Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭BK5

Bloody Halloween!!! It just gets earlier and earlier every year 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Tell you what, bloody chilly this morning. may have been a little premature turning off the central heating... brrr

At least it's looking like brightening up a little later in the week ( if you can believe a forecast these days)

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Today is my first day in the office in a few weeks, so I left the house at 06:30 and I couldn't believe how cold it felt. I thought the weather had started to warm up the last few days, but that definitely wasn't the case this morning. I heard some very heavy rain during the night, but the sun is shining out there at the moment. Long may it last.

In Arklow at the moment on site and it's clear and sunny, but breezy and very cold.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have very fond memories of stopping off in Arklow for an ice-cream on the last day of school on the way to spending the whole summer in Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Lads it was 4 degrees this morning, it has lashed down with hailstones about 3 times in between sunshine and then dark clouds…and we've run out of oil. Happy feckin Monday!

Hard to believe we're closer to May than January… feels like groundhog day with the weather these days. Talk of it improving later in the week… fingers crossed, though wouldn't be surprised if the rain just got slightly warmer 😀

4 seasons in one day alright. I was outside today and had change the working gear a few times to suit the weather.

Just noticed that we're halfway through April already. It's ✈️ by.

Youngest child (21) dropped to the airport this morning to get a flight to England to visit a friend, I know he's practically a grown man but the wife's and my self's nerves are gone. You never stop worrying about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Nice bright day here but cold! Hard to believe it's the May Bank Holiday in two weeks!

• Advertisement

Had to check there, I see the b/h Monday is 3 weeks from yesterday… that has come up fast!!

Our holiday starts on the first week in June (which is early for us) and at this rate i'll be packing for it in no time at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

We a few days like home here in the UAE, lashing, mops in hand and no AC or electricity upstairs. Would have been a perfect evening for a Christmas movie.

In westport today, lashing rain and pretty cold too. Rain started at Longford and got heavier further west.

Hard to belive it's nearly May.

And where is the spell of good weather we were promised for this week? Cold, cloudy and wet again today.

I really feel for the farmers, as annoying as the wet weather is for us, it has a much bigger impact on their livelihood if they can't get their crops planted.

Was just thinking the same thing. I was so hopefully getting my clothes out on the line this morning - they are still out there, only sapping now :(

Yes, feel for the farmers, even trying to get animals out of the sheds; the fields are too sodden for them

I even checked the weather forecast earlier in the week and picked today to do my washing (yes, I am sad and need to get out more!!!). I had them on the line before 9, expecting the sun to come out, but had to run out an hour later to bring them in.

Sunny here now on my way back from westport. Stopped for a coffee and it's lovely.

My Dad always said the further west you go from Dublin the wetter it gets and he's bloody right.

Work with a few people from Donegal and they'd tell you that the weather here in the East of Ireland is nothing 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Weather was lovely in North Dublin today, perfect for the littlest elf's confirmation. Can't believe we're almost done with primary school 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just a friendly reminder.

• Advertisement

I won't be counting that one down anyway 🤣

Dry but cloudy day here today. Trying to decide if we should go ahead with a bouncy castle over the weekend for the smallest birthday. Forecast is giving it to be dry - just not sure if it really will be…

I bit the bullet. Mother in Law is getting the Child of Prague outta the attic lol! And have issued invitations with "wear wet gear".

If the weather in Louth is as nice as North County Dublin today, the Child Of Prague did its job! Enjoy the day and happy birthday to the little Elf!

Hope you have a lovely day and a very Happy Birthday to your little one.

Finally a day for hurling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Nice and sunny today hope it stays that way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Woohoo! 😁

• Advertisement

Just checking in because it has been very quiet on here over the weekend, lovely weather and I hope everyone had a great time because of it. Badly needed and hopefully we get a few months of good weather now.

Was feeling a bit low yesterday, Mam passed away 3 weeks now and I think it's starting to sink in. Met up with a few of my wife's family today for dinner and then I went to the local GAA club for a few pints to watch what sports were on and got talking to a few people, had a bit of craic and it's helped a good bit.

Got talking to one guy, who I've never met before and he told me him and his wife have never had kids and they have started the process of fostering, things like this does your heart good to know that there is still people out there willing to try and make a better life for others.

So glad I popped into the club now and met this guy and talked to a few others, life is for living.

Happy Christmas everyone! 🎄🤣

Advertisement