Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm looking at the one I bought and I don't know what I was thinking.

I feel like I bought a coat for skiing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Dont worry, a good warm coat will always get used in this country. I have a parka that can only be worn on the coldest of days but it gets plenty of wearing I can tell you. Especially when attending sporting events!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm at a wedding at the weekend and while I know they have indoor arrangements they had hoped to get married outside.

It's a shame how wet its been this year only two ok weekends so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

If you want an outdoor wedding there's only 2 weeks you're pretty much guaranteed sunny weather.

Leaving cert week and back to school week!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm still wearing my winter coat and scarf going to work, it's usually an average of 4-9 degrees in the morning with a stiff breeze and a smattering of rain when I'm leaving the house so I haven't been able to shed the coat yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I havent shed the winter weight yet. My body still thinks it’s winter. Thats my excuse and im sticking to it!!! 👀👀👀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I was at Cork Airport yesterday morning waiting to board a Ryanair flight and thought the people on the steps were vaping but it was just their breath because it was so cold. Can’t believe how cold it is as we enter into our summer months.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sun!!! The sun is out!!!

One positive thing I’ve noticed in the last week is the undersoil seems to be drying out hopefully. Was getting tired of swamp season.

Well is it the first day of Summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I know they say it's the first day of summer but in my head summer is June, July and August.

Lovely fresh day out there but it was freezing this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Not here it's not, cloudy and grey here, no rain yet but it's coming

Sunny in westport today but stopped here on.my way home and there's gloomy weather coming, a few spots of rain too.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Bluebell woods

I made me a wee May Altar

There ye go 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Bluebell woods

So I did, so I did…

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Few things to do here this morning then heading to Dublin for a work event tonight. I am no more un the humour of this but I can't really get out of it. At least I will be able to do some family stuff on Friday before I head home on Saturday some time.

Ha, I just got a call to say I am not needed at the event after all. Shall we call this a Christmas wish come true? How about a Christmas miracle 🤣

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yessssss. 😁🥳

Two bits of Christmas related news!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭BK5

Great to see Christmas FM's post and even better to see Gavin and Stacey's post! I keep having a weird feeling that it won't be set at Christmas!?! It has to right? It's going out Christmas night so it has to (talking to myself now).

Just back last night from a few days in Spain, hit the bed at 3am so just going to do a few clean up jobs around the house today and get a takeaway for the kids this evening. Weather was only so so in Spain as well, rained on Monday and was dull on Wednesday. Anyway we still enjoyed it.

A small highlight was on the taxi ride back to the airport we spotted a Christmas Shop in Torrevieja. 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭antimatterx

On a more serious note, how tf is it May. It was St Patrick's Day last week and Christmas the week before.

We'll be discussing the BT Christmas shop before we know it.

I'd be very surprised if the finale isn't set at Christmas… the 2 previous Christmas specials were set at Christmas & are widely regarded as 2 of the best ever episodes. Maybe it'll be Smithy & Nessa's wedding set at Christmas!!

My hunch is that he declined Nessa's proposal from the end of the last special, goes back to his GF but ultimately realises that Nessa is his soul mate & he proposes to her… Finishing with them getting married!

Hard to know, the first Christmas special ended on a real happy note with them all singing with Mick on the new keyboard. The second one definitely finished on a cliff-hanger so hard to say what way they are feeling when they were writing for the 3rd one.

We could all write in what way we think it is going to be like, closest one wins.

This one is due to be set in Essex if they go that way, can't see Nessa settling in Essex to be honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I wasn’t too far from you, we were in Dénia and Valencia for a few days. It was raining on Monday when we were on the bus from Valencia to Dénia and I was thinking we should have gone to Seville instead but weather turned out ok. Hope you enjoyed the break.

Very good, hope you had a lovely time. We were in the Playa Flamenca and La Zenia area, never there before so 4 days wasn't enough, we were just finding our feet by days 3 and 4, would have loved another 2 days.

Back to reality now. The year really is flying by.

It's mad to think that will be five years ago in December.

I hate bringing it up but when we watched that back in 2019 we had no idea what was ahead of us in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Go on Leinster- edge of your seat stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Little elf declared it the best match he's ever been at!

• Advertisement

For 70 minutes the atmosphere was incredible, the last 10 were torture though.

Advertisement