long term campaigns
    ince its inception in 1997, the Muslim Council of Britain has consistently condemned terrorism and looked for meaningful ways to challenge terrorism. On this page you can see our past statements and our actions.

I await with some amusement for you to tell me how thats the wrong kind of long term campaign.

I await with some amusement for you to tell me how thats the wrong kind of long term campaign.

That just a 1/4 page of ten points. That's it

The rest below are 7 condemnations regarding the middle east.
    Just SEVEN of thousands in the ME.

Pathetic.

That just a 1/4 page of ten points. That's it

The rest below are 7 condemnations regarding the middle east.
    Just SEVEN of thousands in the ME.

Pathetic.

There's none

Theres some but not the right ones.

The right ones aren't right either.

Etc and so on.

Unless we think the achievements of the Enlightenment deserve defending.

Nah that's racism.

There's none

Theres some but not the right ones.

The right ones aren't right either.

Etc and so on.

Go on and service your own agenda.

Do you see how BLM has evolved into a massive and ongoing campaign??
    It didn't take much in a short space of time in 2020(the previous hundreds of years excluded).

That's because of the masses objecting.
    Where are the masses of muslims objecting and saying no, no, no we are not this or we want this.

It seems that they want the benefits of western democracies but to maintain the extremism of sharia societies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

If you were the traditional French nationalist arm of the country, what would you do right now? What can you do? Seems the country is too far gone, over run by middle eastern, African delinquents who are hellbent on mutilating their innocent citizens.

It does count.

But it isn't ongoing, it isn't cohesive and isn't sustained.

You are wasting your time and effort. How much time have you spent just this evening googling this stuff only to post it here?

CBear1993 wrote: »
    If you were the traditional French nationalist arm of the country, what would you do right now? What can you do? Seems the country is too far gone, over run by middle eastern, African delinquents who are hellbent on mutilating their innocent citizens.

I would do this.

Revoke the right to stay or citizenship of the parents and the rest of the family and kick them out of the country.
    The parents have a responsibility for the 18 year old they brought up.

It's easy to take a liberal view of this stuff until confronted with it.

• Advertisement

It does count.

But it isn't ongoing, it isn't cohesive and isn't sustained.

If muslims decided to unilaterally kill themselves everytime there was a terrorist attack, you'd still have a problem with them. It's blatant intellectual dishonesty and more than a bit amusing.

Advertisement