Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We were aware of the 'Easter bunny' growing up in the 70s and early 80s but never really embraced the idea in our house. Santa and to a lesser extent the tooth fairy were the extent of our belief of fictional icons/characters.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

As of Christmas 2024 all households/businesses will be required to keep Christmas Decorstions up for the full 12 days of Christmas.

Failure to do so will result in a €2,500 and up to 6 months in prison.

I'm 32 this year and I always had the Easter Bunny.

Even in first class we made little Easter cups and the Easter Bunny visited them at lunch time and out little eggs into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Very same for us. Easter eggs were just given to us from the "Easter bunny". For my own I used to hide an egg in their room and we'd joke that the bunny had been. Yesterday I didn't even do that and just left the eggs on their desks. Unfortunately the littlest elf (12) left his on the floor in its foil and went to the bathroom leaving the bedroom door open and the dog got in. Thankfully all he did was lick it so we were only down an egg and not also a doggy. Especially since it was last night and we'd had guests all day so neither OH or I could legally drive🍷🍷

Full Christmas dinner was on the menu, except for sprouts, couldn't find them. Was delish, as were the leftovers today.

There's an ad for Walkers on ITV and it plays The Power of Love in it. It reminds me of Christmas especially with the glow of our Easter tree in the background. I don't know if it makes me happy or sad.

• Advertisement

The way this tear is going we'll be seeing Christmas stuff before you know it... can't believe we're into the 4th month already.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

April always flies by in our house as we've two birthdays!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm off for a week this month so essentially it's just a 3 week month for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's already summer stuff in the supermarkets…. gets earlier every year!

Was lovely this morning, I sat in the garden with my coffee. And walking the dog last night after 8 and it wasn't pitch dark. I like the hints of summer.

• Advertisement

I made my first purchase for Christmas 2024 last night - a present to myself lol! A yarn advent calendar based on the theme of "Christmas in Donegal" :)

Spent the day in emerald Park (tayto park) with the family. Had a ball, weather was great too.

You got a fab day for it! Looking forward to going myself in a few years when the boys are bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭BK5

Hi All. Just back in my own house after staying with Dad since Friday. Our beautiful, kind, funny Mother passed away last Saturday morning surrounded by all of us. She fought the good fight and never complained once.

Dad looked after her so well when she was sick, he really was a hero in all this. May we all be so lucky to have someone love us that much after 53 years of marriage.

Funeral was Monday and the crowds that attended her removal and funeral was testament to how well liked she was. Her quality of life had started to go down and we all had agree that she is better off now, even though we have been left with a big void in our lives.

Want to thank all of you who wrote on here sending me your best, you have no idea how much your kind words have meant to me. I always say it - Christmas people are the best people.

Anyway this note has been like a mini therapy session for me and I feel better for writing it so thank you all again and I'll soon get back to spreading Christmas cheer on here. ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Thinking of you and your family BK5.

Take care of yourself.❤️

So sorry for your loss BK5. Be kind to yourself. Xx

Thanks, family are making me take the whole week off work because they know what I'm like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭pigtail33

So sorry for your loss BK5. Only you will know what's right for you to do right now, but I'm sure taking the week off work is very much needed.

We're all here for you ❤️

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm very sorry to hear that BK5, may your lovely mother rest in peace.

So sorry for your loss @BK5 I can only imagine how you feel and dread the day it happens our family.

Take care of yourself and definitely take the time off to help start your own healing.

Remember we'll be here to help distract you if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Deepest sympathies to your Dad, You and all your family @BK5. May your mother rest in Heavenly peace with those that have gone before her.🙏

I'm so sorry for your loss @BK5. May your Mammy rest in peace. Take care of yourselves 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’m so sorry for your loss @BK5. My condolences to you and your family at this sad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

@BK5 I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family at this heartbreaking time. May your lovely mam rest in peace.

Mind yourselves and if you need anything, we're always here 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ah I'm very sorry to hear that. 😢 Take care of yourself

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm so sorry for your loss, @BK5. ❤️ I'm glad your family are looking out for your wellbeing. We're all here if you need us. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

My sympathies to you and your family at this very sad time @BK5 May she Rest in Peace

Sorry to hear that @BK5 may she rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Sorry for you and your family's loss @BK5 . Thinking of you all and sending on my condolences. A bed of heaven for her.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the very kind messages, you are all such genuinely sound bunch.

My mother told my Dad that whatever money she had in her handbag was to be split evenly between my brother, sister and me so he insisted we take a few quid each the other day, so I'm going to head up to the M50 Christmas shop today and getting a few bits and lights for the outside of the house. It will cheer me up just to walk around the place and I'll be using Mam's money for something that brings real joy to us in my house.

Advertisement