Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've bedclothes on the line. Don't know where I'm getting the optimism from!

I'm off to Spain tomorrow for a hens and it's as though the world knows because every bit of work popping up has an urgent/critical deadline for today.Haven't packed, have to plan out outfits (there's themes), still have to go to shops.I'm just glad my flight is tomorrow afternoon so if all else fails I have the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

If it helps, I didn't put any washing on the line & I regret my lack of optimism - it's been a lovely day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congrats @Smell the glove, look forward to seeing your Christmas pics.

Enjoy the hen weekend in Spain @Aisling(",).

I'm just home from having an epidural so I’m in bed taking it easy but it’s a cracking day here, glorious sunshine 🌞.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭BK5

Enjoy the weekend in Spain @Aisling(",) . I'm not heading to the sun till Sept this year so I'm jealous as hell. 😄

Hope all is good @Cork Lass. Very best wishes.

Crappy start to the day but it is supposed to get better after 10am here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'm off to Kilmainham for a tour with a bunch of 16yos today, nice break from the school day. And tomorrow evening I'm off to wicklow with my cub scouts for a hostelling weekend. Then 2 weeks to recover from it all 🤪 Hoping for a dry weekend at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Beautiful morning here in westport, forecast is for rain later (surprise surprise) but nice to look at a blue sky over breakfast.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Absolutely cracking morning here! It's windy and cool, but the sun is shining and there's not a cloud to be seen in the sky! I've a few days off next week & the week after for the Easter Hols so it would be just lovely if this was to continue!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How I feel about the weather lately!!

• Advertisement

I'm having my morning outside coffee by a lake in wicklow. Just me, a million birds chirping and the sound of the water lapping at the shore. Spring is definitely here. Bloody cold though, 4 with a feel of 1.

That sounds lovely. I know what you mean about the cold, I was out walking the last few mornings and it was beautifully sunny but bitter cold. I love the bird activity at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The mornings when camping are the absolute best times.

The crispness, the peace, easing yourself into the day

The peace is long broken now, 15 kids and 4 teens are up 😄

Def feels like winter again the last few days, real chill in the days and evenings.

Was getting my hair cut yesterday morning and the young girl cutting it was from Ukraine. She has been living in Ireland a few years and still couldn't get her head around the Irish weather, she said - sometimes it feels like it's Autumn all the time. I had to agree a bit to be honest.

Good morning everyone, it’s another wet one here in the south. Got up to go for a walk to try to undo some of the overindulgence of the weekend. I had a three day celebration for my milestone birthday so realistically I’d need to walk to Dublin and back but what the heck 🥳. Hopefully the rain won’t get too heavy. Have a good week everyone, chocolate day and a long weekend are fast approaching.

Couldn't believe how bright it was getting up at 5.30 this morning, then leaving the house at 6.20 it was totally daylight. First time I've noticed that this year. I know it'll change at the weekend with the clocks going forward but still, love seeing the brighter days. Be even better next week with the brighter evenings.

Wish the rain would do one though, sick of it. We had another match cancelled at the weekend due to unplayable pitches as they're simply getting no time to recover with the constant rain. We've had 5 of our 8 games so far postponed due to the weather making pitches unplayable. So frustrating.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Happy Monday all! Kids are just getting ready to go to camp - still can't believe it's the Easter Holidays. We checked when Easter will be next year & it's not until April 20th! From one extreme to the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Kinda scary how well the Amazon algorithm knows me, well, apart from thinking I might have any interest in buying Holly Dolly Christmas. I got this e-mail from them yesterday!

• Advertisement

Lol at the Holly Dolly Christmas - my parents LOVED the Christmas album that she did with Kenny Rogers. It was the soundtrack of my childhood Christmases. Love a bit of Dolly :P

The title track would enough to put me off the entire album!!

I still remember that year on Christmas FM when they played that particular ditty to death, It overtook (briefly) Christmas Shoes as my most hated Christmas song of all time.

Was it as annoying as "I want a hippotamus for Christmas"? That is really the worst Christmas song ever.

Yep, must be two or three Christmases ago. The first few times I heard it, I didn't mind it at all. Then it seemed to be on every single time I listened into Christmas FM and it really began to grate on me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Monday everyone, more rain again, wettest March in a while.

How are we all keeping, Easter weekend this weekend! Feel like the year is zipping by!

That is still my recollection. Every time I'd get into the car it would be played, even on quick 5 minute spins... it really grated on me at the time.

Heard on the radio on the drive home that today was international waffle day... is that true?

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday @Cork Lass, many happy returns.

Was talking to my wife yesterday and a few times over the last 25 years we cooked a turkey for Easter Sunday dinner and it was Christmas dinner 2 basically. Just going with a large fillet of ham this year but all the trimmings will be done. Maybe a leg of lamb is more the traditional one for this time of year but not everyone in the house likes it.

What are your plans for the weekend.

Advertisement