Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Roast leg of lamb, roast veg (carrots, onions, parsnips) roast potatoes & sprouts for dinner Sunday. Its up there with Turkey & Ham for Christmas in ours.

We have no GAA matches this weekend so bringing the kids in to the Division 1 league final at Croker. Have the Dublin Derby on Friday night in Tallaght too so a weekend of sport.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It is/was true!

I forgot too- I've been sick in bed for the last few days so I don't know what day it is right now, really. Plus every day lately has been so dreary and rainy they're all merging into one!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hope you're feeling better Posy, when DVB mentioned Waffle Day I immediately thought ah Posy I bet has made herself some amazing waffles!

I hear you about every day merging into one, the overcast wet mess that is our weather is just miserable! And set to continue for a while yet.

Think there's a collective malaise around our weather at the moment, everyone seems to be commenting on it negatively for a while now. There's only so much grey, gloomy, wet days you can put up with before becoming frustrated. With the longer brighter days it makes sense that people would like to get out a bit more but the weather hasn't got the memo and seems determined to keep us all cooped up indoors....fingers crossed it starts to improve soon.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

@DvB Ironically this is from One year ago and sadly TRS last post in the Christmas Forum, although his account remained active until May-23 he never posted here again.

Seems like March is the miserable weather month these days.

• Advertisement

Is that a year already, wow. He was such an active contributor here & then just disappeared.

Maybe the weather this time of year is always miserable so, have never had so many match postponements from unplayable pitches though so suspect that's why I thought his year was particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

At least that post said we had a dry February! The constant rain really is miserable. And it's not even warm. Come on Spring weather, let's be having you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Can't agree to that one! I was actually going around the house singing it yesterday 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭BK5

That dinner sounds lovely, right up my street. Unfortunately the 3 lads in my house love lamb while the 2 ladies in the house don't so you know who's going to win that argument 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Woke up to a beautiful sunny morning and left the house early for a walk. It was so cold and just as I got home the rain started and quickly turned to sleet. It’s been snowing in a few parts of Cork this morning. It’s dark and bleak 😢.

It was a very wet start to the morning here in Dublin, but I'm sure that's a sun I see currently trying to peek through the clouds. Who knows what the afternoon will bring.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Forecast is showers until 6ish, but it looks reasonably dry for the remainder of the evening/night. Hopefully have time to get out for a nice walk with the Mrs if it does stay dry.

I went out for a walk at lunchtime, with my sunglasses on and got caught in a hail shower. Thankfully I was well prepared and as well as the sunglasses, I also had a raincoat, hat and waterproof ski gloves on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Off with the kids for a few days but the weather is making it impossible to plan activities! Was lovely out 10 minutes ago; now we have the lights on and it's lashing again!

Literally went from dark to sunny to rainy in the space of a hour today. I give up on this weather!

Can’t believe next week is April. I was convinced it was only February today in work. Went to the work planner and opened March going right next month. Everyone was like next month is April.

Year has zipped by so far, fastest start to a year I can remember. Normally it's still January by now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

On the way up the North for a day trip - its trying to flipping snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I came on to post that we took a day trip up north and it's full on snowing right now.

Holy moly!!

• Advertisement

Hi All, my Mam has been in hospital over 3 weeks now and we got the news yesterday that we all knew was coming but still came as a huge shock. Unfortunately they have told us that she has less than a week to live so it is just about us staying with her and the hospital making her as comfortable as possible.

I was in two minds about sharing this as this is the place where we come to spread good cheer all year round with our shared love of Christmas but this page has given me so much over the years and I know a lot of you in a way if that makes sense.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great Easter weekend and thanks for listening. ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Hi @BK5. So very sorry to hear that about your mom, it’s devastating news for you and your family and I don’t really know what to say except spend as much time with her as you can and let her know what a happy life she gave you and how much you love her. Plenty of listening ears and strong shoulders here if you need us. Feel free to offload.

So sorry to hear that @BK5 I don't think it is anything you can ever prepare for, even when the news is somewhat expected. I can only hope that you Mam is as comfortable as possible. Take care of yourself and we'll all be thinking about you over the next few days.

❤️

Ah @BK5 im so sorry to hear this. Sending you all the love in the world. Take care of yourself during this difficult time.
    Im glad you felt you can share this here. We are always here for everyone through both good and bad times.

Cheerish the time ye have left with your Mam and fondly remember the yesteryears. Celebrate the life she lived and all the lives she touched. We’re all here for you day or night. Take care. X

So sorry to hear your news @BK5.

I know there's nothing anyone can say to really help you feel better but do try to look after yourself and spend as much time with your mum as you can, and as mentioned above look back fondly on the time you did have.

Take Care.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

@BK5 Thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

@BK5 I'm truly so very sorry to hear such sad news. I'll be thinking of you, your family and especially your Mam. We're all here for you in the Christmas forum so reach out if you need anything- even just somewhere to get things off your mind and chest.

Take care of yourselves.

Ah, @BK5 I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you have this time with her and that they are making her as comfortable as possible. xx

Like Loughc said, we are here any time for the good times and the not so good times. We are all here and thinking of you now. ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

@BK5 sorry to hear your sad news. Always feel free to come and offload any time. We'll all be thinking of you here.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for all the kind words folks. Mam is being very well looked after in Mullingar hospital and she will be made as comfortable as possible.

I am moving in with Dad tomorrow to help him out and we will work out a roster of who stays with Mam over the next few days. It is something that nearly all of us have to face sometime but it's very very weird having to talk about funeral arrangements for one of your parents.

Thanks again for everything, really appreciate it, I love this place 🎄💚

Advertisement