Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

That link does not even mention PCR?

Why are you mentioned it then?

I simply posted the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

hmmm wrote: »
    I like the "circuit breaker" schemes that are being discussed.

Essentially 2 week hard lockdowns, flagged in advance - usually around the school holidays. Stay at home as much as possible, everything shut, businesses have time to prepare. They won't finish the virus, but they will significantly disrupt its spread. Repeat every couple of months until we find a way out (hopefully with a vaccine).

It will be disruptive and have an economic cost, but better than the disruption caused by unplanned shutdowns.

Christmas 2020

is_that_so wrote: »
    I see juking the stats at work! In other words, COVID only exists in anyone who gets hospitalised!

Dont shoot the messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Why are you mentioned it then?

I simply posted the link.
    One always assumes that posters read link information first, but we often don't. Saves you being blamed for the content!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

I wish I'd never shown you how to embed tweets :)

Whenever Sikora comes out with something, I now automatically assume it's rubbish.
    My first thought was - why aren't the Spanish gov crowing about this?
    I googled it, they're not.

My second thought was to see what some experts are saying.
    It seems that Spanish hospitalisation data is all over the shop, and no-one has a clue what's going on. Except of course for Prof. Sikora

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1308061323549442051?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Arghus wrote: »
    Supposedly we were, but there seems to be no mention of it, or else they are keeping it very quiet.

Zara King restricting movements after Richard Chambers went for a test due to symptoms... might be why we're not hearing much today.

is_that_so wrote: »
    One always assumes that posters read link information first, but we often don't. Saves you being blamed for the content!

I did read article. Thrust of what was said is correct. Hospitalization now main barometer of covid in Belgium and how to assess restrictions. Cases reported are now less important than previous due to various reasons.

Whenever Sikora comes out with something, I now automatically assume it's rubbish.

It seems that Spanish hospitalisation data is all over the shop, and no-one has a clue what's going on. Except of course for Prof. Sikora

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1308061323549442051?s=20[/QUOtTE]

Graph from BBC. Not credible enough. Thanks for the tip:D

Some posters only say spain is all over the shop when it doesn't fit into their belief. If it is all over the shop as you say discount altogether. It is the worst covid outbreak in Europe and signs are good that it's improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Don’t lock cork down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

The positive professor seems to have made a career on this. At first I thought it was ok. Might give hope to you get people regarding their mental health. Sadly he continues to spread information that is int credible. His pinned tweet for months about T Cells has been taken down in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Don’t lock cork down?

Don't start this again we're only after getting a nice new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Don't start this again we're only after getting a nice new thread

Didn’t realise this was a new thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

That an Englishman can't understand the statistics in the Spanish report due to how they window them (so he can chart them) is one issue.

They have quite detailed info at local level. 2 of the largest hospital ICUs in Madrid are at capacity and surgeries cancelled. Can't find the tweet.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1308477729440964610?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

103 of those cases in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

The pcr test leaves a lot to be desired. After 25 cycles of amplification. Even after the revenant of virus found..the person tested probably not infectious. But down as a positive case .but that person was infectious at some stage or not weeks ago ..so where does one start as regards at wat point in time do you do contact tracing

The Swedish professor talking to Philip Boucher Hayes on Drivetime just now didn't sound like a particularly nice individual, bit of a car crash interview if anyone heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

So they have held back nearly 100 cases?

For the laugh or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

For the laugh or what?

To give us all a fright in a day or two ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I think we'll see restrictions in Donegal soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

103 cases are in Dublin, 30 in Donegal, 22 in Galway, 21 in Cork, 13 in Wicklow, 12 in Louth, 9 in Kildare, 8 in Meath, with the remaining 17 spread across 10 counties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

NPHET briefing starting now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The Swedish professor talking to Philip Boucher Hayes on Drivetime just now didn't sound like a particularly nice individual, bit of a car crash interview if anyone heard it.

Facts and pragmatism are far more important than niceties tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Polar101

Still waiting for the first ever conference on RTE Now where they have the sound on, before the CMO starts speaking.

I think we'll see restrictions in Donegal soon enough.

Louth not looking too hectic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

Have they locked down Cork yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Dublin can't be far off level 4.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Louth not looking too hectic either.

Was like that there 20 years ago too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

For the laugh or what?

That's not how this works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Eod100 wrote: »
    NPHET briefing starting now

Again I say - put this on RTE News at 6 O'Clock! Sure it might be a bit hard to keep up with if your hard of thinking but the details and questions (even the bad ones) are worth a large prime time audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Tried booking an appointment for the flu jab there with Boots - denied - saying only vulnerable are getting it as stocks limited
    Woulda thought this year they would be wanting everyone to get it asap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement