Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

Best wishes for your mam, BK5. I hope she is as comfortable as can be. Mind yourself too.

@smelltheglove Friday looks like a day to go to Tramore if I can get the creaky car clutch fixed before then or scab a lift ;-) I'll take your advice re the sights. I can't pinpoint Mollys but probably when I see it I'll know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Best wishes to your Mammy @BK5, I hope she is comfortable. Take care of yourself too - it's a rough time.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I had a lovely Mother's Day with lots of homemade cards & the traditional breakfast in bed of tea and cold toast while three kids jumped on me & asked when I was opening the Lindt balls :P Wouldn't change it :) Hope everyone had a nice one - it's a tough day for many.

Other than that, I'm still in recovery from the rugby on Saturday evening. Think I nearly needed a valium after it. All to play for against the Scots now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not a bad morning out there, could have done with less cloud and more sun, but felt not too cold out there and there was no wind at all, the wind makes such a difference.

Horrid misty rain here - hasn't stopped since Saturday :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yes it hasn't been the best weather this year at all so far! Hopefully means we are in for a good summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Thats an understatement, the amount of rain, or at least the amount of days its rained has been very frustrating. We see it with matches being postponed due to pitches being unplayable. This is the worst I've ever seen for postponements.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭BK5

First 11 days of March have been horrible alright, I think it is to pick up. Hopefully some nice weather for Paddy's Day.

Driving with my Dad yesterday and he was bemoaning the dark sleety rain that was falling, he said "it's only 4 in the afternoon and it's dark and miserable, it's like an evening coming up to Christmas". I couldn't help but think of this place 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Still too wet for my first cut of the grass this year will need a combine harvester if this keeps up.

Heading to a wedding on Friday so hoping the weather is at least dry.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

This is what the outside looks like anyway. Bottom of the prom opposite end to the amusement slots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well, I've spent the last few hours reading over the thread from Christmas Day and taking notes.

Congratulations to @Loughc and your new elf and to all those with good news. I think somebody did a masters.

Thinking of @BK5 and your family also.

I haven't won the Lotto at anystage. I got a few €4. There's a new ticket called an All Cash Surprise costs €7 which we won €20 in. It has an online game also than you scan a QR code.

Decorations came down in early January. Took the boxes out of the attic along with the Easter Decorations and they still all boxed up in the spare room. I took down the little train in my bedroom last week also.

No snow for me just sleety rain.

I can still select XMAS FM in my car but I can just hear static but sometimes it picks up another station and I can pretend.

It's hard to believe 2020 was four years ago. We all know what happened. The shops were crazy this time four years ago.

We're also nearly half ways through March and we'll have quatre of the year done in about two weeks.

The evenings are certainly getting brighter!

Loving the catch up @freshpopcorn

It is great to see we're almost through the first (& usually the toughest) quarter of the year already. Have a feeling this year is going to go by on fast forward if those 3 months are anything to go by.

Loving the brighter mornings & evenings myself, really notice it on the drives to & from work. Wont be long before we're back training on grass too rather than on floodlit astro's. Always something I look forward to every year.

Was out for a walk over the weekend and noticed that the parks were finally getting the grass cut and the smell was gorgeous! That smell always makes me think of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

@smelltheglove Ah, now I see a photo of it, I do indeed know it to see. Was never in it but will certainly now :-) reading the Met Eireann site, Friday sounds like the best day and I have the clutch fixed so Tramore here I come :-) the clutch was about to fall off apparently so just as well i didn’t risk going the other day! buying the winning euromils ticket while there and going to win a load of tickets at the slots and the nephew can use them in the summer :-)

I think this morning was the first morning that we had breakfast without the lights now. Great to see it - I love the bright mornings. I don't mind the darker evenings so much, but I hate getting up when it's still dark. Mind you, it is still raining. I think it stopped for a brief hour yesterday. Must look up the forecast for Sunday - we got destroyed at the parade last year.

Forecast for the next while is showers, showers, wind and the odd shower.

Did I mention showers?

Ah lads stop the weather has me broken. Finally saw a bit of blue sky this morning and then it proceeds to rain.

The forecast for the next 10 days is not any better as well. I miss the sun. I think it used to be green in colour?!

Pig sick of wet weather.

I don't mind the cold, happy to wrap up & get out & do something active, but the rain can do one at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Decorations came down in early January. Took the boxes out of the attic along with the Easter Decorations and they still all boxed up in the spare room. I took down the little train in my bedroom last week also.

Speaking of Easter decorations, passed a house on Monday with a big inflatable Easter bunny in the front garden, was going by too fast to spot if there was anything else besides it. I wonder will that take off now with people going all out for decorating for Easter in the garden, the same way it has with Christmas and Halloween decorating. Even yesterday I was in Dealz and all the crafts & mini eggs you could buy for DIY Easter Egg hunts were in full supply.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

A fine sunny day here in Sligo and the new lambs are out in the field across the road - I'll get no work done looking out at them 🐑

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Advertisement

in 2 weeks times we will be 39 weeks to go!

i feel like this year is moving at record speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Anyone planning a Christmas baby off you go 😂😂

I can see a bit of blue sky!! And it hasn't rained since this morning woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

You don't live near me then.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'm on my second antibiotic for a nasty chest infection. After missing 6 days if work I managed to get back on Monday only to be back in the doc yesterday. Hope it gets better over the weekend cos I'm getting tired of sofa rest.

Anyone hitting the big parade in Dublin city?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I work in Dublin city. Wild horses could not drag me in there on a bank holiday!

Apparently the Clerys building is opening back up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I lived in Smithfield and Drumcomdra for a few years in my youth and only ever went in to the parade in town once. I just didn't find it enjoyable. Too big, too busy and too messy.

Heard about Clerys reopening. I think it's H&M moving in? I doubt it'll look anything like the old Clerys but still nice to see some life in the old building.

• Advertisement

Btw, just copped I had 9999 posts, so had to make sure post no.10k was in here with all you wonderful people!!

Advertisement